• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Earth From Another Sun - Announcement Trailer (open-galaxy space exploration RPG)

Bullet Club

This looks pretty good. Early days though, it's not expected to be out until 2023, even though on Steam it says 2022.

Edit: 2022 PC, 2023 on console.

Welcome to your first-person galaxy! Conquer the galaxy alone, with or against your friends!​

How you conquer it is up to you, will you obliterate your enemies? Will you rise through diplomacy? Crime? By seizing the Market? The Galaxy is yours for the taking.

ezgif-3-cf124ac3626f.gif

Earth From Another Sun is an Open-World Galactic Domination Sandbox where you fight alongside the armies you command both on planets and in space!
If you ever wish for something more challenging, you can hop in a 60 players Galactic Dominion Conquest to test your skills against others.

AN EVER EXPANDING OPEN WORLD​

ezgif-3-9e6490fec3ed_2.gif

The open-world galaxy in Earth From Another Sun is populated with many interesting things.
Travel from place to place, or from planet to planet, and you are sure to discover something new.
Here's is an incomplete list of things you can discover in the galaxy by the end of 2021:
  • Planets
  • Space Stations
  • Pirates
  • Asteroids (with loads of mineral deposits fit for mining)
  • Space Debris (with the potential to find good loot)
  • Pirate Dens
  • Hatcheries (with large numbers of Pem)
  • NPCs
Read on to discover how this world will get populated even faster.

CROWDSOURCED MAYHEM​

The design tools our designers use internally will be polished and packaged, and released for public use. That means anyone can add new content to the open-world galaxy.

For example, a tool we are building now is for creating adventure events. You'll be able to use this tool to create mini-stories that players can discover while they play. Or perhaps even create a chain of stories, linking into a larger epic. Your imagination is the limit.

Numerous other tools will be launched, one after another. You'll be able to create NPCs, quests, loot, your own base, and even planets.

With such a design, the rate of content expansion will accelerate very quickly. And because higher content density means a better open world, the galaxy in Earth From Another Sun will become densely populated and extremely worthy of exploration.

Are you someone who prefers non-stop fast paced action? If so you can hop in our roguelike mode where you are a one man army killing everything that gets in your way!

What to expect in Earth From Another Sun:
* Multiplayer co-op Galactic Domination conquests.
* A unique blend of Mount&Blade, looter shooter and randomly generated worlds.
* Co-op with other players in FPS battles throughout the galaxy.
* Massive Sci-Fi battlefields that support up to 1000 units.
* Hundreds of unique weapons, weapon mods, abilities, gadgets.
* Mechs, tanks, hovercraft, vessels and planes for you to pilot.
* Content updates every two weeks, for years to come.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
If they really wanted to get people hyped they should leak a texture of a wall or boot and then not say anything for 5 months. Works for other space themed RPGs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Interesting mix of gameplay elements in the trailer. The kitchen sink approach can be intimidating, but it does look interesting.

Bullet Club

Updated the OP. It is coming out on Steam in 2022, it's the console versions that's 2023.

IDK why, but for some reason this gives me Chinese developer vibes.
Just Googled, they are based in California. Looks like there are some Chinese people on the team though. Not that it really matters.

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Updated the OP. It is coming out on Steam in 2022, it's the console versions that's 2023.

Just Googled, they are based in California. Looks like there are some Chinese people on the team though. Not that it really matters.

For sure.

Edit: Wait, I just checked it out myself and they ackchyually(!) are a Chinese developer, from Shenzhen China.

Seems like they've been mostly doing VR games in the past.

Last edited:

Miles708

Is this a joke? From the trailer it looks just like any other messy online arena games, with some extra menus and questionable animations.
Certainly not what the "Space Exploration RPG" in the thread title led me to believe.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Another instance where I really have to think that unless the devs are prepared to get the trailer VO written and performed better... Just stick with text captions.
Because its subtractive to the overall presentation when you saddle it with cheesy, cornball attempts to sound epic.

Sentenza

Fuck, the description made it almost sound like "Space Rangers 2, but in 3d".
The looter shooter part is a massive turn off for me. Can't stand the entire fucking genre and its gameplay loop.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Is this a joke? From the trailer it looks just like any other messy online arena games, with some extra menus and questionable animations.
Certainly not what the "Space Exploration RPG" in the thread title led me to believe.
Not impressed.
looks jank

Yeah I feel like there is some collective madness happening inthe thread here, for me, this is both: very funny, the VO is not professional and the writing itself is hilariously pretentious and looks like vaporware since it shows far too many different genres of game (and even graphics rendering style) in the video, thats a massive red flag imo.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
This game actually got support from Intel and it is somewhat of a poster child for AAA visuals in Unity Engine.

The concept of the game is incredibly ambitious, into Star Citizen Realms. But it looks grand, and it keeps on looking so.

manfestival

Looks kinda meh but it is also trying to do something different which is pretty cool. Here is to hoping that it does not suck. Doesn't look like my cup of tea but I do find it interesting at least.

Guilty_AI

As its usually the case with this kind of space game, we need to know the 'catch'. The fact they dont make clear what that 'catch' is should be worrying.

Hello everyone!
I am Anthony, Community Manager for Earth From Another Sun. I would like to preface by saying we have a demo on steam right now if you want to try it out!
The game is currently in alpha hence why some aspects look janky.
I must admit I am not well versed in the etiquette of this forum so I apologize if I don't quote correctly. As well I apologize for answering this late, I did not have an account on the ready.
This looks pretty good. Early days though, it's not expected to be out until 2023, even though on Steam it says 2022.
Edit: 2022 PC, 2023 on console.
Thank you very much for sharing!

Wait, I just checked it out myself and they ackchyually(!) are a Chinese developer, from Shenzhen China.

Seems like they've been mostly doing VR games in the past.

We are an international studio ( I am French, our founder is Canadian) and we are all working remotely. We have team members in the US, Europe, and Indeed China.
We need to have a branch in China to be able to hire there.

Another instance where I really have to think that unless the devs are prepared to get the trailer VO written and performed better... Just stick with text captions.
Because its subtractive to the overall presentation when you saddle it with cheesy, cornball attempts to sound epic.
Agreed, I was personally not a fan of the idea and prefered letting the game speak for itself. For the VO of the game, we have a partner lined up that will help us.
Fuck, the description made it almost sound like "Space Rangers 2, but in 3d".
The looter shooter part is a massive turn off for me. Can't stand the entire fucking genre and its gameplay loop.
I would personally say that this label doesn't apply to the game well, there is loot and an equipment system more akin to an RPG, but not exactly like an RPG, it meets halfway. Of course, we are aware that the game is not for everyone.

Thank you again for sharing Bullet Club!

nemiroff

Gold Member
Hello everyone!
I am Anthony, Community Manager for Earth From Another Sun. I would like to preface by saying we have a demo on steam right now if you want to try it out!
The game is currently in alpha hence why some aspects look janky.
I must admit I am not well versed in the etiquette of this forum so I apologize if I don't quote correctly. As well I apologize for answering this late, I did not have an account on the ready.

Thank you very much for sharing!

We are an international studio ( I am French, our founder is Canadian) and we are all working remotely. We have team members in the US, Europe, and Indeed China.
We need to have a branch in China to be able to hire there.

Agreed, I was personally not a fan of the idea and prefered letting the game speak for itself. For the VO of the game, we have a partner lined up that will help us.

I would personally say that this label doesn't apply to the game well, there is loot and an equipment system more akin to an RPG, but not exactly like an RPG, it meets halfway. Of course, we are aware that the game is not for everyone.

Thank you again for sharing Bullet Club!

Ah. I was reading from a bio on a web page where it was firmly stated you were a developer from Shenzhen. Obviously it turned out to be misleading, so thanks for clearing that up.

I'll go ahead and try the demo now :)

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
You cared enough to respond.
This is the worst comeback I've read in a while. :messenger_neutral:

Anyway the game looks fine. Seems really ambitious which could also be its downfall if they can't integrate mechanic and feature seamlessly. Personally the only things that seemed fun/interesting to me were the shooty bits as it looked very much over-the-top (in a good way).

Last edited:

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
I was interested until I watched the video, hard pass.
Main reason being that I don't like FPS games, secondary reason being it looks soulless.

Top Bottom