• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA: PS4+Xbox One install base at over 55m Worldwide.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Those numbers are rounded most likely, but if we use exactly 55 million, looks like XB1 is at >19 million, since PS4 is at < 36 million.

EDIT: And looks like Welfare was spot on with those XB1 estimate :p congrats mate!

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
So approx 37/20 then? Good numbers for both. Exceptional for Sony obviously. But still very healthy for Microsoft.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I didn't catch if they specify during the conference call, but is that sell-in or sell-through?

Mpl90

This estimate was a response to someone asking EA to get rid of their lesser performing titles (read: Mirror's Edge) :p

It's EA's estimate.

I know it's an EA estimate, but I mean a sell-in estimate or sell-through estimate.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
In less than 7 hours, we will know the most recent shipment (sold in) for PS4, when Sony published their results for Q4 2015.

35,9 million was sold through.

Conduit

Banned
37+20 is 57.

More likely to be 36 + 19 range.

Well, 35.9 mil. announcement is from beginning of the January ( 3rd ). Now it is almost end of January. PS4 sales are averagely 1 mil+ every month. PS4 are probably around 37 mil. and Xbone around 18- 18.5 mil.

Madness

XB1 at 20m is impressive when you think about how the US is its main market and it hasn't done to well elsewhere.

Main markets are US/Canada/UK/Australia, they dominated that last gen, so it's still a huge blow to them to have Sony lead in every area like this.

I'm curious though what the sales are like worldwide though. Wish they'd just release concrete numbers.

Mpl90

Install base means sell-through.

It wasn't explicitly said. From the context of this being an EA conference call and this being about a potential audience it is a sell-through estimate.

http://edge.media-server.com/m/p/u24ocgcr
You need to wait until the whole call is accessible on demand. It's the third to last or second to last question.

Yeah, I was assuming as such, just wanted to see if it was correct. Fair enough, thanks to both of you.

Kill3r7

Well, 35.9 mil. announcement is from beginning of the January ( 3rd ). Now it is almost end of January. PS4 sales are averagely 1 mil+ every month. PS4 are probably around 37 mil. and Xbone around 18- 18.5 mil.

The over 55 mil is end of the year 2015. So the 35.9 is the correct number for PS4.

etta

my hard graphic balls
How do you know when EA calculated these numbers? These findings could have very well been finalized at the beginning of January, or middle, or a few days ago.
Zhuge is saying this number is as of the end of 2015, so when PS4 was at </= 35.9M?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Over 55 mil isn't part of the quarterly reports, but a response to investor question, so not necessarily.
It's not over 55 million and it is end of calendar year 2015.

There is inherent ambiguity when talking estimates by a third party but the statement was clear. 55 million combined by end of calendar year 2015.

I think this thread would've been better served if it didn't take Zhuge's editorilzation but Saty's post in the EA thread. All the actual information in an equally concise post without any distortion.

Conduit

Banned
The over 55 mil is end of the year 2015. So the 35.9 is the correct number for PS4.

How do you know when EA calculated these numbers? These findings could have very well been finalized at the beginning of January, or middle, or a few days ago.
Zhuge is saying this number is as of the end of 2015, so when PS4 was at </= 35.9M?

And EA numbers ARE ESTIMATE! So, maybe install base were 53 mil. not 55 at the end of 2015.

Kill3r7

And EA numbers ARE ESTIMATE! So, maybe install base were 53 mil. not 55 at the end of 2015.

That's one possibility but it could also have been higher. All we can do is go by their numbers which is what everyone is doing in this thread.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
VGchartzzzzzzzZZZzzz correct wowza!

SBAM.gif

Seems to be in line with most peoples calculations. We have the PS4 figure, but the safe bet for XBone sales seems to be 18 - 20 million right?

Top Bottom