EA: Star Wars: Battlefront releasing Holiday 2015, Battlefield 5 in Holiday 2016

Just mentioned on the EA fiscal call.

As a note, DICE has over 500 employees with separate teams for Battlefront, Battlefield, and Mirror's Edge.

This announcement suggests EA is going with a three year rotation between Battlefield, Battlefield Hardline, and Battlefront.

Where does Mirror's Edge fit in that? I'm hoping Battlefront works out, and that the teams involved will be given the time they need for each of these projects.

I should replay the Battlefronts again, need to find a copy of the first one though.

How big is DICE? How will they keep up with this schedule? Sheesh...
Considering Visceral is doing Hardline, probably the same way CoD keeps up the schedule; dragging in other internal development studios to work on the annual money machine instead of their own projects. I'm sure they can candle 2 games though

EA wants that cash..so development time is less then 2 years? I for one will be looking from a far because this is to soon to release it even.
For which title?

Battlefield 5 has a three year cycle (DICE isn't making Hardline), and Battlefront is a bit over 2.5 years from when they started to release.

Well, at least their priorities are largely correct. Partially because we've all wanted a good new Battlefront game for years, but mostly because they'll make a LOT of money from it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Makes total sense and was exactly what I was expecting. Let's just hope Battlefront is polished and not rushed out the door to capitalize on the movie money.

Just mentioned on the EA fiscal call.

As a note, DICE has over 500 employees with separate teams for Battlefront, Battlefield, and Mirror's Edge.

This announcement suggests EA is going with a three year rotation between Battlefield, Battlefield Hardline, and Battlefront.
I don't think BF Hardline is going to take of as a big franchise.

JayEH

I remember when BF3 was announced and everyone was really excited for a new numbered entry in the series since it had been so long since BF2. Now they are just slapping a number every 2 years :( Kind of takes the excitement of a new BF title.

Edit: Nvm it's every 3 years. Well anyway, BF is essentially annualized now considering Battlefront will just be BF: Star Wars edition.

battlefront will just be battlefield with a star wars skin. you watch. bet it doesn't have space battles(simultaneously with the battle on the ground) either, something that the PSP battlefront had.

For which title?

Battlefield 5 has a three year cycle (DICE isn't making Hardline), and Battlefront is a bit over 2.5 years from when they started to release.
I am talking about battlefront. I for one will be looking from a far because after BF4 even it took nearly 12 months to fix it i am more cautious about it and will be voting with my wallet instead.

How very..expected? Yeah, expected.

I wonder if Battlefield 5 is going to look the same as the past few games in the series(3, 4, and Hardline) or if they actually plan on shaking things up.