• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early TRICO test footage (year+ old) -- READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stillmatic

What in the world? That came out of nowhere leading me to believe it's fake, but it is really well done. The animation is great and it matches up exactly to the initial render that was released for the open position, which leads me to believe it could be real. o_O

Haunted

The kid is a placeholder/early design. It's obvious they spent a lot of work on the creature.

I don't really know what the fuck is up, this trailer is all sorts of confusing.

Blader

Muffdraul said:
Project Trico. Working title, just like SotC's working title was Nico.

P.S. Holy... effing... shit.

Yeah, but isn't Trico a fan name? I'm just surprised Ueda actually adopted the name for the project title.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Zilch said:
You think one or two people have the resources available to create 3 minutes of that?

I mean, you can clearly see that the footage is real-time videogame footage... how could amateurs possibly make that??

True... how did these guys get ahold of it though and no one else did?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Watched it twice. Man. So fucking good. The feeling of adventure, the bond between the two characters, Miyazaki would be jealous.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
iamcool388 said:
The music is outstanding. It could easily be a movie...

"Young boy bonds with a monster... and they grow up together. When they are faced with the biggest crisis of their life, they will have only one another... This is an epic adventure which will teach them both what friendship, loyalty and sacrifice mean."

With that music in the background, who the fuck isnt gonna cry? :D

I'm down for it. Bring it on.
Totally, a king kong set up maybe. The boy is forced to leave/kill the monster in the end...maybe secretly lets him live?

Kevin

I am 99% sure this is indeed real. The trailer embodies all styles of art that Team ICO is known for and on top of that it's just to good to be fake. Expect it at E3! :D

ezekial45

Banned
ezekial45 said:
It looks like those "leaked" facts list turned out to be true after all. They were from a year or two ago. It claimed that the game would be about exploration and you'd have a giant companion (which is obvious from the trailer).

Anyone else remember that?

Anyone? I can't be the only one who remembers.

PlaystationLifestyle is the same site that used to claim they have insider info, but that ended up being bullshit.

Aww fuck it I think its real, the music is way too good to be fake.

Naka

iamcool388 said:
The music is outstanding. It could easily be a movie...

"Young boy bonds with a monster... and they grow up together. When they are faced with the biggest crisis of their life, they will have only one another... This is an epic adventure which will teach them both what friendship, loyalty and sacrifice mean."

With that music in the background, who the fuck isnt gonna cry? :D

I'm down for it. Bring it on.

I swear this music is straight from Miller's Crossing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkJIcFMN_pc

Edit: Here is a better version of the music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18bMz_Zs-Ao

snoopers

I am multitalented
Looks fantastic. I can't wait to try this and have faith in Ueda to meet all the expectations raised with such an awesome target render. Great, great game design idea.

Yes Boss!

Who cares about Uncharted, Killzone, and MGS4. This one will seal the deal and finally make a PS3 a must purchase for anybody.

Spiegel

The chain:

teamico_ps3_first2.jpg

ke670m.jpg

0:56

Looks exactly the same

Chiggs

Yes Boss! said:
Who cares about Uncharted, Killzone, and MGS4. This one will seal the deal and finally make a PS3 a must purchase for anybody.

Easily my most anticipated title on the system, other than FFXIII.

AniHawk

I'm probably wrong here, but I'll say it's fake.

EDIT: Yeah, it's gotta be fake. Looks like someone hacked ICO or something.

Llyranor

Is this supposed to be like Pokemon or something?

The duality of gameplay from playing the little boy and getting help from that giant dog certainly has potential. Looks pretty interesting.

JB1981

snoopers said:
Looks fantastic. I can't wait to try this and have faith in Ueda to meet all the expectations raised with such an awesome target render. Great, great game design idea.

Are you suggesting that this entire video is a target render? Looks perfectly doable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom