• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early TRICO test footage (year+ old) -- READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidzed2

Oh my goodness. That is clearly just a concet / target render type-thing, but it all fits. The art style, the concept, etc.

It seems to meld ICO-style platforming with the 'large-scale creature interaction' of SotC.

Any bets your adorable companion dies at the end and makes me weep for the next five years.

JoJo13

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
For the record, Ueda said that his next game was going to be a cross between ICO and SoTC but with the essence of ICO. This matches that perfectly.

And that's exactly what I want!!!

HOLY SHIT I am so fucking hyped for this now.

E3 came early.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
kiruyama said:
what makes you think that wasn't gameplay?

No, that looked in-game engine rendered, which is ok since it wasn't anything out of this world, but i sure hope that isn't gameplay. It looked awfully boring.

Dante said:
:lol did you type that before you watched it?
I sure hope that isn't the main gameplay focus. I want to kill giant beats, not play with my giant pokemon.

Freedom = $1.05 said:
What that creature is I want to hug it and feed it fruits and make sure it doesn't run off of a cliff. That guy(?) looks awesome.
Up until the knights come at the end and slay it making you cry massive man-tears. :D

Zilch

Banned
Kagari said:
Fan-done video?

You think one or two people have the resources available to create 3 minutes of that?

I mean, you can clearly see that the footage is real-time videogame footage... how could amateurs possibly make that??

ezekial45

Banned
It looks like those "leaked" facts list turned out to be true after all. They were from a year or two ago. It claimed that the game would be about exploration and you'd have a giant companion (which is obvious from the trailer).

Anyone else remember that?

The music is outstanding. It could easily be a movie...

"Young boy bonds with a monster... and they grow up together. When they are faced with the biggest crisis of their life, they will have only one another... This is an epic adventure which will teach them both what friendship, loyalty and sacrifice mean."

With that music in the background, who the fuck isnt gonna cry? :D

I'm down for it. Bring it on.

oneHeero

BrodiemanTTR said:
Whatever that dograt thing and the protag were both looked amateur hour from design to execution.
I guess you didnt read the description, eh?
************************* - Early footage of the next game from Team ICO, exclusive to the PlayStation 3. This video may not represent the final product. Allow some time for this to buffer.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
There's already sooo much personality in the way the Badger/Kitty thing rubs up against TRICO and they interact with one another....this is real.

JoJo13

Banned
Does anyone else think this is an early internal concept trailer that was probably made over a year and a half ago? About the time that they had the ad that featured the big chain.

It doesn't even have a title in the trailer...simply "TRICO project" or whatever.

I guess if they reveal it soon, it'll be a lot more recent.

Y2Kev said:
There's already sooo much personality in the way the Badger/Kitty thing rubs up against TRICO and they interact with one another....this is real.

The animation is fantastic. The game OOOZES personality because of it.

Bernbaum

I am more looking forward to the absence of Trico/Ico/SotC threads than I am of playing Ueda's third game.

I love the games, but I'm really fucking sick of this 'Where's Trico' crap, and 'What PS2 games should I get?' thread's where all people do is type 'Get Ico/Sotc' and respond with such wonderful statements as 'this' or '.'

Muffdraul

Blader5489 said:
The only dubious thing about it is that it's actually called Trico :lol

Project Trico. Working title, just like SotC's working title was Nico.

P.S. Holy... effing... shit.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
the other thing that this is in line with

remember the VERY earliest leaks on project trico and it was, lo and behold, that exact plug and chain?

i guess i want it to be legit because it looks pants fillingly awesome.

can we get some BBC guy in here to confirm secret game? :hyper

if this is a leak, and it is legit, then i feel a bit sorry for Sony. I would have soiled my E3 trunks on the day.

OMFG

ALL OVER MY FACE!!!!

If this is real then I can see myself getting involved into the characters alot. Also, the music is AMAZING.

Dante

The kid is cute, not sure why people don't like the model.

It's fukkin beautiful, especially the water scenes.

burgerdog

The texture work in the beginning of the trailer is amazing. Fuck, I don't know what some of you are smoking but that rat is so damn cute. I need to play this nowwwww.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom