• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports Active has its own retail store(s)?

How did I miss this? In downtown SF, a few blocks from the Apple Store.

4110698983_9c5aa8294f_b.jpg

Mega Mike

Banned
Thats one way to promote your video game...:lol

I have a feeling EA wants to make this in to a yearly franchise. With Natal and Wand on the way... I envision great things. With great power comes...

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
:lol This is where Dead Space Extractions dev money is going.

HUELEN10

Since it's on topic, what are games/game franchises that you wish would have/have had a store? These come immediately to mind...

Cooking Mama
Wario Ware Inc.
Nintendo, please do this. You have no idea, no fucking idea...
Super Mario Bros (Offer wedding ceremonies in Peach's castle. Worked for Star Trek: The Experience!)
Yoshi's Cookie
Grim Fandango
Dance Dance Revolution
Metal Gear Solid
Viva Pinata

_bluemoon

Saw this when I was in Hong Kong earlier in the year. It's up in the shopping area at Victoria's Peak.

ea3.JPG

Crazy that they'd setup a whole store for one game though.

Zzoram

Gary Whitta said:
Fuck retail stores, I want an entire Mario World theme park.

Nintendo World would be the only theme park that can realistically stand up to Disney World and possibly come out on top.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
i like how the first thing you see when you walk in the door is a scooter - way to promote an active lifestyle, EA :p

Mind blown.

Well . . . apparently this are temporary things . . . probably to push the product during the xmas season.

EA SPORTS Active Pop-up Training Centers Popping-Up in San Francisco and Boston
Posted on Nov 3, 2009
The EA SPORTS Active Pop-up Training Centers will be in San Francisco and Boston from November 15 – December 14, 2009. Visitors to the EA SPORTS Active Pop-up Training Centers will enjoy a personalized introduction to EA SPORTS Active from our EA SPORTS Active Trainers at one of our state-of-the-art demo stations, who will show them how to create a custom workout specific to their fitness level and goals, as well as how to use the in-game journal to track healthy nutrition and fitness habits.

Consumers who already own a Wii system and want to explore the Active products further in the privacy of their homes can borrow either EA SPORTS Active Personal Trainer or More Workouts from the lending library.

• San Francisco Location: 39 Stockton Street, San Francisco, CA 94108

• Boston Location: 156 Newbury Street, Boston, MA 02116

Locations open:
12:00 pm to 7:00 pm Monday to Friday
10:00 am to 6:00 pm Saturday - Sunday

http://www.easportsactive.com/news....op-up Training Centers.xml&authorId=EA SPORTS

We saw this the other night! Apparently this means EA is going to sell a shitload of these things over the holiday, if they're putting this much effort into it.

It's a good exercise game! Really.

OMG, this is amazing.

I must go to the Boston location

And wtf

"Consumers who already own a Wii system and want to explore the Active products further in the privacy of their homes can borrow either EA SPORTS Active Personal Trainer or More Workouts from the lending library"

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I'm willing to bet this is going to be run like a guerrilla boutique. Either that or be in a constant transition marketing the newest EA games.

Michan

HUELEN10 said:
Since it's on topic, what are games/game franchises that you wish would have/have had a store? These come immediately to mind...

Dance Dance Revolution
Already has. Pretty much every arcade in North America may as well be called "The Official DDR Store."

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Mega Mike said:
Thats one way to promote your video game...:lol

I have a feeling EA wants to make this in to a yearly franchise. With Natal and Wand on the way... I envision great things. With great power comes...

More like a biannual franchise. EA just released "EA Sports Active: More Workouts" I believe, which is like their answer to "Wii Fit Plus."

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Yeah these "Pop-Up Retail" locations are becoming pretty big in the major cities for all sorts of brands. It makes sense really. Create big hype for a day, week, or month then abandon the location without the heavy cost of retail upkeep. Good way to test the waters too.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Kobun Heat said:
We saw this the other night! Apparently this means EA is going to sell a shitload of these things over the holiday, if they're putting this much effort into it.

It's a good exercise game! Really.

as someone who's exercised regularly for years, it's the only exercise game that i've found to be analogous to a real trip to the gym. can't praise it enough.

Top Bottom