• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA: Titanfall 2 below expectations, lots of new content coming, long term franchise

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
TF2's single player campaign was ludicrously good (and I went into it with extremely high expectations thanks to GAF), so it better be a long term franchise, EA. What the hell was that release date.
I got bored like 1/3 of the way through, haven't gone back. Considering deleting if from the HDD for space.

Will never understand GAF's hype on this one.

robotrock

Banned
I got bored like 1/3 of the way through, haven't gone back. Considering deleting if from the HDD for space.

The first third s the worst part, check out the rest of the game.
Yes, that I know. Can't wait.

About the independent thing; do they own the Titanfall IP? It belongs to EA right?

They own the Titanfall IP. EA owns the first two games.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Hopefully they realize the error of their release timing and allow the franchise a proper slot. I could see it doing quite well in May.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yes, that I know. Can't wait.

About the independent thing; do they own the Titanfall IP? It belongs to EA right?
Respawn owns the Titanfall IP, but as per Vince Zampella's "that's up to EA" statement, EA is the only one who is realistically going to publish it.

That said, EA has said the franchise is continuing.

The big independent studios are more so """independent""" these days.

RefigeKru

Banned
Titanfall 2 is dat gud.

Satisfying FPS campaign, which itself is rare enough these days and stellar MP. Hope they get the credit they deserve :)

Well EA, you did screw up marketing in a big way. This is on you.
Yep.

Maybe they can try relaunching it, coinciding with a new content drop (say, co-op? (Am I biased? (yes))).

That's more marketing expenditures but seems like it'd be worth it for a long term investment, and to help undo some of the damage of its shit release date.

I liked it, wish it did better. Oh well, got all my friends to buy it. Then let them know about bf1 on sale. They all bought bf1, now they all play bf1 instead. I dont play with them anymore. I cant stand death simulator 1916. Maybe its the fact I just suck or the fact you arent designed to survive like more than a minute each time but I can not stand it.

Kssio_Aug

Your right it did. Too bad a huge amount of people were not aware of that. Not only did they put it a week from battlefield but their marketing could have been better.

To be honest you're the first one I hear that didn't know it was on PS4 as well. lol

However, releasing it between CoD and BF1 was too damn stupid indeed... Don't know why they're surprised, I actually thought they knew it would be like that but just didn't care.

Respawn owns the Titanfall IP, but as per Vince Zampella's "that's up to EA" statement, EA is the only one who is realistically going to publish it.

That said, EA has said the franchise is continuing.
Interesting dynamic..

Well, as long as Respawn is making the games it wants to make, we'll be reaping the benefits.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I played the first level and found it to be pretty pedestrian "shoot the dudes in the rocky place" guff, put it down weeks ago and never really felt the desire to go back.
I actually feel bad for you considering how much better it gets as it goes on.

At least they sound like they're committed to the series, and seem to recognize that Titanfall 2's poor sales aren't because people thought it sucked. They'll almost certainly be smarter about how they market and release the next game.

This.

A game that critically well received, albeit 'below expectations' in sales, is a potential hit that EA can nurture (with Respawn of course).

Expect any sequel to be released out the way of Battlefront/Battlefield.

Zareka

Still salty they send it out to die with that release date. It's my favourite MP FPS in so, so long. I love it.

deoee

is the PC player base high?...or is everyone playing on console?

Pc base was at like 3k for weeks now during the week and goes as "high" as 7k on weekends.

Consoles have ~15k-20k last time I checked.

Despite the lower number matchmaking is instant and you can find players for most modes (there'll be an update soon to help with the issue of underpopulated modes like CTF)

HonMirin

Loved this game, was one of the first games in a long time where I played through start to finish. Would happily play a sequel.

Shame. I bought both BF1 and TF2, and I've barely touched BF1. TF2 is that good.

Same. I love the game so much I bought a Funko pop titan and I never buy any game related things like that. I burned out on BF1 fast and I have little interest in going back

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
with them saying that it undersold yet has incredibly high good will and impressions EA really could continue on wih a 3rd game, they had to have known about the release schedule ans wasent so quick to write it off because of it

TitusTroy

Pc base was at like 3k for weeks now during the week and goes as "high" as 7k on weekends.

Consoles have ~15k-20k last time I checked.

Despite the lower number matchmaking is instant and you can find players for most modes (there'll be an update soon to help with the issue of underpopulated modes like CTF)

I'm glad it's doing well on PC this many weeks after release

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

The only level worthwhile is the one everyone raves about (Effect and Cause). The rest of it isn't worth it.

LosDaddie

Banned
Is TF2 still active on PS4? I was thinking about having my EA bud get me either TF2 or BF1 to game on for a few months.

I enjoyed TF2 last year when i played it, but i just want an active player base to play with/against.

I have not been so obsessed with a shooter's multiplayer since Halo 2. Titanfall 2 is sublime and I look forward to Respawn taking another crack at it because GADDANG.

i-understood-that-reference.gif

I was gonna post this when I saw his post but you beat me to it.

mollipen

Is TF2 still active on PS4? I was thinking about having my EA bud get me either TF2 or BF1 to game on for a few months.

Titanfall 2 MP is one of my biggest go-to games currently, and I have no trouble finding players at all hours of the day in the mode that I play (Bounty Hunt). The population numbers don't ever seem to be incredibly high, but the game is far from dead.

Jawmuncher

Just let me get some MP in TF3 that appeals to me more than TF2.
I want that approach of "campaign" they had to carry across all the MP like it did in TF1.
I want the display huds, the feel of being an actual badass soldier of regular infantry, and all that jazz.
That and fast titan drops & better titans in general. But if they can nail the first aspect. I can cut them some slack on the rest.

I enjoyed TF2 last year when i played it, but i just want an active player base to play with/against.

Very active and easy to find a game.

Amazing MP, haven`t had this much fun maybe ever.

sun-drop

it's virtually dead in this part of the world .. trying to find a match on PS4 is next to impossible at times of the day ..and i'm talking morning or primetime, not 2am local

major problem is that you are locked to local servers .. i'll take a bit of lag over nothing anyday ..they should really open that aspect of the game up in matchmaking

it's virtually dead in this part of the world .. trying to find a match on PS4 is next to impossible at times of the day ..and i'm talking morning or primetime, not 2am local

major problem is that you are locked to local servers .. i'll take a bit of lag over nothing anyday ..they should really open that aspect of the game up in matchmaking

No you are not. You can select any data center.

Top Bottom