• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just first episode, more allies will be on the show in the future, I think.

Looking at the low views the show got, I don't know. That show seems to have a lot of staff involved, and right now - looking at the view count, Bosman at home got more youtube views and that was just him.

Yakuza 6 looks awesome, woah. But... I have no way catching up with the series, so blah. Got I want a future where we can play anything on everything so badly.

Let go and do it. That video and Ben's awesome stream have convinced me.

I'm going all in.
iqf9Ws9.jpg

It's just first episode, more allies will be on the show in the future, I think.
That's a pretty big assumption

Just because Kyle has another job doesn't mean he's automatically bringing his EZA coworkers to it as well. Would be awesome but don't expect that. He's creating a segment for someone else's program at the moment. If it was the "Keighley and Youtube Present - An Easy Allies Joint: Dear Bosman" then sure

Mario007

I can understand him. As others have said, at Keighley's show he can have higher production values (set and editing) than EZA can (currently) provide. It also allows him to not have to put all his eggs into one basket. In a rather precarious business like this this cannot be understated, especially since EZA's long-term success is naturally still uncertain.
Honestly just look at how a similar show kn EZA, Huber Syndrome, is produced. They shoot a couple of episodes in a row and it did reflect rather badly on the show at the start till Huber got comfortable with the setup.

That sort of a shooting would damage Bosman even more given that he talks about current affairs.

wapplew

That's a pretty big assumption

Just because Kyle has another job doesn't mean he's automatically bringing his EZA coworkers to it as well. Would be awesome but don't expect that. He's creating a segment for someone else's program at the moment. If it was the "Keighley and Youtube Present - An Easy Allies Joint: Dear Bosman" then sure

Keighley still have good relation with EZA right? I think he will invite allies to the show as guest from time to time.

Burt

Keighley still have good relation with EZA right? I think he will invite allies to the show as guest from time to time.

In a YouTube Red world, a Patreon with a relatively tiny YouTube following which streams primarily through Twitch is way, way, way, way down the list of guests to have on. The entire purpose of the show is for YouTube to promote its own major channels and help at the attempt to establish YouTube Gaming as a challenger to Twitch.

The show didn't forgo commercials; those YouTube guest hosts that ... erm... aren't being listed as anyone's favorite aspect of the show were the commercials. EZA isn't a large enough commercial product for YouTube to warrant having Allies on the show.

Maybe that'll change down the line, but even then, you're talking about having people from your sidekick's side gig come on, which is.. weird. If the show's season goes beyond the holiday rush and the format changes in the post-season lull to something more content/discussion-focused than YT/AAA game-focused, we might get Jones on once in the rotation. Even that's probably doubtful though.

sidenote: I found that rugged hobo box that the PSVR came in to be hilarious

Auctopus

Lol, the salt at Dear Bosman. He's not your puppet. I'm starting to not be surprised when the YouTube comments are healthier than the discussion in here.

No. This isn't an EZA joint, he may at some point be able to bring exposure to the venture somehow (probably indirectly) but the whole crew isn't coming ever - completely separate thing.

Karu

I'm starting to not be surprised when the YouTube comments are healthier than the discussion in here.
whatever else is going on... yeah, no, no chance. =D

Started watching Blood's Comix Zone stream... never heard or seen anything of this game, but godamn, that's one ultra-stylish game! Almost wondering why this comic-style presentation never caught on... or did it? Not that familiar with the Brawler/ighter-genre etc.

I think it was clear from the beginning that Kyle was holding back his Final Bosman successor for something bigger than EZA. It's disappointing but I've made peace with it and I'm glad he's still on board with eza in a big way. It's understandable to prioritise your career and commendable to not forget about your friends or fans in the process of doing so.

AlucardGV

Banned
Yakuza 6 looks awesome, woah. But... I have no way catching up with the series, so blah. Got I want a future where we can play anything on everything so badly.

again, and this happened with Huber too, jump in wherever you want. if you have a ps3, 3-4-5, are all fine, they're all different stories. 3 has a recap for 1 and 2, and you can probably watch it on youtube
the serie has some of the most hypest fighting scenes

I think it was clear from the beginning that Kyle was holding back his Final Bosman successor for something bigger than EZA. It's disappointing but I've made peace with it and I'm glad he's still on board with eza in a big way. It's understandable to prioritise your career and commendable to not forget about your friends or fans in the process of doing so.

final bosman were 10-15 minutes long and they had a theme, Dear Bosman looks to me like a short comedy shot, they're not exactly the same thing. i woldn't call it the final bosman successor

Karu

Trying to listen to the FFXIV live podcast - and I can't confirm this, but as it also happens on his/your stream, I assume it was Damiani, but is there any chance to get rid of the typing, audio-wise? Especially for a podcast where the talking is the main focus, it is really distracting. I am probably not the first one to bring it up, but still thought it was worth a comment, thanks. (If it wasn't you, same goes for the other podcast members, still. Sounded like you are a regular?)

again, and this happened with Huber too, jump in wherever you want. if you have a ps3, 3-4-5, are all fine, they're all different stories. 3 has a recap for 1 and 2, and you can probably watch it on youtube
the serie has some of the most hypest fighting scenes
Sadly I'm lacking the console right now. Won't be able to play my PS3 again before next year June. :-/

Edit: Series is obviously not running away from me, just sad i can't partake right now, heh.

AlucardGV

Banned
Sadly I'm lacking the console right now. Won't be able to play my PS3 again before next year June. :-/

Edit: Series is obviously not running away from me, just sad i can't partake right now, heh.

ps4? yakuza 0 is a prequel of the first, so it's probably the best place to jump in

diablogod

Seriously congrats to Bosman. He's still keeping his EZA commitment, and now he's getting paid to do a version of his own show (you know the one he was putting together for us in his spare time for free.) He also gets to work with Geoff best in the biz Keighley.

sora87

Lol, the salt at Dear Bosman. He's not your puppet. I'm starting to not be surprised when the YouTube comments are healthier than the discussion in here.

This is a bit strong, nothing discussed here is really salty or worse than youtube comments.

mcw

Someone that I like, who produces content that I like, is now getting paid to produce more content that I like, while also continuing to produce more content that I like with other people that I like.

What's not to like?

Budi

Someone that I like, who produces content that I like, is now getting paid to produce more content that I like, while also continuing to produce more content that I like with other people that I like.

What's not to like?

Well put. Also, I find it hilarious that people on internet gaming forum haven't heard about internet search engines. That people might use when they find someone interesting creating content to the web. For example, Dear Bosman by Kyle Bosman. "Hmm, I like the guy! Too bad I have no idea to figure out if he has done anything else, I just stick to this 3 minute bit weekly." Meaning the EZA promotion isn't neccessary. Not to say it couldn't be helpful, but Kyle just appearing and gaining more fans helps too. I also can't see any reason for some other Allies to not appear in the show at some point. I don't think every youtuber shown at the first episode is a regular. Though personally I wish it would be less tuber heavy and more about the professionals especially in the business of making games.

What's not to like?

That last one for a start.
Geoff's show was filled with the worst people from YouTube. Bosman working on the same show as Angry Joe and ihascupquake instead of Huber or Ian is painful.

Joqu

Bit random, but are any of the Easy Allies Ace Attorney fans? Obviously I can't expect them to be into everything out there so it's okay if not, but I'm finishing up SoJ's DLC case right now and that game's been so good in my opinion. Just craving some discussion about it.

I mean, it strikes me as a game Ben'd enjoy for example. Sure it's different but I know he's into some visual novels at least, and he does like his handhelds.

I think Kyle did a thing for his carreer, as one should. He probably saw from that start ohf EZA that he had to preserve the Final Bosman card and play it at the right time. He was very respectful and fair with its coworkers and his fan in his decision to put the show on hiatus after GT's closure. He was very firm about that, and now he's finally trying to bank on that decision.
Does that make him Corporate Kyle? You're free to call him that, but for me he had the guts to do the right thing and face criticism if necessary.

Ruruja

Let go and do it. That video and Ben's awesome stream have convinced me.

I'm going all in.

Hehe nice! I did the same thing. I always wanted to play the Yakuza games, but Huber's description of Yakuza 0 at E3 and his and Ben's joy and hype over it made me dive in.

I recently beat 1 and I'm 3/4 of the way through 2, then I've got 3, 4 and 5 on my PS3 to play!

Absolutely loving it so far, Kazuma is a legend.

EDIT: Haha, just saw Sega America commented on that Easy Allies video of Yakuza 0.

AlucardGV

Banned
jeez some of the posts here.

anyway, don't compare dear bosman to final bosman, they're different. i like both, dear bosman was funny but final bosman was usually more toughtful
first dear bosman was pretty much comedy

Budi

Dear Bosman has great potential as a segment. I look forward to more of it.

I'm pretty certain he did exactly this atleast on one of the Final Bosman episodes where he received letters from different videogames. Or have I been dreaming? And yeah, it was great!

jeez some of the posts here.

anyway, don't compare dear bosman to final bosman, they're different. i like both, dear bosman was funny but final bosman was usually more toughtful
first dear bosman was pretty much comedy

For the short time he got, I found the clip to be quite thoughtful. While the Battleborn mention was just a joke though. Especially if compared to the angry minute which had no thought at all just acting outrage and browsing a shop.

What did Ian even say to warrant that rubbish? That's it okay to boycott a company if they support terrible stuff? I thought right wingers were all for the free market?

It didn't seem like the Allies had a good understanding of that mess though. First off, he absolutely did do it. The Daily Beast posted screenshots of their initial correspondence with him where he confirmed it and even his buddy, Milo Yiannopoulos (noted bigot and all round awful human being), confirmed it too. Second, Palmer Lucky didn't just fund a pro-Trump/anti-Hillary shitposting organisation, he was the co-founder of a white supremacist shitposting organisation. He's human garbage.
That youtube comment section for that episode is a real embarassment. Just shitting all over Ian. Didn't know that a lot of their audience was so right wing.

Joqu

That youtube comment section for that episode is a real embarassment. Just shitting all over Ian. Didn't know that a lot of their audience was so right wing.

Oh yeah. The youtube comments on EZA videos can be pretty darn bad, especially when Ian is involved. Like uncomfortably so. I know it's YouTube and all, but I'm always surprised cuz I keep believing we've got a chill community. A lot of these people seem to be dedicated fans too, so I can't just dismiss it as a youtube thing even if I don't notice as much of it at the other places :/

Oh yeah. The youtube comments on EZA videos can be pretty darn bad, especially when Ian is involved. Like uncomfortably so. I know it's YouTube and all, but I'm always surprised cuz I keep believing we've got a chill community. A lot of these people seem to be dedicated fans too, so I can't just dismiss it as a youtube thing even if I don't notice as much of it at the other places :/
Keep in mind they are still a gaming channel. You are going to get shitty "gamerrr" idiots who troll and say stupid shit anonymously

Yikes, Comix Zone looks terrible. Kudos to my mother for not buying it for me when I was a kid. That would have been some major frustration for a 9 year old.

Joqu

Keep in mind they are still a gaming channel. You are going to get shitty "gamerrr" idiots who troll and say stupid shit anonymously

Yeah I know. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's just a minority of jerks. It's just that I've gotten into arguments w/ some of them in the past ( ...I try not to do that anymore because it didn't accomplish anything) and they did seem to be pretty darn serious about "their" Easy Allies despite being hugely disrespectful towards some of them. So that weirded me out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom