• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earth Defense Force 4.1 coming to PC via Steam on July 18

manfestival

I read some reviews for the mission packs basically stating that they were totally not worth it unless you absolutely needed more content from the game

I've only played a few missions from the first expansion pack, but they were a lot of fun and changed things up a surprising amount. I think you can look at it from a more clinical perspective and they come off badly. There's no new weapons, apparently no totally new enemy models, the same maps as the base game, and no serious mechanics changes like a new class or similar. They're basically heavily remixed content, and if you got enough EDF from the long normal release then there's probably no point in buying.

But if you did finish the game wanting more EDF, the mission packs are absolutely great 'remixes'. Really well designed missions, on the whole.

bede-x

I read some reviews for the mission packs basically stating that they were totally not worth it unless you absolutely needed more content from the game

It's probably different from person to person. If you don't want more content (missions), it really makes no sense to buy the two dlc packs and that'll certainly be the case to many considering how content rich the main game is.

Personally, I love EDF and am ready to buy anything they release. And some of the new missions are amongst the best in the game.

On a different note I wonder how well this is doing in comparison with their expectations? Will they consider a little below 60000 good? They said they were interested in porting other EDF games to Steam if this did well and I'd love to see the Vita versions of two and three ported with split screen as well as online coop.

I've personally had the most fun doing the DLC missions out of anything else in the game. Normal missions can get pretty hectic on hardest/inferno, but the DLC missions are just nonstop crazy and it's the best thing ever.

My friend and I are up to stage 8 in the second DLC, and we keep finding new and exciting ways to hate carriers, retiarii, dragons, and pretty much everything else. And then red bluedrones showed up :|

bede-x

Earth Defense Force 4.1 has come to the Humble Store and it's 30% off right now (Steam key):

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/earth-defense-force-41-the-shadow-of-new-despair

It's a fantastic game and while the PC version doesn't have many options, it runs really well and every fan of co-op shooting games ought to give it a try. IMO it's much better than similar games like Left4Dead, with only Serious Sam providing some competition in the genre. And it's actually pretty good in singleplayer as well.

Skulldead

I've personally had the most fun doing the DLC missions out of anything else in the game. Normal missions can get pretty hectic on hardest/inferno, but the DLC missions are just nonstop crazy and it's the best thing ever.:|

this the DLC mission are way better then 95% of he normal campaign mission, the first time new enemies
Green Ants
appear is the most OMG moment i ever had since a long time. I was like this is freaking crazy sh** here !

Top Bottom