• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA: Titanfall 2 below expectations, lots of new content coming, long term franchise

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Titanfall 2 delivered the next important step in this new franchise we are building with our partners at Respawn – a highly-rated, action-packed experience that has thrilled players in the year’s biggest category. Player satisfaction scores for Titanfall 2 are among the highest in our portfolio, showing just how much fun players are having with this game. Titanfall 2 will be played for a long time to come, with new maps, modes and content updates continuing to expand the experience and engage our players. We’re excited about our long-term plans for the Titanfall franchise.

We are deeply committed to players in our Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 communities. Throughout the year ahead, we will continue to launch new content and new experiences to expand these vast and dynamic games.

Net sales for the quarter were $2.07 billion, a new record for the company. The outperformance versus our expectations was driven by Battlefield 1 and FIFA 17, offset by Titanfall 2. Battlefield 1 is on course to be our best Battlefield ever. Sell through of FIFA 17 during Q2 and Q3 was 8% higher than that of FIFA 16 in the same period last year, and FIFA Ultimate Team sales continued to grow strongly. Like Battlefield 1, FIFA 17 is on course to be our best-selling FIFA of all time.
Source: http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...10-0B60A113C948/Q3_FY17_Prepared_Comments.pdf

deoee

Greatest shooter and goty of last year.

Was released in a bad spot but hopefully people will keep buying it :)

New free gamemode and maps coming in February and March !

Whatever the fuck that means...
i-understood-that-reference.gif

I'm willing to put Titanfall 2 in my top 10 best FPS campaigns ever. It really is a shame it didn't meet expectations but that's not surprising considering when they released it

That game's singleplayer is almost as good as Half-Life 2, the
time travel
gimmick is really fun. Multiplayer is great fun too, deserved more sales than that.

Menitta

Good to know they're going to continue the franchise. This means we'll at least get Titanfall 3.

And I can buy another Titanfall artbook.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Really hope they don't kill this franchise..

TF2 was the best shooter of 2016 in a year that was amazing for shooters.

NMFried

Here's to hoping they alternate years with Battlefield to prop up Titanfall against Call Of Duty. God knows it could hold its own with enough push, good word of mouth and some space to move around.

TF2's single player campaign was ludicrously good (and I went into it with extremely high expectations thanks to GAF), so it better be a long term franchise, EA. What the hell was that release date.

NinjaBoiX

I played the first level and found it to be pretty pedestrian "shoot the dudes in the rocky place" guff, put it down weeks ago and never really felt the desire to go back.

As long as Respawn can still make games I'm happy. They shouldn't be at fault for how TF2 performed when EA done goofed and released it same time as BF1 and Infinite Warfare.

Lime

I wouldn't mind if they improve the narrative for the next one. The campaign was great but its storytelling and dialogue dragged the experience down for me.

Guess Who

Banned
At least they sound like they're committed to the series, and seem to recognize that Titanfall 2's poor sales aren't because people thought it sucked. They'll almost certainly be smarter about how they market and release the next game.

Titanfall 2 is really fun, but I can't help but feel like it ended up like the first one, it just got there in a very different way. I'm still waiting for Titanfall to break out of it's shell...maybe the third one will be something special (I'm striclty speaking in terms of multiplayer, campaign was exactly what it needed to be).

To be more frank, I don't think EA's shitty release window is the only reason sales fell under expectations, although it is a contributor no doubt.

HariKari

I played the first level and found it to be pretty pedestrian "shoot the dudes in the rocky place" guff, put it down weeks ago and never really felt the desire to go back.

I like to quit games at the menu sometimes. Won't even give them five minutes.

/s

Top Bottom