• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early TRICO test footage (year+ old) -- READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicktals

Banned
Jun 25, 2006
Near the beginning yeah looked kind of poor...

But by the end I was :O

Looks absolutely awesome.

Stillmatic

Oct 13, 2006
What in the world? That came out of nowhere leading me to believe it's fake, but it is really well done. The animation is great and it matches up exactly to the initial render that was released for the open position, which leads me to believe it could be real. o_O

Haunted

Nov 16, 2006
steamcommunity.com
The kid is a placeholder/early design. It's obvious they spent a lot of work on the creature.

I don't really know what the fuck is up, this trailer is all sorts of confusing.

Blader

Oct 8, 2006
Muffdraul said:
Project Trico. Working title, just like SotC's working title was Nico.

P.S. Holy... effing... shit.
Yeah, but isn't Trico a fan name? I'm just surprised Ueda actually adopted the name for the project title.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2005
Carcosa
kassatsu said:
The better question is, if this is real. How in the hell did playstationlifestyle get a hold of it?
If it's a fake, then it's the best ever ever made.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
May 30, 2004
saitama, jyapyaon
Watched it twice. Man. So fucking good. The feeling of adventure, the bond between the two characters, Miyazaki would be jealous.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jul 6, 2005
iamcool388 said:
The music is outstanding. It could easily be a movie...

"Young boy bonds with a monster... and they grow up together. When they are faced with the biggest crisis of their life, they will have only one another... This is an epic adventure which will teach them both what friendship, loyalty and sacrifice mean."

With that music in the background, who the fuck isnt gonna cry? :D

I'm down for it. Bring it on.
Totally, a king kong set up maybe. The boy is forced to leave/kill the monster in the end...maybe secretly lets him live?

ezekial45

I have assigned to you one day for each year its punishment will last.
Aug 4, 2006
San Francisco, California
ezekial45 said:
It looks like those "leaked" facts list turned out to be true after all. They were from a year or two ago. It claimed that the game would be about exploration and you'd have a giant companion (which is obvious from the trailer).

Anyone else remember that?
Anyone? I can't be the only one who remembers.

Dec 5, 2008
San Diego, CA
PlaystationLifestyle is the same site that used to claim they have insider info, but that ended up being bullshit.

Aww fuck it I think its real, the music is way too good to be fake.

Naka

Aug 6, 2004
www.slightlydark.com
iamcool388 said:
The music is outstanding. It could easily be a movie...

"Young boy bonds with a monster... and they grow up together. When they are faced with the biggest crisis of their life, they will have only one another... This is an epic adventure which will teach them both what friendship, loyalty and sacrifice mean."

With that music in the background, who the fuck isnt gonna cry? :D

I'm down for it. Bring it on.
I swear this music is straight from Miller's Crossing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkJIcFMN_pc

Edit: Here is a better version of the music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18bMz_Zs-Ao

Oct 11, 2007
Dante said:
The kid is cute, not sure why people don't like the model.

It's fukkin beautiful, especially the water scenes.
Because you cant count the freckles if you pause it. Looks beautiful to me...it has style.

snoopers

I am multitalented
May 12, 2005
Paris, France
Looks fantastic. I can't wait to try this and have faith in Ueda to meet all the expectations raised with such an awesome target render. Great, great game design idea.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Jan 20, 2005
Carcosa
Yes Boss! said:
Who cares about Uncharted, Killzone, and MGS4. This one will seal the deal and finally make a PS3 a must purchase for anybody.
Easily my most anticipated title on the system, other than FFXIII.

AniHawk

Jun 7, 2004
I'm probably wrong here, but I'll say it's fake.

EDIT: Yeah, it's gotta be fake. Looks like someone hacked ICO or something.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Mar 22, 2007
that was breathtaking. That was very powerful, moving even. Holy shit if it's fake!

Llyranor

May 17, 2006
Is this supposed to be like Pokemon or something?

The duality of gameplay from playing the little boy and getting help from that giant dog certainly has potential. Looks pretty interesting.

JB1981

May 12, 2006
Toms River, NJ
snoopers said:
Looks fantastic. I can't wait to try this and have faith in Ueda to meet all the expectations raised with such an awesome target render. Great, great game design idea.
Are you suggesting that this entire video is a target render? Looks perfectly doable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.