• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |OT3| "That sounds like the GameTrailers guy!"

ShadyK54

For the new page.

Hey everyone. Just been working some stuff out.

So as not to take forever dishing out individual invites, if you would like to be invited, just add and message
nothingtoseehere
on Discord WITH your GAF name, and we'll go from there.

Sorry for holding anyone up!

EDIT: Sorry, edited the numbers for the name. Sorry.

Second EDIT: If you couldn't send a message, go ahead and try again. I should be able to get messages now.

Umibozu

So as not to take forever dishing out individual invites, if you would like to be invited, just add and message
ShadyK54#0167

Second EDIT: If you couldn't send a message, go ahead and try again. I should be able to get messages now.

Found you, but apparently you have a "samurai that slays all friend requests". Add
Auctopus#5997
if you like.
Sent a message to you both.
Same name as my gaf

Edit:If I don't make it into the discord I'll see you all on the other side

benzopil

ShadyK54#0167

Can't install this thing on my PC because of KernelDLL error, so sent you a request via browser version. Hopefully it works.

Hey, thanks for everyone wanting an invite. We're still trying to organize everything with it, so if you would like one, and haven't got in, quote me and we'll get them too you when we can.

I would like to

ToonLink

Not at all and I totally understand where you're coming from. I just wanted to get my point of view across, let people know where we're at.

As I mentioned initially, it's not really my place to talk about the things I don't have full control over. I'm trying to see both sides and make the best decision on that. Just know that we all see and hear the feedback and it is being listened to.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. I can tell the moderators are trying hard to make everyone feel welcome and that is sincerely appreciated. I will try my best to keep contributing positively to the forum.

Also I noticed that the mod in question is no longer a moderator on the forums, so that makes me feel a lot better about the situation.

L&R.

ShadyK54#0167

I could send you a friend request but not a message.

Visceir

Guess it's fair game for people here to start off their own discord channel but finding it strange to deem the other EZA one unfit and not meeting your purity standards, lol.

Not like I check in often, but they've had some fun EZA related original content when I've peeked in there.

Both Ben and Damiani have mod/admin status and seem to be frequent visitors.

Can't be bothered to change my homepage so I'll probably still be frequenting this thread.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Thank you for your patience and understanding. I can tell the moderators are trying hard to make everyone feel welcome and that is sincerely appreciated. I will try my best to keep contributing positively to the forum.

Also I noticed that the mod in question is no longer a moderator on the forums, so that makes me feel a lot better about the situation.

L&R.

To clarify, ChaosBahamut is no longer a mod?

If so, I'll be signing up for it today. Was thinking about it yesterday until I saw the posts here.

And it's gross to me that people such as the homophobic person the mod is talking to on Twitter are part of the EZA community as well, knowing full well than the Allies would want nothing to do with a person like that.

ToonLink

To clarify, ChaosBahamut is no longer a mod?

If so, I'll be signing up for it today. Was thinking about it yesterday until I saw the posts here.

And it's gross to me that people such as the homophobic person the mod is talking to on Twitter are part of the EZA community as well, knowing full well than the Allies would want nothing to do with a person like that.

That's right, yeah. I wasn't expecting a response or reaction, let alone one so fast, so that was a pleasant surprise.

And yeah I really don't get it either, but oh well. There are plenty of nice people in the community.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Guess it's fair game for people here to start off their own discord channel but finding it strange to deem the other EZA one unfit and not meeting your purity standards, lol.

Not like I check in often, but they've had some fun EZA related original content when I've peeked in there.

Can't be bothered to change my homepage so I'll probably still be frequenting this thread.

Can't speak for others but it has nothing to do with purity for me. It's more about not really wanting to force myself on a place I'm not compatible in regards to modding philosophy(you're free to instigate and provoke but don't you dare to take up the provocation and extend it to a discussion). If the people are happy there getting attacked/provoked for dumb stuff like simply coming over from gaf among other things that's fine but not for me don't need that stress.

In that sense it sucks that there is a split but for now I can't help but be happy to have another place that doesn't seem to attack people for stuff like that nor is in support of questionable things like the last night thing. Just created a very unwelcoming atmosphere for me personally but anyone else I encourage to check out the official discord and make their own picture. I would never assume my experience to be representative of anything in this case.

ZeoVGM

Banned
That's right, yeah. I wasn't expecting a response or reaction, let alone one so fast, so that was a pleasant surprise.

And yeah I really don't get it either, but oh well. There are plenty of nice people in the community.

Thanks for clarifying. Will be signing up today.

Another thing I want to throw out there: that homophobic guy that the mod was talking to on Twitter? I had to unblock him to see the post.

No idea why. But I tend to block GamerGate people on Twitter who harass me so based on his disgusting Twitter feed, that was likely it.

Budi

Same. And well, this is one of the moderators:

https://twitter.com/ChaosBahamut/status/922565824300253184
https://twitter.com/ChaosBahamut/status/922624863768104965

So I can't say I have a lot of confidence in how the forum is run. As a woman and a minority, I feel extremely uncomfortable posting in a forum where a gator is one of the staff, so yeah, it's not somewhere I want to hang out either. Very disappointing.
I really feel like an idiot trying to tell ChaosBahamut that Musou_Tensei (Torigasa Reta) is an open gamergater who uses homophobic slurs, when I was threatened with a ban for calling the guy pathetic and that he shouldn't be taken seriously. The egg on my face!

And for the discord thing, I'm not a fan and I've actively avoided it. But I guess it's time for me to get on with the times! Really don't want to lose this community here. Best place to talk about EZA imo. So I should download the app if I want to get an invite I guess? Can't just join with a browser?

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
I really feel like an idiot trying to tell ChaosBahamut that Musou_Tensei (Torigasa Reta) is an open gamergater who uses homophobic slurs, when I was threatened with a ban for calling the guy pathetic and that he shouldn't be taken seriously. The egg on my face!

And for the discord thing, I'm not a fan and I've actively avoided it. But I guess it's time for me to get on with the times! Really don't want to lose this community here. Best place to talk about EZA imo. So I should download the app if I want to get an invite I guess? Can't just join with a browser?

Yeah dude I had to start using discord since everything went down. Just download the app and click on the invite. It's really straightforward.

ShadyK54

You can use Discord through a browser, yeah. Just set up an account and everything. I'll PM you here with a link.

For others, my post above still applies: just add my tag & message me with your GAF name and I'll add you.

Budi

Yeah dude I had to start using discord since everything went down. Just download the app and click on the invite. It's really straightforward.
Discord can be used via web browser, no downloading needed. Just grab the invite link and it should prompt you to sign up/make an acc.

https://discordapp.com/register
You can use Discord through a browser, yeah. Just set up an account and everything. I'll PM you here with a link.
All right thanks, I'll take the necessary steps.

Even if kinda fell into this accidental admin role I'll be very honest: I don't feel comfortable splitting the community.

But everytime I tried to use the official EZA discord I've always got some.. weird vibes.
Last time I tried was right after the Las Vegas tragedy and people there were sharing images/links with gore. Straight up showing on the chat window. That's not EZA for me.

It does seem like things are changing so I'll keep checking it out. For the time being EZAGAF discord will at least fill its role for this transition period to keep this specific community together.

Auctopus

I’m not worried about “splitting” the community. They’re already taking snipes at the GAF Discord on the “official” channel. Making comments like it will be “peaceful” again once our Discord starts running.

I have no idea why they discriminate against people from a damn website but we know from the EZA Q&A video that it’s been going on for a while.

Which is funny ‘cause Hasney made the GT GAF thread a good while before GT even shut down and before most of those mods/patrons even knew about the guys. That’s not to make “We were here first” a mentality but to force out a group from your community who have been supporting and contributing the site for so long is very petty/weird.

ShadyK54

I cant find you on discord. What am i doing wrong?

Just go to 'add friend' and put in my tag. Hopefully I get your message.

EDIT: Since requests have slowed down considerably on my end, I'll be removing my tag from the post as a precaution. If anyone happens to come in late and see this post, just PM me for my tag.

Maximo

I'm not worried about ”splitting" the community. They're already taking snipes at the GAF Discord on the ”official" channel. Making comments like it will be ”peaceful" again once our Discord starts running.

I have no idea why they discriminate against people from a damn website but we know from the EZA Q&A video that it's been going on for a while.

Which is funny ‘cause Hasney made the GT GAF thread a good while before GT even shut down and before most of those mods/patrons even knew about the guys. That's not to make ”We were here first" a mentality but to force out a group from your community who have been supporting and contributing the site for so long is very petty/weird.

You would think people would actually follow Easy Allies moto of Love and Respect...

Dmax3901

Same. And well, this is one of the moderators:

https://twitter.com/ChaosBahamut/status/922565824300253184
https://twitter.com/ChaosBahamut/status/922624863768104965

So I can't say I have a lot of confidence in how the forum is run. As a woman and a minority, I feel extremely uncomfortable posting in a forum where a gator is one of the staff, so yeah, it's not somewhere I want to hang out either. Very disappointing.

Hey guys,

I'm one of the moderators on the EZA forums. I cannot speak for Chaosbahamut but I do want to talk about the forums.

I understand this sentiment that the forums have not been the most welcoming from all our posters. In particular, the Gaf related thread needed some cleaning up. I think this kind of conflict will always occur naturally due to a sudden change.

I just want to say that we want the forums to be welcoming and respectful to people. We are completely against bigotry, discrimination, sexism etc. If anything along those lines come up, please flag the post and we'll look into it.

As for political discussion on the forums, you can read our charter, there is absolutely nothing against talking about political subject matter. Personally, I've brought up some stories and welcome discussion on those serious issues. Like with everything else, we want people to discuss the topics respectfully and if there are any issues, we'll moderate them as they are needed.

I'm not the best with words and there is some rambling there but I hope you're not completely against returning to the forums some time to post what interests you, your thoughts, feedback etc... because you are welcome and I'll do a better job to make it so newcomers do feel welcome.

Thanks for these posts, appreciate it.

I could already tell that Torugasa dude was a piece of work, those tweets just cement it.

For others, my post above still applies: just add my tag & message me with your GAF name and I'll add you.

I was able to request you but the message said you were on a different server and it wouldnt go through. My discord is also iShouldGoPro

Kneefoil

Do the guys have an official discord or is this just for the gaf community?
There is an official EZA server, which I think you can find just by googling "Easy Allies Discord".

For the EZA-GAF Discord, contact Shady as instructed a few posts prior.

So we're all moving to ResetEra when that launches right?
Many of us are interested, but the current status of the community seems to be "wait and see how RE turns out". We didn't make it in time for the early registration waves anyway. Pretty likely that a lot of us end up there, though.

There is an official EZA server, which I think you can find just by googling "Easy Allies Discord".

For the EZA-GAF Discord, contact Shady as instructed a few posts prior.

Many of us are interested, but the current status of the community seems to be "wait and see how RE turns out". We didn't make it in time for the early registration waves anyway. Pretty likely that a lot of us end up there, though.

Registration is similar to registration on neogaf. Im sure theyll also have a grace period where theyll allow people to register with free email domains.

Kneefoil

Registration is similar to registration on neogaf. Im sure theyll also have a grace period where theyll allow people to register with free email domains.
Yep. I was talking about getting in by being vetted in a community Discord server, though. To my understanding, that's how people get in the earliest.

Yep. I was talking about getting in by being vetted in a community Discord server, though. To my understanding, that's how people get in the earliest.

The vetting is so that we don't have doxxers accidentally come in. A few discords had open invitation before they got attacked by outside groups and went into lockdown.

Top Bottom