• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE X: GAME OF THE YEAR. AGAIN.

dorikyasu

l_ge_edf09.jpg

I just thought it's funny how they're still using 2D bitmap for items. :D

I love EDF2!

duckroll

Okay, fellow Japanese gaffers, we have an international crisis on our hands. At noon, when the EDFX site officially opens, Gyao will also be streaming a video news report on it here: http://www.gyao.jp/game/ (you can see the blurb on the left column but there's no play button yet)

Here is the problem: While Gyao is a free streaming service, it blocks all IPs outside of Japan from acquiring the free licenses for their videos. Nope, proxies will not work, I just spent 30mins trying a shitload. It is up to you, brave Japanese gaffers, to figure out how to pirate this stream for the good of everyone else. :D

Tr4nce

Holy shit, that vid was damn hot. I'm so gonna buy this game. Mindless blasting and annihilation for everyone!!!!!!!!!11

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
This gyao shit is stupid.

Okay im using IE now and the video isnt wanting to load, i guess i have to wait 5 minutes, but its been 5 minutes already...

sprsk

sp0rsk said:
IM WATCHING VIEDEO ITS SOE AWESOME
OMG
OMGOMGOMGOMG THIS WINTER

Okay okay okaiy calm down calm down 3 headed fire breathing monster, SLOW DOWN IS STILL IN THE GAME!! oh man aliens are everywhere so many new things hioly shit holy shit.

Aaron

GOTMFY.

I think I stopped breathing for a bit when I saw the screens. This absolutely must come to the US, or I'm going to have to do something drastic, like buying another 360.

sprsk

duckroll said:
When the video has been decrypted by Japanese fans, I'll host it somewhere. Until then, sporsk needs to keep talking. :p

Okay im calmed down

Basically the video is...

An annoying but cute girl playing the game and doing horribly, they takl about the plot of the game "you gotta save the planet" or whatever and then they roll a trailer WIUTH ****ING TWO OR THREE HEADED GIANT FIREBREATHING MONSTERS. There is still shaky screen slow down, everything is still destructible, REAL RED BLOOD! Also the same music that was in EDF2 is still there.

So many shiny robots!! so many!

sp0rsk said:
Okay im calmed down

Basically the video is...

An annoying but cute girl playing the game and doing horribly, they takl about the plot of the game "you gotta save the planet" or whatever and then they roll a trailer WIUTH ****ING TWO OR THREE HEADED GIANT FIREBREATHING MONSTERS. There is still shaky screen slow down, everything is still destructible, REAL RED BLOOD! Also the same music that was in EDF2 is still there.

So many shiny robots!! so many!

im vicariously watching the video through you and your description. thanks for your help.

duckroll

Man even the IMAGES behind that flash object have a ****ed up filter on them. Here are the new screens, ****ed up filter and all. They HATE us gaijins.... FOREIGNER ALIENS indeed! :lol

up132674.jpg

up132675.jpg

up132676.jpg

up132677.jpg

up132678.jpg

Srider

Banned
I can't capture it lol, it's DRM.

Like I said, whatever, don't believe me. I'm not gonna spoon feed you guys with the proxy ip, look for one, it works.

duckroll

Srider said:
I can't capture it lol, it's DRM.

Like I said, whatever, don't believe me. I'm not gonna spoon feed you guys with the proxy ip, look for one, it works.

I've tried over 20 proxies, and pretty much every time they can detect my global IP. Unless you wannabe helpful it just seems like you're goes "haha losers" now, and it's getting annoying. :p

I can see the teaser clip on the main gyao page, but none of the movies on the EDFX page work. That 5 second clip alone was GOTY though.

kenta

Has no PEINS
When I click on the PLAY button it takes me to a form with a crapload of kanji, if someone can tell me what to put in the fields I'll see if it plays for me and I can shakycam it

sprsk

kenta said:
When I click on the PLAY button it takes me to a form with a crapload of kanji, if someone can tell me what to put in the fields I'll see if it plays for me and I can shakycam it

You have to register.

Tain

Holy mother of ****, I need this.

Like, exagerrations, hyperbole, you name it. I really ****ing want this game.

Srider

Banned
Adam Blade said:
Prove it by uploading a vid. kthanxbye.

This is the kind of attitude that makes people think twice about helping.

Is that proof enough?

Duckroll: Since you speak Japanese I'll share more info about it.

First you need to find a Japanese postal code, I think you've gotten past that part.

Search on google Japan dealing with Gyao and proxy, there is a blog that tells you exactly how to watch it from outside Japan.

Those proxys that you tried are most likely not actually in Japan. Use a legit source or do a whois and make sure it's in Japan. If you are getting the ip error, it means you are not using a Japanese based proxy. A good test is to type in google.com and see if it returns the Japanese google. Use IE.

duckroll

Srider said:
First you need to find a Japanese postal code, I think you've gotten past that part.

Yeah I registered on Gyao ages ago, I just could never get any of the damn videos working. :lol

A good test is to type in google.com and see if it returns the Japanese google. Use IE.

Hmmmm, thanks for the tip. I didn't think about this before. :D

sprsk

kenta said:
Okay so tell me what to put in the fields and I'll register

Starts out with login, then password, then re-enter your password, and then your nickname.

Then I think you enter your postal code and there's a big section with your email, then they ask you about your job and how many people you live with and blah blah blah you can just click randomly on that stuff. At the bottom they ask if you accept the agreement, yes you do, so click on the left checkbox and then hit enter.

Top Bottom