• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Early voters are researching how to change their Ballot votes as they increasingly search for the term "Hunter Biden".

Digital Gex

Banned
Feb 20, 2019
Recently, Google searches have spiked with the words “change my vote.” According to Google Trends data, the users have also searched “Hunter Biden.”

There are indications that voters who cast their ballot early now regret their pick, and President Donald Trump believes that these voters initially cast their vote for Joe Biden but now wish to vote for him instead.

Arizona, Tennessee, and Virginia residents have most frequently searched to see if they can change their votes. However, none of the three states allow a second shot at the polls.

Arizona is particularly alarming. Few states, if any, are as crucial as Arizona is to the election. As we wrote Monday, President Trump almost certainly must win Arizona for a re-election.

Now, voters feel they may have selected the wrong man for the next four years. Great.

The New York Post notes that Michigan, Minnesota, Washington, and Wisconsin have specific laws allowing residents to change their minds after casting an initial vote.

The Wisconsin Elections Commission says “many voters” have recently been in contact to see how they could revoke their absentee ballot. Michigan law reads: “if a voter has already voted absentee and wishes to change their vote … a voter can spoil their ballot by submitting a written request to their city or township clerk.” Polls show Biden ahead in Michigan and Wisconsin, both above the margin of error.

New York also allows voters who mailed-in an absentee ballot to submit a new ballot, Newsy reports, but Biden will take New York whether some voters have a change of heart or not.

None of this is good news. The last thing our divided country needs is for a losing candidate to blame his loss on state laws that either permit or prohibit voters from changing their ballot. It also demonstrates the problems associated with mail-in ballots and early voting.

This reads like Democrats have been the ones implementing voter suppression this whole time if anything.

It also shows the Hunter Biden story is working and the media trying to avoid covering it is only making things worse. Backfiring just as expected.

• LOL
Reactions: Arkam

and 3 others

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
If Trump wins, it will be bittersweet. I wanted them to lose with every advantage possible.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
All the northern swing states (Wisconisn, Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania) allow early mail-in votes to be changed (they cancel the original ballot and you can vote again). Combine that with Joe vocally wanting to shut down their industries and. . .

This could be fun. Tell your friends and family!

Digital Gex

Banned
Feb 20, 2019
Honestly at this point I just want the election to to be fair.

Lol?

That ended in 2016. Especially now that the artist formerly known as ACB is now on the supreme court driving her red corvette. Driving all the left mad, calling for assassinations. That kind of mental degradation means the politicians can pull all kinds of cheats and their base won't blink.

Aug 18, 2020
Meh. I don't think it is a large number, so I don't think it even matters if some people follow through, either way.

What I do find fascinating is which states are doing it. Top 5 over the last 24 hours, in order:
Delaware
Pennsylvania
Iowa
Florida
Wisconsin

• Fire
Reactions: Tesseract