• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA set to announce NBA Jam! Exclusive to Wii. Complainers GTFO.

Tiktaalik

I didn't realize EA had grabbed this IP from when Midway was crashing and burning and selling off all its assets.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
This is real.

edit: Not saying the Wii part is necessary, just that the game is.

Why exactly are people excited? I remember this franchise already having a failed revival. Also the way that NFL Blitz was revived doesn't give me much hope. Of course, if it was like NBA Showtime...then we might be talking. :D

Blablurn said:
you've changed things. forever!

I say I am upset because this is a lame decision by EA. Put it on all consoles. I am sure all of you would want midways old IP's on your console right now. I don't need a graphics update just because I own a PS3/ x360. I just want those games on my HDD.

Chris R

Scythesurge said:
Why exactly are people excited? I remember this franchise already having a failed revival. Also the way that NFL Blitz was revived doesn't give me much hope. Of course, if it was like NBA Showtime...then we might be talking. :D
If they get away from making it 5v5 and get back to the 2v2 roots (hell, I'd be fine with 3v3, but beyond that is just wrong) it might do well.

Oneself

Exclusive to Wii..... well, no sale for me! Good thing they're bringing NBA JAM back though... (I enjoyed NBA Steet because it was kinda similar to NBA JAM in fact...)

ascii42

Scythesurge said:
The NBA Jam game on PS2 and XBOX could have been better, but I still found it quite enjoyable. If nothing else, it had the original announcer, BOOMSHAKALAKA!

soyboy

Skiptastic said:
BOOMSHAKALAKA!

:(
Came in for this, am pleased.

Hopefully you can unlock all of the mascots like you could in the original game. I think this has the potential to be a sleeper hit. I remember staying up for hours playing the SNES iteration.

Time to start working on the NBA JAM! 2010 tournament.

Tesseract

Banned
9gzguo.jpg

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
Scythesurge said:
Why exactly are people excited? I remember this franchise already having a failed revival.
That's because it was Acclaim doing the reviving.

Top Bottom