• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

wait a sec so tomorrow another podcast? it's listed on the schedule but they already did it on the livestream

while the podcast was livestreamed, it hasn't been uploaded yet to youtube, so I suppose it is that, also they talked about something special for patrons since the podcast was public (more L&R questions) and that might have to do with it.

Auctopus

no, I'm not talking about the uncharted discussion since I haven't really played it. I'm talking about the diminishment of games like TLOU or Dark Souls 3, specially the bolded parts.

Those games are absolutely fantastic and shouldn't be diminished in order to take up Uncharted 4 points.

I'm not diminishing those game, both DS3 and TLOU are excellent.

I was using them in the context of the conversation on the podcast that because games are expected to be good, the game is somehow less impressive when it is good?

TLOU was ND's previous effort and I was simply stating that I think ND have improved even further since that game. Then Ian went on about how much deeper the mechanics and combat were in DS3 when in fact the combat is shallower than DS2.

All games in my original comment are excellent in their own ways, it was simply an argument against the point the Allies were trying to make.

Edit: L&R.

Easy Allies [EZOT2] - Doo doo doo doo doo doo, Doo Doo Doo Doo doo doo dooo, Doo doo doo doo doo doo, dooodoo doo Love And Respect

Easy Allies [EZOT2] - Believe in Dreams, Believe in Don

Easy Allies [EZOT2] - Lightning Strikes Twice

Kneefoil

This was one of the best Fiascos they've ever done.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Kill Yourself
And this was the first idea I had for for the EZOT2 title, but it's probably way too dark.

Love & Respect is a pretty obvious one.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| For All the Werehogs

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Dirty Tet Central

Fou-Lu

Fiasco was great. It was the first Easy Allies video my girlfriend watched with me and she said it was really cute. She was sad Ben wasn't there though because apparently he is her favourite despite not watching videos in the past except for a few moments over my shoulder.

Jones really needs to play Uncharted 4 because he's totally wrong when he talked about how the game never gives you a reason to just examine the detail in a space. There are large sections of the game where that is the whole point, and it's where the game is often most effective and impactful.

Easy Allies |OT2| Now Accepting Applications for Multiple Goldboy Positions

sora87

I hope they don't break up the next retro in to parts, there was a pretty big dip in viewers between part 1 and 2 of the Deus Ex one.
Might have been better just putting it out as a 50 minute video.

Burt

Is there a podcast tonight?
They did it live on Twitch last night, so if you want it, it's there. Dunno how they're doing the official release, whether they're putting the final cut out to everyone today since it's already on Twitch or if they're sending it out on Friday because anyone who wants it early can already get it and they have another patreo video they're cutting to make up for the early non-patron release.

I hope they don't break up the next retro in to parts, there was a pretty big dip in viewers between part 1 and 2 of the Deus Ex one.
Might have been better just putting it out as a 50 minute video.

One of the main reasons part 2 got fewer views is that it came out after Mankind Divided. Breaking it up wasn't the original plan, but due to a number of other factors, it became a necessity to get something out on time. However in hindsight it really feels like the better way to go. 45 minutes is a lot to digest at once. Plus, if we had done it all at once, we could have missed Project Snowblind completely as fans brought that to our attention as we were wrapping up part 1.

Wagram

Everyone's hard passing on Bravely Second hurts. The game was really good. I wouldn't expect it to win a mainstream GOTY, but i'm still thinking about that game months after I played it.

Jones is super good at improv. I wonder if he just takes notes of things annoying people do and files those behaviors away in his brain. That priest character is so believable. I feel like I've had that guy as a patient a million times.

I think that's my favorite Fiasco they've ever done. I really appreciate this one was more grounded and didn't go so so off the rails. Also the Brandon and Kyle dynamic was amazing. Everyone is so good at improv but Brandon really was the breakout hit.

Loved it.

wiibomb

This Fiasco was amazing... like... truly amazing.

It was so amazing there were actual tears in the acting, I can't believe the commitment.

They really need to do more of these

Somebody else is going to have to make the OT2 btw because Hasney got clipped in that Maximilian thread in gaming last week (or earlier this week).

Auctopus

Somebody else is going to have to make the OT2 btw because Hasney got clipped in that Maximilian thread in gaming last week (or earlier this week).

If Hasney's ban is just a week, I think he should be back in time to copy his old one and shift it to a new OT.

If not, I'll nominate myself. I made the Driveclub OT: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1168343

and I made the show banners in the current EZOT.

But for the most part, I'd just take Hasney's work and move it to a new thread.

NB. As I said, his ban might be lifted in time but nobody knows how long it is.

Tankard

One more voice for more Fiasco, it was awesome. Made me finish watching the other Fiasco with the two guests from Double Fine, it was really funny too.

Fiasco episodes usually tend to start slow and escalate pretty quickly towards the end, this one was on point from the start though, so good!
Jones was particularly great, we absolutely need more Jones RP! :)

Would be really cool to have an official Fiasco show on the schedule, but it is nice they have something to fall back on when they can't make one of the regular shows.

wiibomb

so the cat is out the bag!

I'm just a little disappointed he seems to be working primary behind the scenes, I love that man's work on camera.

EDIT: The Doritos Pope + The Bud Light Bishop??? seems like the gaming Vatican is shaping up!

From the Geoff thread:

Kyle is working behind the scenes but will also likely be on camera from time to time - he's shooting something this weekend that may make it into the premiere.

Oh whow... Um... This is kinda weird. I was 100% it would be a behind the scenes thing only.
I know EZA wasn't built around them being exclusively there, but still... I don't know, no hard feelings, just feels kinda weird. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sora87

I'm not surprised Bosman will be on camera from time to time, Geoff is a big fan of his and knows his strengths, he'd be silly not to utilise all of them

Easy Allies could really use a female ally , right now its a sausage fest, I dont think they can afford it tho. maybe in the 5 year annyversary

c4NNKR6.gif

Don't forget Sophie :(

Auctopus

I know EZA wasn't built around them being exclusively there, but still... I don't know, no hard feelings, just feels kinda weird. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Patreon is funding the EZA Project, not Kyle's life. He's also stated that the job will not interfere with his roles at EZA.

Since it seems we are 2 pages away from the thread limit, might we get some thread title suggestions going?

If it's got to be a random quote from a stream then I think Easy Allies |EZOT2| 'Til The Wheels Off from Don's little speech on the Anniversary Stream works well.

Edit: Or just Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom