• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA set to announce NBA Jam! Exclusive to Wii. Complainers GTFO.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
don't fuck with the wii @ gaf. T_T

This as a downloadable title on PSN/XBLA with online play would be amazing!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

yes we can said:
Was happy till I read this exclusively for the Wii.
WTF? Is that true? If so, epic fail!

Nice to see a Midway IP salvaged . . . I hope they make a decent product out of whatever they make.

soyboy

Gamer @ Heart said:
There will be a downloadable version for PS360.
notsureifserious.gif

I think this going to the Wii is great and it'll work perfectly for the system's demographic. This is going to be the surprise Wii hit of 2010.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Oneself said:
Exclusive to Wii..... well, no sale for me! Good thing they're bringing NBA JAM back though... (I enjoyed NBA Steet because it was kinda similar to NBA JAM in fact...)

+1

i wanted it on ps360 as well for online, omg online hd nba jam would be so hot

MMaRsu

Banned
Wii exclusive?

FUCK.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

( not that I don't want the Wii to have it, I want it to be multiplat )

DMczaf

28clczo.gif

Penguin

I don't know, and could be wrong, but maybe this is there alternative to Streets on the HD console? I mean we are due for a new one this year, no?

Ploid 3.0

yes we can said:
Was happy till I read this exclusively for the Wii.

Holy crap I don't know what is allowed of me to respond right now. I want to use a gif showing my feelings but I could also be banned for being disappointed. I'm not sure what the current ban status on wii related discussion is but I'm very heart broken right now.

STELLA!!!!!

Regarding how I felt before finding this quote above. I was surprisingly over joyed, I had very fond memories of Arch Rivals (nes basketball game where you can break the glass, throw elbows etc), and NBA Jam. Man the nostalgia hit hard when I saw this thread, and thinking what they could be like in the hands of EA on [Censored console] had me thinking of a comback for the franchise.

Congratz wii.

alr1ght

Penguin said:
I don't know, and could be wrong, but maybe this is there alternative to Streets on the HD console? I mean we are due for a new one this year, no?

they don't make the Street games anymore. they weren't as much fun an Jam anyways.

Mindlog

It'd be a pretty neat downloadable title.

However, I'm wary of EA downloadables after 1943 -_- Hard as hell to get into a game sometimes.

gerg

AceBandage said:
This is not good news.
Knowing how EA operates on the Wii, this is probably going to be horrible.

Really?

I've forgotten the name of EA's tennis game for the Wii, but that was good.

Nicktals

Banned
Did anyone read the post earlier? Where going to squarenix.nbajam.com will bring you to the exact same place.

Also, this thread is going to be a ghost town, if the rules get enforced.

BJK

"Altitude With an Attitude!"

::Tarzan noise::

This game is relevant to my interests, so long as it isn't motion-controlled (and works with the Wavebird / classic controller).

...but will it be the same without "Iuzzolino!"?
(For those not familiar with the old-school cabinet, when you registered your initials with the game, you had to beat the teams in order, starting with the then-dregs of the NBA, the Mavericks. Mike Iuzzolino was the Mavs point guard in the arcade version....to be replaced by Jim Jackson / Jamal Mashburn in the console versions. Anyone who played the arcade version in different places couldn't escape the guy's name....not to mention garbage 3s thanks to rubber-band AI.)

Retail.

Exclusively for Wii.

Jesus fucking H. Christ how damn stupid is that? Sell it for $15 on XBLA/PSN and package the same game in a box for Wii and sell it for $40. It would sell on both platforms. People with HD consoles will buy it for online multi, and 97 percent of the people who own a Wii won't even know a cheaper version exists and they'll be excited, too. The digital platforms were FUCKING MADE for revivals like this. *grumblegrumble*

Cohsae

"Wii sucks it has no good games"
Potentially awesome game is announced for wii
"Wii? This is bullshit!"

Oh man please let this be awesome.

[Nintex]

Well Iwata said this:
"Aside from how we develop a new software, there is the point in asking how we market the software. In terms of our relationship with the third party partners, that aspect is becoming increasingly important. The number of opportunity when I discuss this with [General Manager, Marketing Division] Mr. Hatano internally within our headquarters is increasing lately."

2010 is going to be a riot. :lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
NBA Street is pretty good, so I wonder if this will play more like that or more like the originals. Who knows with EA?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
OldJadedGamer said:
This game screams to be played online.

I'm not saying the Wii's online is particularly good, but EA has other games on Wii with online.

gerg

BrandNew said:
No it doesn't, it's the local MP game of all local MP sports games.

We all know that excluding online gameplay is just an excuse for EA to be lazy with their game development.

duh

Ulairi

Banned
I don't think I can enjoy NBA Jam without having state of the art HD graphics that realistically show the human emotion brought on by NBA Jam. By EA not releasing this on the only TRUE next-generation consoles that feature HD graphics I will be surely disappointed by this news!

alr1ght

schuelma said:
I'm not saying the Wii's online is particularly good, but EA has other games on Wii with online.

I don't think anyone cares if it comes on Wii as well, we want it on all platforms, ones with better online.

schuelma

alr1ghtstart said:
I don't think anyone cares if it comes on Wii as well, we want it on all platforms, ones with better online.

Cool.

Fredescu

This is still at rumour stage, so I find it hard to believe that EA would fund a platform exclusive. Until we get official information, I suspect some mistranslation. The wording of this "ship to retail exclusively for the Wii" even suggests that the other systems may receive downloadable versions. Who knows.

turnbuckle

Don't post a lot in the gaming section but there are rules against stating displeasure that this will be a Wii exclusive? Is it only referring to complaining about Wii exclusives? Would one expect to be banned for being upset if Diablo 3 got announced as a 360 (meaning, not even on PC) exclusive? There are several reasons to be upset by this news that don't involve system wars nonsense.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
ThatCrazyGuy said:
Wonder if this means no new NBA street for even more time.

I want Homecourt 2 bad.

NBA Street is dead. EA canned it 2 years ago.

schuelma

Fredescu said:
This is still at rumour stage, so I find it hard to believe that EA would fund a platform exclusive. Until we get official information, I suspect some mistranslation. The wording of this "ship to retail exclusively for the Wii" even suggests that the other systems may receive downloadable versions. Who knows.

Yeah I realllly doubt this stays exclusive for very long if it is exclusive at all. So people won't have to bitch and moan for too long.

Top Bottom