• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE X: GAME OF THE YEAR. AGAIN.

More annoying than the girl is that salaryman on his exercise bike at the beginning and the end, pimping one of D3's worst games ever like it's the second coming, bookending something as good as EDFX. :lol

HOLY PARADISE ISLAND! thanks for the vid guys!!!

360 killer app ****ing confirmed!! Seriously, someone needs to pick this up for US release like TODAY

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
op_ivy said:
only games with giant bad guys are next-gen confirmed
I take you didnt play EDF2?

everything is destructible, bridges, buildings see that big ass mothership in those pictures? you can take it down too :)

seriously it's one of the most immersive games I've ever play even with the occasional framerates drops in the PS2 version.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
jiji said:
Giant 100%-destructible levels full of giant bad guys, with little old you right in the middle of it all, free to roam and destroy. What other 360 game has that at the moment?

right. if it doesnt have that, IT AINT NEXT-GEN.

edit for clarity: i never said this wasnt next-gen, just commenting on sugarmans post saying this is the first "next-gen" game on 360 which is absurd

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Himuro said:
Didn't know you had import playing capabilities on your ps2, error.
I dont :lol

my cousin has a modded ps2 I borrowed it to play EDF2

op_ivy said:
right. if it doesnt have that, IT AINT NEXT-GEN.

edit for clarity: i never said this wasnt next-gen, just commenting on sugarmans post saying this is the first "next-gen" game on 360 which is absurd

Maybe I should've made a long-winded clarifycation: to me, next-gen isn't about high poly counts or sharp resolution but about experience. I remember playing Rogue Leader on GC and while it looked good, it played like a smooth version of the N64 titles. It wasn't until I played Halo, with it's large scale, cinematic direction, varied terrien, advanced AI, ect that I felt like next gen really arrived. I like current 360 games but they feel more like updates to me, PGR3, Fight Night 3, Perfect Dark Zero, Oblivion, Dead Rising....they're all impressive in their own right they just haven't bowled me over like seeing this game has.

hyp

hot damn, that girl is annoyingly hot. earth defense what?? thanks for the video guys. :lol

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Error2k4 said:
I take you didnt play EDF2?

everything is destructible, bridges, buildings see that big ass mothership in those pictures? you can take it down too :)

seriously it's one of the most immersive games I've ever play even with the occasional framerates drops in the PS2 version.

"occasional" framedrops is a pretty forgiving way of putting it, especially in the (awesome) 2-player mode. :p
Not that it bothers me much in this game, but there are certain levels where the framerate drops...below 10...and kind of stays there a lot. :p
In such cases, I realize EDF2 is the first game where I can truly say the framerate makes it hard to play properly. :lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Sugarman said:
Maybe I should've made a long-winded clarifycation: to me, next-gen isn't about high poly counts or sharp resolution but about experience. I remember playing Rogue Leader on GC and while it looked good, it played like a smooth version of the N64 titles. It wasn't until I played Halo, with it's large scale, cinematic direction, varied terrien, advanced AI, ect that I felt like next gen really arrived. I like current 360 games but they feel more like updates to me, PGR3, Fight Night 3, Perfect Dark Zero, Oblivion, Dead Rising....they're all impressive in their own right they just haven't bowled me over like seeing this game has.

have you played dead rising? i dont think a game like that would have been possible on previous gen systems.

oh, and from all accounts, the ps2 edf games were basically the same as this but not as pretty.

Direct sequel confirmed! My pants are a complete mess now and all of the nearby students are giving me weird looks.

It's cool though..EDF3 GOTY

EDF is the proof that, as we all suspected, framerate and graphic whores are nothing more than whiny pussies. EDFX looks to be badass beyond badass.

bloke

Well, maybe they'll be super-long missions. ;P

And once again, new EDF3 movies will be shown at Gyao today.

coming.jpg

http://www.gyao.jp/game/d3p/

Looks like you'll be able to ride mechs.

duckroll

bloke said:
Hm is that link good, I'm getting page not found.

Hey what do you know! They took it down! I guess they saw sporsk's displeasure and decided to put it back up later so it says 80 missions! :lol

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
duckroll said:
Hey what do you know! They took it down! I guess they saw sporsk's displeasure and decided to put it back up later so it says 80 missions! :lol

That would make me happy.

IJoel

duckroll said:
Learn to read a thread before posting in it please? :)
Geez, no need to be so rude. I actually did browse the thread and saw some of the pics, but not that one that for some reason seemed to have taken longer to load (and hence why I didn't see it, and why it was the only one I posted.)

op_ivy said:
have you played dead rising? i dont think a game like that would have been possible on previous gen systems.
Oh please, Dead Rising is like Dynasty Warriors compared to this.

Can anyone confirm if EDFX is region-free. I'll buy it for my friend's console if it is.

Top Bottom