• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |OT3| "That sounds like the GameTrailers guy!"

Marow

Hey, thanks for everyone wanting an invite. We're still trying to organize everything with it, so if you would like one, and haven't got in, quote me and we'll get them too you when we can.
I wouldn't mind an invite. I never posted here (I think), but I do watch EZA and have been a fan since GT. Those to enjoy EZA seem to be friendly people, too.

ReVoid

Neo Member
Hey, thanks for everyone wanting an invite. We're still trying to organize everything with it, so if you would like one, and haven't got in, quote me and we'll get them too you when we can.

Long time lurker here, could I also get an invite? Thanks.

ToonLink

In the very brief time I've been at the EZA forums I discovered it's not somewhere I wanna hang my hat. Too much sweeping of difficult but important topics under the rug. And a pervasive anti-gaf sentiment.

It seems like the most frequent posters there are of the ilk that the youtube comments are.

Same. And well, this is one of the moderators:

https://twitter.com/ChaosBahamut/status/922565824300253184
https://twitter.com/ChaosBahamut/status/922624863768104965

So I can't say I have a lot of confidence in how the forum is run. As a woman and a minority, I feel extremely uncomfortable posting in a forum where a gator is one of the staff, so yeah, it's not somewhere I want to hang out either. Very disappointing.

Nasbin

So I can't say I have a lot of confidence in how the forum is run. As a woman and a minority, I feel extremely uncomfortable posting in a forum where a gator is one of the staff, so yeah, it's not somewhere I want to hang out either. Very disappointing.

Underpopulated forums with lax moderation are a magnet for frogmen, especially gaming forums. EZA crew needs to do some house cleaning.

BBboy20

WHAT THE FUCK!? That user says the F word and the mod still responded in kind!

ilium

If you see me on the Monster Hunter GAF discord, drop me an invite to the EZA channel, not going to log in on my GAF account after this post.
The direct line of communication with the allies made this a really special place, and I want to thank everyone for a relaxed atmosphere (well, mostly :p ) and some fun times.

Goodbye everyone

WEEKLY HUNTS

Black_Red

I'd like an invite too please D:
I don't post a Lot, but I always watch conferences with the EZA streams. (Their optimism cancels my pessimism lol)

tok9

I get the feeling EZA don’t want to have any politics on their site, which I get because they are a gaming site. However, part of the alt right and gamer gate politics is to stifle or silence discussion. Because if people can’t talk about wage gaps, under representation, and many other inequalities that are seen as political then the gamer gaters are getting exactly what they want. I fear that is what is now going to happen to this site.

Ps gamer gaters are one of the main reasons politics is inseparable from gaming now, and then those same people are then going to turn around and say keep it out of gaming forums.

Hey guys,

I'm one of the moderators on the EZA forums. I cannot speak for Chaosbahamut but I do want to talk about the forums.

I understand this sentiment that the forums have not been the most welcoming from all our posters. In particular, the Gaf related thread needed some cleaning up. I think this kind of conflict will always occur naturally due to a sudden change.

I just want to say that we want the forums to be welcoming and respectful to people. We are completely against bigotry, discrimination, sexism etc. If anything along those lines come up, please flag the post and we'll look into it.

As for political discussion on the forums, you can read our charter, there is absolutely nothing against talking about political subject matter. Personally, I've brought up some stories and welcome discussion on those serious issues. Like with everything else, we want people to discuss the topics respectfully and if there are any issues, we'll moderate them as they are needed.

I'm not the best with words and there is some rambling there but I hope you're not completely against returning to the forums some time to post what interests you, your thoughts, feedback etc... because you are welcome and I'll do a better job to make it so newcomers do feel welcome.

ToonLink

Hey guys,

I'm one of the moderators on the EZA forums. I cannot speak for Chaosbahamut but I do want to talk about the forums.

I understand this sentiment that the forums have not been the most welcoming from all our posters. In particular, the Gaf related thread needed some cleaning up. I think this kind of conflict will always occur naturally due to a sudden change.

I just want to say that we want the forums to be welcoming and respectful to people. We are completely against bigotry, discrimination, sexism etc. If anything along those lines come up, please flag the post and we'll look into it.

As for political discussion on the forums, you can read our charter, there is absolutely nothing against talking about political subject matter. Personally, I've brought up some stories and welcome discussion on those serious issues. Like with everything else, we want people to discuss the topics respectfully and if there are any issues, we'll moderate them as they are needed.

I'm not the best with words and there is some rambling there but I hope you're not completely against returning to the forums some time to post what interests you, your thoughts, feedback etc... because you are welcome and I'll do a better job to make it so newcomers do feel welcome.

Thank you for the warm and welcoming post. I hope it didn't come across as me painting the entire staff with the same brush. I appreciated the effort you guys put in in trying to keep the neogaf thread peaceful and welcoming. It's just when one of the staff states he'll only tolerate or listen to us as much as he needs to for his position, it doesn't make us feel exactly welcome. Not to mention him thanking a user who called as f*gs, for bringing us to his attention. That's very discouraging. Again, I don't think any of this is the result of you doing a bad job, so I'm sorry if it came across that way.

tok9

Thank you for the warm and welcoming post. I hope it didn't come across as me painting the entire staff with the same brush. I appreciated the effort you guys put in in trying to keep the neogaf thread peaceful and welcoming. It's just when one of the staff states he'll only tolerate or listen to us as much as he needs to for his position, it doesn't make us feel exactly welcome. Not to mention him thanking a user who called as f*gs, for bringing us to his attention. That's very discouraging. Again, I don't think any of this is the result of you doing a bad job, so I'm sorry if it came across that way.

Not at all and I totally understand where you're coming from. I just wanted to get my point of view across, let people know where we're at.

As I mentioned initially, it's not really my place to talk about the things I don't have full control over. I'm trying to see both sides and make the best decision on that. Just know that we all see and hear the feedback and it is being listened to.

Auctopus

I've actually never used discord before, might be time to try it out

It's very good for the most part, though might I suggest that the GAF one doesn't have so many channels as the EZA one. I like how this thread has a collection of conversations, I feel if we separated by the conversation by show or platform we'd kill the conversations/flow.

Maybe a separate channel for Tabletop spoilers etc.

munchie64

Hey guys,

I'd also like to thank you for this post.

I'm definitely going to try out the EZA forums when I get some more free time.

ShadyK54

Hey everyone. Just been working some stuff out.

So as not to take forever dishing out individual invites, if you would like to be invited, just add and message
nothingtoseehere
on Discord WITH your GAF name, and we'll go from there.

Sorry for holding anyone up!

EDIT: Sorry, edited the numbers for the name. Sorry.

Second EDIT: If you couldn't send a message, go ahead and try again. I should be able to get messages now.

Gurrry

Not sure if its the same as the regular EZA discord chat, but id like an invite to the gaf specific one if possible.

Top Bottom