• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA UFC 3 Beta is LIVE now

Run Time: November 27th to December 1st

File size: 7.13 GB

FIGHTERS INCLUDED:
Conor McGregor
Tony Ferguson
Nate Diaz
Khabib Nurmagomedov
Eddie Alvarez
Edson Barboza
Anthony Pettis
Michael Chiesa
Kevin Lee
Dustin Poirier
Paul Felder
Al Iaquinta
Beneil Dariush
Evan Dunham
Marc Diakiese

Check your e-mails! If you signed up for the beta you should receive a code along with an extra code to share with a friend

Ribi

Game still looks rough in the animations and when people get hit it just doesn't feel like you hit them at all. In fact at times it looks like you don't evn touch the other person

The striking is completely different from UFC 2. The control scheme for striking is kind of complicated. It's going to take some time to get everything down. It's early and opinions can change, but I do like what's there though. The ground and clinch are largely the same.

I think that this has to be one of the hardest sports to represent realistically in a game. The pure unpredictability and sheer number of possible transitions and situations that dynamically flow throughout some fights (like the Pettis/Poirier right recently had some great whacky transitions) must make I really hard to get everything from MMA “in the game.”

SonicSleuth

Are these games any good? I've tried to enjoy the last couple through EA Access and just ended up frustrated with the control scheme and bored overall.

Granted, I am not a UFC fan, so there's no "I get to play as my hero!" stuff going on, it's just "is this game fun?"

I seem to recall Conor MacGregor was the garbage fighter in the first one, though, right? He was like, totally crap that you would annihilate for a cheap win. I think.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Are these games any good? I've tried to enjoy the last couple through EA Access and just ended up frustrated with the control scheme and bored overall.

Granted, I am not a UFC fan, so there's no "I get to play as my hero!" stuff going on, it's just "is this game fun?"

I seem to recall Conor MacGregor was the garbage fighter in the first one, though, right? He was like, totally crap that you would annihilate for a cheap win. I think.
I don't remember him being in the first, but he was one of the best in the second.

I am a huge MMA fan, so I dunno if that makes me biased toward the game or not, just pointing that out first.

I loved the first game. Took many created fighters through career mode.

I barely played UFC 2, returned it after a couple weeks.

This beta seems like a step in the right direction so far.

After spending more time with it, the striking is great. It's starting to click with me. Huge improvement over UFC 2. The striking in this beta is a completely different game than UFC 2. You can't do any of the cheap combos that you could. Parries are gone, which is great. i still play UFC 2 a ton and it's going to be hard to go back to it when this beta ends.

I find it the UFC games extremely fun, flaws and all. I am a huge MMA fan though. If the control scheme is frustrating for you on the old games, it will be worse on this one. The striking controls have been completely redone and they are a bit complicated and it took me some time to get everything down.

The beta was supposed to end yesterday but they have extended it to Monday and it is now open for everyone. you can download it in the Playstation Store.

Top Bottom