• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

EA set to announce NBA Jam! Exclusive to Wii. Complainers GTFO.

Tiktaalik

Aug 6, 2004
I didn't realize EA had grabbed this IP from when Midway was crashing and burning and selling off all its assets.

Sho_Nuff82

Jan 2, 2007
NBA Street Vol. 2 is still the best arcade basketball game, that's the bar this game has to leap.

Scythesurge

May 24, 2009
NJ
www.twitter.com
Why exactly are people excited? I remember this franchise already having a failed revival. Also the way that NFL Blitz was revived doesn't give me much hope. Of course, if it was like NBA Showtime...then we might be talking. :D

Tesseract

Banned
Dec 7, 2008
holy fuck.

hea's on fire!
don't screw this up.

*edit* ...wii retail?

:(

Jun 11, 2006
[Nintex] said:
NBA Jam seems like an interesting IP to bring back. Here's hoping the game is actually good.
That's always the worry, isn't it? Too many great old IPs pissed upon in the last few years.

yes we can

Banned
Feb 4, 2009
Blablurn said:
you've changed things. forever!

I say I am upset because this is a lame decision by EA. Put it on all consoles. I am sure all of you would want midways old IP's on your console right now. I don't need a graphics update just because I own a PS3/ x360. I just want those games on my HDD.

Chris R

Jul 31, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
Scythesurge said:
Why exactly are people excited? I remember this franchise already having a failed revival. Also the way that NFL Blitz was revived doesn't give me much hope. Of course, if it was like NBA Showtime...then we might be talking. :D
If they get away from making it 5v5 and get back to the 2v2 roots (hell, I'd be fine with 3v3, but beyond that is just wrong) it might do well.

ascii42

Mar 27, 2007
Georgia
Scythesurge said:
The NBA Jam game on PS2 and XBOX could have been better, but I still found it quite enjoyable. If nothing else, it had the original announcer, BOOMSHAKALAKA!

soyboy

Dec 5, 2008
Brooklyn
Skiptastic said:
BOOMSHAKALAKA!

:(
Came in for this, am pleased.

Hopefully you can unlock all of the mascots like you could in the original game. I think this has the potential to be a sleeper hit. I remember staying up for hours playing the SNES iteration.

Time to start working on the NBA JAM! 2010 tournament.

EmCeeGramr

Jun 25, 2005
I see boomshakalaka and from downtown, but no he's heating up or he's on fire

*fake edit* okay you guys got that one

Tesseract

Banned
Dec 7, 2008

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Jun 10, 2004
Scythesurge said:
Why exactly are people excited? I remember this franchise already having a failed revival.
That's because it was Acclaim doing the reviving.