• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early look at issue 244 of Nintendo Power, straight from the website!

Each of the links below lead to a legal scan from the horse's mouth of the first two pages of their respective articles:

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story We walk you through the beginning of the bros. brilliant new adventure for Nintendo DS.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle Catch our exclusive in-depth look at the much-improved sequel to the Wii console's craziest action game.

Trauma Team The fan-favorite Trauma Center series is reborn and looks better than ever on Wii.

Wii Sports Resort What we learned after a week with all 24 events in the summer's biggest game.

Fragile The case for games as art has never been stronger than with this moody, melancholy Wii adventure.

Best of Show We've got new details and impressions of the biggest games coming out of E3, including a brand-new interview with Shigeru Miyamoto.

A Star is (Re)born We chat with the producer of The Legendary Starfy about the creation of Nintendo's newest hero, the series' delay in coming to North America, and more.

Full Contents Browse every game and article that appears in this month's issue.

Game Index (Name|Platform|Page #):

Active Life: Extreme Challenge (Wii) 33
Adventure Island: The Beginning (WW) 20
American Popstar: Road to Celebrity (DW) 21
Art Style: PiCTOBiTS (DW) 21
Bakugan Battle Brawlers (Wii, DS) 25
The Bigs 2 (Wii) 90
Bit.Trip Core (WW) 17
Boulder Dash (VC) 20
A Boy and his Blob (Wii) 44
Bubble Bobble Plus! (WW) 20
C.O.P. The Recruit (DS) 30
Clay Fighter (VC) 21
Contra ReBirth (WW) 19
Crystal Defenders R2 (WW) 20
Dawn of Discovery (DS) 91
Dead Space Extraction (Wii) 41
Dementium II (DS) 43
DJ Hero (Wii) 12
Family Fun Football (Wii) 13
Family Pirate Party (WW) 20
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers (Wii) 39
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years (WW) 20
Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (Wii) 76
Furry Legends (WW) 18
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (Wii) 32
Galaxy Force II (VC) 21
Gladiator A.D. (Wii) 42
Golden Sun DS (DS) 37
The Grinder (Wii) 42
Guitar Hero On Tour: Modern Hits (DS) 91
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Wii) 89
Hero’s Saga: Laevatien Tactics (DS) 14
JU-ON: The Grudge (Wii) 13
Kid Dracula (GB) 84
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (DS) 45
The Legend of Zelda (Wii) 45
The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask (VC) 21
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (DS) 40
The Legendary Starfy (DS) 72
Little King’s Story (Wii) 88
The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn’s Quest (Wii) 14
Mario & Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story (DS) 48
Mega Man Star Force 3: Red Joker/Black Ace (DS) 90
Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii) 22
Metroid: Other M (Wii) 39
Mighty Flip Champs! (DW) 21
Monado: Beginning of the World (Wii) 45
Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Wii) 40
Naruto Shippuden: Clash of Ninja Revolution 3 (Wii) 12
Naruto Shippuden: Ninja Destiny 2 (DS) 12
New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii) 37
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle (Wii) 56
Nostalgia (DS) 24
Overlord Minions (DS) 90
Overlord: Dark Legend (Wii) 91
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box (DS) 41
Ragnarok Online DS (DS) 12
Real Soccer 2009 (DW) 21
Red Steel 2 (Wii) 38
Reflections (DW) 17
Scribblenauts (DS) 40
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (DS) 90
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (Wii) 43
Silver Star Chess (WW) 20
Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii) 41
Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing (Wii, DS) 11
Space Invaders Extreme 2 (DS) 33
Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron (DS) 11
Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes (Wii, DS) 28
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) 44
Tales of Monkey Island (WW) 16
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (Wii) 38
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up (Wii) 26
Texas Hold’em Tournament (WW) 20
Tony Hawk: Ride (Wii) 11
Trauma Team (Wii) 62
Virtua Tennis 2009 (Wii) 89
Wii Fit Plus (Wii) 38
Wii Sports Resort (Wii) 66
A Witch’s Tale (DS) 29
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 (Wii, DS)

Game Index Legend:

DS = Nintendo DS
DW = DSiWare
GB = Game Boy
VC = Virtual Console
Wii = Wii
WW = WiiWare

When someone has the actual issue, feel free to post review scores and whatever else, this will just be to discuss what we have here now!

RJT

Really interested in Trauma Team. Do we know which six specialties are there? The article talks about diagnostic and emergency. Surgery is obvious. There's 3 left.

zoku88

I still want to know how that capital I thing (i forget what those things are called) got into that organ.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I know the gameplay is shit, but Fragile just sounds so damn awesome. That synopsis is everything I want and more from the game.

NMH2 is looking good, as is Trauma Center Hospital.

Rpgmonkey

"I'll make a bridge or something!
BECAUSE I GET THINGS DONE."

I don't know why I found that so funny. :lol

So buying M&L. :)

BorkBork said:
I know the gameplay is shit, but Fragile just sounds so damn awesome.

Assuming they get good voice actors, Fragile will be a must-buy. I couldn't put down the JP version (still need to play through again and find all the items).

Cow Mengde said:
Is it just me, or is NP becoming one of the best game magazines out there? Always the big exclusives and what not.

I know people always troll "Lol NP" but they still manage to get big exclusive info, which is really strange and surprising nowadays when everything is revealed first on the internet...

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Desperate Struggle and Fragile. yeah, i'm getting this issue. funny thing, out of all the titles that XSEED have coming up, Fragile is the one with the most market potential. it could very easily appeal to women and girls with its story. kinda like a chick... game, or... something...

Zoramon089 said:
I know people always troll "Lol NP" but they still manage to get big exclusive info, which is really strange and surprising nowadays when everything is revealed first on the internet...
funny thing is that they're great on reviews too. back in the past they were "IT'S ON NINTENDO, SO THEREFORE IT MUST BE AWESOME RITE?" now they're probably one of the most reliable Wii reviewers out there.

Dascu

EatChildren said:
She's faster and she can jump. She has her own scenarios.

oh god somebody hold me

Oh, and 50 bosses confirmed, though some battles will be against multiple assassins at the same time.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Dascu said:
She's faster and she can jump. She has her own scenarios.

oh god somebody hold me

Oh, and 50 bosses confirmed, though some battles will be against multiple assassins at the same time.
Shinobu? Oh God, Suda must be ripping on Raiden! anyway, i kinda figured that there would be multiple assassin battles. i hope we get to go up against a pair of sexy twins who are way too intimate. knowing Suda, he'll give us just that... and they'll be men...

donny2112

Tiktaalik said:
Lower your prices!

Subscribe!

I think it's like $30 Canadian for a year + bonus issue, and the subscriber version has a non-cluttered cover that looks much nicer than the newstand copies.

Tiktaalik

donny2112 said:
Subscribe!

I think it's like $30 Canadian for a year + bonus issue, and the subscriber version has a non-cluttered cover that looks much nicer than the newstand copies.

Do you actually get the issues before newsstand? I used to subscribe to magazines (including Nintendo Power) all the time when I was a kid but I stopped because the magazines (not just NP) always came late, occasionally not at all, and it wasn't a good experience in any way.

Tiktaalik said:
Do you actually get the issues before newsstand? I used to subscribe to magazines (including Nintendo Power) all the time when I was a kid but I stopped because the magazines (not just NP) always came late, occasionally not at all, and it wasn't a good experience in any way.

I've subscribed since the beginning and for awhile I was getting them later than the newsstands. Ever since they started doing their subscriber only covers I've been getting them earlier.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
donny2112 said:
Subscribe!

Subscription issues come about 1-2 weeks late to where I live. I'm better off skimming at the newsstand, unfortunately.

Deku

Banned
AlphaDream working on th new M&L game!

I think the handheld RPGs have far surpased the IntSys Paper Mario RPG titles on consoles.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dascu said:
PLAY AS SHINOBU AND JUMP AND BE FAST ALSO 50 BOSS BATTLES OMG

mhdfeh.gif

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
doomed1 said:
Desperate Struggle and Fragile. yeah, i'm getting this issue. funny thing, out of all the titles that XSEED have coming up, Fragile is the one with the most market potential. it could very easily appeal to women and girls with its story. kinda like a chick... game, or... something...

I don't think post apocalyptic worlds aren't really that appealing to the female demographic. Nor are effeminate young teenage boys.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I wish Japanese impressions of Fragile were better than they were... I was so interested in that game until I heard it apparently plays like crap.

Nicktals

Banned
Ummm....I'm not seeing that info about shinobu and 50 bosses confirmed...Where should I be looking? Is there another link...Because I'm pretty sure I didn't miss it on the link above...

Dascu

Nicktals said:
Ummm....I'm not seeing that info about shinobu and 50 bosses confirmed...Where should I be looking? Is there another link...Because I'm pretty sure I didn't miss it on the link above...
There's scans of the issue out already.

Yay for Nintendo Power! Seeing information about the next issue always makes me wish my subscription would come sooner. Of course, I usually don't mind once I've actually received it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
BorkBork said:
It's from Angel, which makes it infinitely more hilarious.

Whoah, really? :lol I need to start buying the box sets now that I'm finished with Buffy.

Soka said:
I thought it was from Angel actually, or maybe even Buffy?

Was definitely not in Buffy, just finished watching all the eps and that was not in it. :lol

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
MoogPaul said:
Buffy makes me laugh. My friends brother is Warren Meers on that show.

You're friends with Adam Busch's brother?? O_O

No worries,
Warren lives on in the Season 8 comics
. ^_^

MoogPaul

Andrex said:
You're friends with Adam Busch's brother?? O_O

No worries,
Warren lives on in the Season 8 comics
. ^_^

Yeah, was in a band with him for 5 or 6 years. Adam's band is pretty good too, http://www.commonrotation.com/ kind folky. My wife plays cello on a track of their cd.

Anywho, I hope the Shinobu missions don't open up until you beat the actual game. It'd be a nice little reward

Blueblur1

Thanks to this thread I was reminded that I have to renew my subscription.

Edit:
96306scribblenauts_tf2spy22-1.png

^^Where are all these avatars coming from??

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Blueblur1 said:
Edit:
96306scribblenauts_tf2spy22-1.png

^^Where are all these avatars coming from??

The Scribblenauts thread.

Top Bottom