• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philippo

Can you imagine Michael P. Huber hosting a conference like that?

Good God...

The best thing would be if he gets to announce a game he himself knows nothing about and see him freak out on the stage.

"And now, please ENJOYYY this new game from... Capcom? Wait what?"

*trailer for Onimusha Reboot plays*

"OOOOOOH MY GOD I CANT BELIEVE IT HAVE YOY SEEN GUYS IM SWEATINGGGG"

Awesome news Ben. In just a year you've become one of the best hosts in the game.

I'd love to see Kyle host something at some point. He was always an interesting wildcard in GT Live interviews

Mista Koo

I'd love to see Kyle host something at some point.
DiNAjHe.jpg

Loving this week's Syndrome

Though I have to say, I'm surprised Huber of all people is throwing out spoilers like candy with no disclaimer. Lol

EDIT: Wow this Dark Souls DLC looks like bullshit difficulty wise

Loving this week's Syndrome

Though I have to say, I'm surprised Huber of all people is throwing out spoilers like candy with no disclaimer. Lol

EDIT: Wow this Dark Souls DLC looks like bullshit difficulty wise

Vaati said he was able to kill
the angels
but no one else at his demo figured it out.

In light of the press getting a Switch 15 days earlier, any chance that Nintendo will send one to EZA?

In the bonus stream last night Kyle said they haven't received a pre-release switch.

And remember that they didn't receive a review copy of Pokemon Sun/Moon (which was common at their time at GT) so for Nintendo their work at GT didn't auto-convert to EZA. If that didn't happen at EZA, I doubt that Nintendo would send an hardware.

Budi

Congrats Ben on the gig, sounds awesome! Even though I haven't played much of Suda51 games (only one I think) I loved your E3 interview with him. This will be great too, you are a treasure.

Bit late to comment the For Honor tournament, been busy playing it myself. But god damn it was excellent. While there were some matchups that felt bit unfair ofcourse, the excitement of the group made up for it. I loved how people reacted to everything new they saw, the reactions for the ring outs for example. Online when you do that people just get salty and start insulting you. I just wished that character variety would been a bit better and people would do those executions :p That bothered me a bit, there's a prompt right on the screen! Also it was fun to see Sarah, I main female raider myself and she did good job on the campaign I think. My friend who only has watched me play through Steam broadcast also has said that he loves female raider's voice. But the real highlight for me in the stream was Don wrecking the "Souls Boys" :p Took them to school.

Axass

In the bonus stream last night Kyle said they haven't received a pre-release switch.

And remember that they didn't receive a review copy of Pokemon Sun/Moon (which was common at their time at GT) so for Nintendo their work at GT didn't auto-convert to EZA. If that didn't happen at EZA, I doubt that Nintendo would send an hardware.

They got an invite to the Switch press event just a month ago though.

Kneefoil

The Allies don't ever play PC games with their group stream setup, do they? Just thought that Invisigun would make for a good group stream after seeing TotalBiscuit's WTF is... about it, but I think it's PC only.

The Zelda Season Pass discussion really cracked me up this week, and pretty much summed up my feelings on the entire thing.
Eh, I didn't think it was that great. They immediately jumped to the conclusion that the story content may have been cut from the game to keep from having to delay Zelda again but then forgave Resident Evil 7 for having 2 DLC bundles immediately after launch, which each contain content that seems much more like it was cut from the main game or at least contained modes that used to be included in past games. I find the RE7 DLC bundles to be much sleazier than they did.

They want a trailer or something for the story content and more information (which would definitely be nice, agree there) but maybe there isn't much more information about that content because it is still being formulated. Now, Nintendo should not have announced anything if there wasn't more information to provide but don't people seem to prefer that a game comes out before they start work on the DLC instead of having it ready literally the next week?

There has certainly been a dearth of information, in general, from Nintendo about some pretty important launches that are just a couple weeks away but nobody has to make a decision about the Zelda expansion pass right now. So the logical conclusion, which doesn't make for very interesting conversation, is to simply wait until Nintendo release an adequate amount of information to allow us to decide whether it is worth it or not.

Congratulations to Ben; you are such a great host. I will watch the stream later.

On another note: There seems to be a lot of niggling **** going on towards the members of EZA? They have seemed so self-conscious about the words they have used in the last two podcasts (we all have this problem if we look at ourselves) and Michael Huber posted a tweet yesterday about feeling bummed out by people not taking him seriously because he is hyped.

I don't follow the forums closely and I don't use Twitter (I just saw it from Huber congratulating Ben about his interview from the EZA site) but these obviously must be the places where these 'issues' are being raised.

I am at odds as to whether I should have even posted this as I don't want to stoke anything up; it just seems to be a 'thing' at the moment where EZA are being targeted more than before...?

Late edit:

I will also add that your content has become like a comfort blanket to me in the last couple of months in particular. The end of 2016 was fucking awful (and to be honest 2017 is because of this) and having your videos available to watch has really helped me so to all at EZA: I cannot thank you enough.

Budi

Does it have its own thread yet?

Was also wondering this, didn't find one when searched. Curious to see how and if people who aren't familiar with EZA before react to Ben interviewing them. The reactions to the guy hosting the event seemed divisive.

Edit: Oh if someone here is going to make a thread, please don't make it like an EZA promo. :p It's about the developers after all.

jonno394

Listening to the podcast, think the guys are far too harsh (and people in general tbh) on the announced Zelda season pass. Not knowing what's in it means a few things to me: 1) They're still working on the content so it's not stuff they've purposefully removed 2) You don't need to buy until you know what's in it..

"we just want a sweet Zelda game" says Ian, well you're getting a sweet Zelda game. Just that there's add on stuff in like 5-10 months if you want too.

Listening to the podcast, think the guys are far too harsh (and people in general tbh) on the announced Zelda season pass. Not knowing what's in it means a few things to me: 1) They're still working on the content so it's not stuff they've purposefully removed 2) You don't need to buy until you know what's in it..

"we just want a sweet Zelda game" says Ian, well you're getting a sweet Zelda game. Just that there's add on stuff in like 5-10 months if you want too.
But they're asking for money in advance of said details. That makes it fair game. Especially when you read the limited info and see a $20 price tag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom