• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EARN-IT Act and LAED Act Bills by D&R

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
Now tell me this isn't further proof that BOTH parties are against the American people and are actively trying to bring on a totalitarian state... basically Killing any kind of encrypted privacy (think WhatsApp and iMessage) to where we no longer have any. Any joke, any explicit moment between consenting adults, any private meetings of a small company... They would be subject to the government watching over each and every message ... It's insidious!

Dec 15, 2011
Oh.. but what's that phrase one side likes to roll out?

"You have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide"

As usual, the barb lobbed in one direction with glee isn't so gleeful once those who lobbed it are forced to taste their own medicine.

Also: Don't organise violence and riots and treasonous crap using apps. I dunno. Maybe it's not such a great idea?

BigBooper

Feb 28, 2018
You almost know automatically that anything Lindsey Graham touches is about killing people or limiting freedoms, so the Stanford analysis doesn't surprise me.

On the other hand, I think we are on the precipice of the US spiraling into collapse with the immense stupidity of people nowadays and I think there are some treasonous elements that the government must try to eliminate. If that were their stated goal, I don't know that I'd have a problem with it because their scope would be inherently limited. I'm never in support of the government trying to fool the public and sneak things in like political snakes.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
The Pentagon
i'm not against encryption so much as all too aware its days are numbered

gut feeling is uncertainty will dominate the coming shadow war

will give this a read tonight, thanks

Reactions: DeafTourette

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
It sounds like LAED is a strategic bill designed to be the "unreasonable" alternative to the "reasonable" EARN IT, presented with the declaration that one or the other is necessary to KeEpZ uS sAfE!!1!

Reactions: DeafTourette