• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA Sports WRC 2023 is ready to launch

^ The three country icons are Spain, Estonia and Sardinia.

Additional info from https://proteusgaming.net/news/wrc-2023-from-ea-codemasters-is-ready-to-launch/:
According to a recent tweet from @billbil_kun on Twitter, Codemaster’s WRC 23 title is “ready to launch”. The leaker has also shared icons for the game’s 26 achievements, which are expected to come with the game’s release. In September 2022, it was reported that WRC 23 would allow players to build their own rally car, and footage of the early version of the game was provided to Insider Gaming. The game reportedly will feature 16 different car classes, including WRC, WRC2, F2 Kitcar, and H1 FWD.

WRC 23’s development was expedited due to its foundation being built on a previously canceled DiRT title, as insiders have speculated that this decision was a cost-saving measure. Additionally, a new licensing agreement between EA and WRC was signed in 2020, which extends until 2027 and grants the studio the authority to publish new game titles and organize esports events.

The game is expected to launch on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.

It was also reported that an announcement for the game’s release is expected “very soon,” according to billbil-kun. This would mark the first game in the WRC series under the Codemasters license, which was acquired back in 2020. While the exact date of the announcement and release is unknown, the leaker’s wording suggests that both events will occur in the relatively near future. Stay tuned for further updates!

Can't wait for this. It's kinda DiRT Rally 3.

With PSVR2-support it'd be a dream come true.

Last edited:
I'm very curious what they'll do with the license. Kylotonn's WRC game have been slowly improving, but I still had some issues with them and I didn't enjoy them that much.
Yes, they became quite solid in the end but the gameplay was no match for Dirt Rally. And the graphics are pretty dated.

Last edited:

drotahorror

Was wondering when we’d hear something. Not even surprised it’s done, DR2.0 has been out for years now.

It’s a day 1 for me, wish it was current gen only though.

Codemasters really need to hit it out of the park since it’s their first time with the wrc license.

Skifi28

The question is whether they will retain the simulation aspect from the previous game or will go for a more arcade aproach for wider appeal.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
I was somewhat sad that Kylotonn lost the license cuz they were steadily improving the games and they were on track to be legit contenders for the Dirt Rally series.

But seeing as EA got the License WRC 2023 is likely going to be our Dirt Rally 3.0 replacement.

I guess EA going full send into making survival horror games.........cuz say what you will but Dirt Rally 2.0 Sweden Night + Snow (cockpit) is absolutely a Survival Horror game.

P.S ^ This isnt even with Heavy Snow.

Enjoyed WRC Generations as a swansong so I'm interested in seeing how Codemasters do going forward.

WRC 3 & 4 by Evolution Studios are still the peak for the license to me, maybe now they have the licence Codemaster will put them to rest like they couldn't on PS2 :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Klik

Hope its still planned for 2023. I just got Moza R9 direct drive + VR and would love new rally😃

Top Bottom