• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports UFC |OT| Bigger than FIFA

N° 2048

Patch is game changing. You can move in faster with flurries. I really really like it. It's a nice change from the "wait to parry" formula.

dreamfall

I really love the patch- Tim Kennedy is a beast! Movement feels faster, strikes crisper- all around a fantastic update. EA's been good about this.

And in my fight against Silva, I present you Jesus Diaz.

iuUYqdq0R5J4e.jpg

I like the patch overall. Good combos are rewarded more, sometimes it gets a little too rock em sock em robots for my liking, but at least it's not a parrying frenzy anymore. It also seems they made it harder to parry. Takedowns are definitely easier to get, which is a good thing. It was too easy to stop them. Plus they added Gunnar Nelson and Tim Kennedy. Not the first fighters I would have picked, but it's great they're adding in all of these fighters for free.

I really love the patch- Tim Kennedy is a beast! Movement feels faster, strikes crisper- all around a fantastic update. EA's been good about this.

And in my fight against Silva, I present you Jesus Diaz.

iuUYqdq0R5J4e.jpg

Oh man, I have a video of this exact same bug except with Rogerio Nogueira doing Jesus and we're stuck at the same time in this weird dirty clinch. I'll have to upload it to youtube.

krpiper

Is this game now worth it if I play primarily offline for around $30-40? I would be on ps4

Also just a minor thing do fights ever go to the scorecard? I remember they rarely did in the THQ or even EA MMA

ron_bato

Is this game now worth it if I play primarily offline for around $30-40? I would be on ps4

Also just a minor thing do fights ever go to the scorecard? I remember they rarely did in the THQ or even EA MMA

I'd say it is. You're getting a finely tuned version of the game. It's not perfect, but it's pretty solid MMA game.

Yup, fights go to the decision (even 5 rounders). I'd say about I finish 2 out of 5 fights. But that's mostly because I try to play a simulation heavy style. If you go balls to the wall and just spam hooks, you might have a higher finish rate though.

New patch is supposed to drop today sometime. I haven't looked online to see what they're changing but they are adding three new fighters. Michael Chiesa, Diego Sanchez, and Hector Lombard.

Hey guys, I'm contemplating picking this up. I just had a question. Does the game have a mode akin to Fight Night's career mode?

Can you create a fighter and work your way up?

EDIT: Nevermind, I learnt to read the OT. Thanks. I've been watching that new show "Kingdom", and I have a thirst for a UFC / boxing game.

Hey guys, I'm contemplating picking this up. I just had a question. Does the game have a mode akin to Fight Night's career mode?

Can you create a fighter and work your way up?

EDIT: Nevermind, I learnt to read the OT. Thanks. I've been watching that new show "Kingdom", and I have a thirst for a UFC / boxing game.

The career mode is pretty lacking and boring though. They dropped the ball on it imo. The training games are so dull. I got bored with it after about 10 fights in. Game is lots of fun though.

Got to try out Hector Lombard today. He has NO reach. Which makes sense I suppose, being that he's short. To make up for it, they gave him huge KO power. I was playing against a guy that was Gunnar Nelson and he was lighting me up with all kinds of kicks from the outside. Ended up catching him with a big hook that stunned him and a few follow up punches later, he was out cold.

dreamfall

I'd say it is. You're getting a finely tuned version of the game. It's not perfect, but it's pretty solid MMA game.

Yup, fights go to the decision (even 5 rounders). I'd say about I finish 2 out of 5 fights. But that's mostly because I try to play a simulation heavy style. If you go balls to the wall and just spam hooks, you might have a higher finish rate though.

We gotta play again! I play so on and off, I'm kind of dying for a good rivalry! I've just been playing unranked fights, and it's still a ton of fun.

Striking feels so much crisper, and the team has been updating it so well.

ron_bato

We gotta play again! I play so on and off, I'm kind of dying for a good rivalry! I've just been playing unranked fights, and it's still a ton of fun.

Striking feels so much crisper, and the team has been updating it so well.

Sure man! I started playing again last night after playing nba 2k15 the past few weeks. If i see you online (or if you see me online) just throw me an invite!

Striking feels much more fluid now i agree. The team did a lot of good work.

Can both of yall send me a friend request so we can play? PSN name is: jukeboxtimebomb Or just give me your PSN id's and I can send yall one. Not trying to sound desperate haha, just want some more people to play with.

The only problem with the game is there are a good number of people that do nothing but spam strikes at you. I don't like playing the smaller weights because the increase you can get in speed for doing combos makes it look like an arcade fighter. Some guy was Frankie Edgar and just spammed strikes non stop to the head and body. I couldn't really do anything. My stamina would be almost drained, just from blocking, and he would still have around half his stamina. I had a guy do the same thing last night. He was Carlos Condit. He ended up taking a decision from me. He threw close to 400 strikes.

ron_bato

Can both of yall send me a friend request so we can play? PSN name is: jukeboxtimebomb Or just give me your PSN id's and I can send yall one. Not trying to sound desperate haha, just want some more people to play with.

The only problem with the game is there are a good number of people that do nothing but spam strikes at you. I don't like playing the smaller weights because the increase you can get in speed for doing combos makes it look like an arcade fighter. Some guy was Frankie Edgar and just spammed strikes non stop to the head and body. I couldn't really do anything. My stamina would be almost drained, just from blocking, and he would still have around half his stamina. I had a guy do the same thing last night. He was Carlos Condit. He ended up taking a decision from me. He threw close to 400 strikes.

I'll send you an invite. But if you get online before i do, my PSN ID is ron_bato -- same as my GAF username.

Ah yes, strike spammers. I confess that I have not been playing much online since I really dislike playing against spammers and I try to play as tactical as possible (which works sometimes, but against good spammers not so much lol).

PartyChan

Thanks a bunch :)

Sorry man, just read this on the EA forums.

"I know there is already a thread related (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10229469.page) but I think most will overlook a developer's post expecting a Rumble announcement tomorrow or tuesday. In the thread, developer states no updates to gameplay this time around and why..... but also that this patch was locked in before the last one went live (before Rumble was cleared). "

tl;dr: No Rumble this update. Patch was locked in and submitted before Rumble was cleared of his charges.

Yoel Romero was just announced today, however... https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/534473452900474880

dreamfall

Shit I didn't see this until now! SENT! I've been so bad about actually accepting them so hit me up with a GAF title. I'm rusty as hell but let's start a rivalry!

New patch went out! Jury, Romero and Arlovski all are in!

Here

1.08GB update for me, will try to pull away from GTA to mess around with it!

Shit I didn't see this until now! SENT! I've been so bad about actually accepting them so hit me up with a GAF title. I'm rusty as hell but let's start a rivalry!

New patch went out! Jury, Romero and Arlovski all are in!

Here

1.08GB update for me, will try to pull away from GTA to mess around with it!

I got your friend request..we'll definitely play soon. Nice update..glad they added Arlovski. Now that Rumble's suspension is up, I hope he's added in the next update.

It was crazy. I did Yoel Romero(me) against Tim Kennedy. I flash dropped him in the first but couldn't rock him or finish him after. I was constantly hitting him with combos. At one point I nailed him with a five punch combo and he still wouldn't go down. Ended up going to a decision. I did Arlovski and Bigfoot, five rounds, and finally took Bigfoot out in round 4. Most of the heavy weight fights I play dont go past the 2nd round. Going to take it online later and see how it is.

VoxPop

Yeah they definitely made it harder to get the knockout. Went the distance 3 times in a row with all the new fighters.

kamandi

I loved the demo when it first came out, now i jumped on the train with the recent discount. Looking forward to playing it.

Loomba

I loved the demo when it first came out, now i jumped on the train with the recent discount. Looking forward to playing it.

It's a really solid game now with all the patches and new fighters they have added. I'm just hoping that it sold enough so we can get a sequel.

Yaari

It's a really solid game now with all the patches and new fighters they have added. I'm just hoping that it sold enough so we can get a sequel.

It will. They already started working on it (I frequent the forums, the developers confirmed the sequel). I do hope the sales for that will pick up though because the future of the franchise is still very questionable, I definitely don't think the sales lived up to the expectations.

It's on sale now for $13.99 on the PSN store. That's a great price if you're still on the fence. This game isn't perfect by any means, but it's great to see the developers adding new fighters and trying to fix and improve things with patches. When/If the game gets a sequel, I hope they expand on the ground game. It's easily the weakest thing about the game. I would also like a simulation stamina like Undisputed 3 had. I always played with that stamina online. It made it more of a chess match as opposed to rock em sock em robots.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
DLC is out today. Might do some simulation videos. Cant wait to try Brock.

I wonder who will be in Legends pack 2. Would love Shamrocks and Couture.

Loomba

Brock is terrible, no high kicks, no stamina... I like Rampage though, he doesn't have much stamina either but knocking people out with him is so satisfying.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
It's fun putting a beat down on Brock with Cain :p

Brock is terrible, no high kicks, no stamina... I like Rampage though, he doesn't have much stamina either but knocking people out with him is so satisfying.

Yea he's pretty damn terrible. I had a fight against Frank Mir and I couldn't KO him for 4 rounds then Mir tapped me out first go in seconds.

His little legs also look well out of proportion lol.

For those of you that didn't get Bruce Lee in EA Sports UFC via pre-order or purchased him individually or in a bundle in the UFC Store, you're in luck.

Bruce Lee will be available to download for free to play in EA Sports UFC from December 22, 2014 through January 5, 2015 on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. All variations of Bruce Lee will be available.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
So I tried to play this, the tutorial and just couldnt get through it. Do I really need to use all the buttons? Is there an arcade mode?

The thread is about dead, huh?

I'm pretty proficient at this game. I'm 5-0 online. None of my friends can beat me. My bro in law is pretty good though. He'll give me a run for my money. Some of the people online were tough but I adjusted my fighting strategy and pushed through for the win.

My PSN name is BlackGoku03 if anyone wants to play for a good challenge.

So I tried to play this, the tutorial and just couldnt get through it. Do I really need to use all the buttons? Is there an arcade mode?

It's a lot to learn, but the pay off is pretty big when you have someone good to play with. I hate to admit it, but I love when a game goes 3 or 5 rounds. It ends up being a good fight because nobody could get knocked out.

It's great they're still adding fighters to this game. They're also tweaking the gameplay. A lot of it is stamina based from what I read.

VoxPop

Sweet update. Just a couple more to go.

Josh Barnett
Mirko CroCop
Dong Hyun Kim
Bobby Green
Dennis Bermudez
Max Holloway
Raphael Assuncao (is he already in it?)
Zach Makovsky
Kyoji Horiguchi
John Lineker