• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sale on Xbox One - Includes Titanfall for $10, DA:I for $35

Smidget

Bought Peggle on the last deal and now to get the DLC (maps, don't care about costumes) I'll essentially double the price. Darnit :/

Definitely get PvZ if you can. Most fun I've had on my Xbone outside of FH2.

I'll probably get Titanfall. Regretted not getting it at that price back in November.

How is the unlock progression?

RBH

I regretted missing out on Titanfall deluxe during the Black Friday sale.

Won't miss out on it this time.

Bought.

Pavaloo

hell yeah i'll double dip on titanfall for that price

i used to play it so much on pc, but stopped cause i got tired of playing at my desk

how does the game run on xbox compared to pc?
How is UFC? Worth it? Also, what about PvZ?

Worth the money I'd say if you have people to play local multiplayer with. I don't even watch ufc, but I love the game

Never played Titanfall and new xbox one owner here. I had some money in my account, so titanfall ended up costing me $4.66. Am i stupid? Or was it worth $4.66?

Hands down the best MP shooter in years imo and you paid less than $5 for it. Fuck yes worth it.

Learn the ropes, then hop into Last Titan Standing.

Pavaloo

Hands down the best MP shooter in years imo and you paid less than $5 for it. Fuck yes worth it.

Learn the ropes, then hop into Last Titan Standing.

most rewarding mode for sure

agreed on mp as well, feels fresh and really polished in its core (though i have qualms with smart pistol, but whatever)

biteren

Titanfall for that price is a absolute must, incredibly fun, nearly makes me want a Xbox1 just to play it! Get it while its HOT!!!

Thinking about biting on Dragon Age as I have a few bucks left from a gift card, but damn if my back log isn't piling up. Watch Dogs, Tomb Raider. TLoU, Unity, plus some other smaller titles, and plus everything with PS+ and gwg. I don't know if I bought it I'd ever play it.

I love to see thus enthusiasm for getting Titanfall, good! Awesome game and you find games very quickly even when there are only few tens of gamers in said mode.

Popping in to further endorse Titanfall. Caught up in a lot of other games right now (and just bought another today- Infamous Collection), but it was a lot of fun. Don't think I've even played any content from Map Pack 3 and onward either.

Heard good things about PvZ, though haven't played it (downloaded the free PS4 version during that triple game giveaway last year).

Attrition is the only game type that gets a decent amount of players. All the other modes are in the double digits. Some modes have less than 15 players playing.

SpokkX

I know Dragon Age will look better on PS4...but I'll admit it's tempting to just buy the One version considering I already have my 6 hour trial downloaded.

I own both consoles and actually chose DA:I on Xbone instead of PS4 because the framerate is better on Xbone. Quite a bit better in face. The resolution difference is barely noticeably

Chris1

So if I buy the delux edition all the maps are in Attrition but only if everyone has them?

Yeah the map packs are integrated into regular DLC playlists.

First it tries to match you with others who have the DLC, if it's unable to find a lobby with DLC enabled then it puts you in a lobby with no DLC. The only problem is that you don't know if the lobby you're in has DLC enabled until a DLC map comes up, but for attrition you should be good to go. For the less populated playlists you might not get in a DLC lobby.

For an extra $2.50 you're getting 9 more excellent maps, you really can't go wrong at that price.

Hatchtag

Banned
By the time I get a Xbox One Titanfall should be free.

It goes on sale often enough that I wouldn't be worried about getting a deal like this on it again.
That being said, it is a really fun game, so I recommend getting it once you pick one up!

There's about five to six thousand playing at peak hours. It's relatively small but active.

I love to see thus enthusiasm for getting Titanfall, good! Awesome game and you find games very quickly even when there are only few tens of gamers in said mode.

Attrition is the only game type that gets a decent amount of players. All the other modes are in the double digits. Some modes have less than 15 players playing.

This does not inspire confidence in purchasing Titanfall.

I think overall for me, BF4 Premium is a better value.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Titanfall become a Games for Gold game eventually

Would dragon age appeal to someone who enjoys RPGs like persona 4 golden, ffx, chrono trigger, mildly enjoyed mass effect, but does NOT like MMOs?

Is the story theme "mature" like game of thrones?

I also don't like fussing with items too much either (P4G i prefer the social sim aspect).

Slixshot

Banned
Would dragon age appeal to someone who enjoys RPGs like persona 4 golden, ffx, chrono trigger, mildly enjoyed mass effect, but does NOT like MMOs?

Is the story theme "mature" like game of thrones?

I also don't like fussing with items too much either (P4G i prefer the social sim aspect).

I do not think you will like this game. I loved p4g, and mass effect.. Never played ff. but the game's full of mmo style fetch quests that just turned me right off.

Doffen

I've had more problems finding games in BF4 than Titanfall.

Here are the current WW numbers for the game types:

Attrition: 3370
Marked For Death Pro*: 126
Frontier Defense: 426
Campaign: 692
Hardpoint: 252
Marked For Death: 82
Capture The Flag: 237
Wingman LTS: 17
Last Titan Standing: 155
Pilot Skirmish: 124
Pilot Hunter: 120
Deadly Ground - Variety Pack: 34
Variety Pack: 125

DLC:
Variety Pack - Expedition: 41
Variety Pack - Frontier's Edge: 34
Variety Pack - IMC Rising: 45

So most game modes had triple digits and non had less than 15 players (all though Wingman was very close).
And this is on a weekday.

BFIB

Thinking about biting on Dragon Age as I have a few bucks left from a gift card, but damn if my back log isn't piling up. Watch Dogs, Tomb Raider. TLoU, Unity, plus some other smaller titles, and plus everything with PS+ and gwg. I don't know if I bought it I'd ever play it.

That's quite a backlog. By the time you finish those, you'll likely see a bigger drop on Dragon Age. Its a great game though, worth sacrificing Watch Dogs to the bottom of the list for.

I definitely recommend Titanfall. A great buy for the price. Player pool may be small the matchmaking is really good. Find games incredibly quick and even if it is a small party initially by the time it starts I have a full game.

EDIT: And all those game modes with a small player list is because they aren't that great anyways. You'll probably want to stick to the main modes just because they are more fun.

TheShocker

Hmmmm. I have $25 just sitting in my MS Account. DA:I for $10 more seems tempting, but I've never played anything in the series. Is the game friendly to newcomers to te series?

Top Bottom