• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |OT3| "That sounds like the GameTrailers guy!"

GreyHorace

They openly post on and support ResetEra to the detriment of their official forums and patreons. They also kowtowed when certain members whined about Peach Beach Splash and refused to play the game when it won the fan vote.

They may not be completely under the influence of SJW idiocy, but it certainly sits in the shadows and shows its face every now and again. It is most prevalent in any of the various sub-communities, official or unofficial.
Thanks for the reply. I can forgive them for supporting ResetEra, but only up to a point. I hope this Pedogate with Era will openly their eyes to how terrible that place is.

At least they're not as bad as the idiots that run Kotaku and Polygon.

Last edited:

rrice64

Neo Member
They openly post on and support ResetEra to the detriment of their official forums and patreons. They also kowtowed when certain members whined about Peach Beach Splash and refused to play the game when it won the fan vote.

They may not be completely under the influence of SJW idiocy, but it certainly sits in the shadows and shows its face every now and again. It is most prevalent in any of the various sub-communities, official or unofficial.

I have been a patron since the beginning of EZA. I was part of the group that voted for Peach Beach Splash. For one, I was playing the game at the time and it was a blast, and thought it would make a great stream. And two, of course it'd be fun to see their reactions to the antics in that game. When the stream came on that night, they were angry, nervous, bitter, and resentful that their audience would *make them* go against the patron's choice. "We should have known better. Of course they weren't going to play a game that objectified women." That smug moral high-ground and disregard for their paying audience's wants made me drop my Patreon pledge. I still listen to the podcast most of the time, I can't lie. I've loved Kyle Bosman since his Final Bosman show on Gametrailers. But man, some of the stuff they say and treat as gospel is insufferable.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member

In fairness, I have never seen any of the Allies post outside of their own Easy Allies topic. They rarely talk about bullshit like AgendaEra does. Take the THQ Nordic bullshit for example, they had maybe a 10 minute conversation and haven't mentioned it since plus, they're very interested in Darksiders Genesis and Biomutant. They seem to stay away from all of that shit 95% of the time if not more which is why I like them a lot. They simply talk about consoles and games while leaving all the bullshit for others to discuss.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
In fairness, I have never seen any of the Allies post outside of their own Easy Allies topic. They rarely talk about bullshit like AgendaEra does. Take the THQ Nordic bullshit for example, they had maybe a 10 minute conversation and haven't mentioned it since plus, they're very interested in Darksiders Genesis and Biomutant. They seem to stay away from all of that shit 95% of the time if not more which is why I like them a lot. They simply talk about consoles and games while leaving all the bullshit for others to discuss.

They shouldn't be posting primarily on a closed forum like that to begin with. They should be doing it on their official forums - a place anyone can sign up on without having the fear of being doxxed.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
They shouldn't be posting primarily on a closed forum like that to begin with. They should be doing it on their official forums - a place anyone can sign up on without having the fear of being doxxed.

Agreed but it is what it is. I like the majority of Allies and as long as they keep talking about games and keep all the bullshit to a minimum which they do, I'll keep watching them.

HE1NZ

Banned
People are giving Damiani too much shit. Personally I think his social awkwardness antics are far less annoying than Ben Moore's.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
that's a hottake if i've ever heard one! ben moore rules!

Ben is definitely one of my favorites.

In other news: Sad to hear about Huber’s brother as well. Between him and Ian, the Allies seem to be having a hard time of it this year. My heart goes out to both.

HE1NZ

Banned
that's a hottake if i've ever heard one! ben moore rules!
Ha. Talk about hijacking the moments. Ben talks way too much, sabotaging discussions with his sighing and grandstanding, only to reveal a few minutes later that he had nothing to say. He constantly trying to be Huber and appear hyped about everything, but it's all phony and been proven multiple times.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Ha. Talk about hijacking the moments. Ben talks way too much, sabotaging discussions with his sighing and grandstanding, only to reveal a few minutes later that he had nothing to say. He constantly trying to be Huber and appear hyped about everything, but it's all phony and been proven multiple times.

You literally just described Damiani.

rrice64

Neo Member
Ben is definitely one of my favorites.

In other news: Sad to hear about Huber’s brother as well. Between him and Ian, the Allies seem to be having a hard time of it this year. My heart goes out to both.

Yeah seriously. It's crazy watching life and death play out back to back with them right now. Ian and Huber losing people, but Jones and Amanda having their son early. It's all happening in quick succession.

iconmaster

Banned
Favorite Allies:

Bosman
Moore
Huber
Jones
Casanova
Ellis
Hinck
Damiani
Bloodworth

No offense to Bloodworth – I think I’d get along with him really well, and he keeps EZA a well-oiled machine. It’s just that when on a panel he tends to sound sleepy.

rrice64

Neo Member
Favorite Allies:

Bosman
Moore
Huber
Jones
Casanova
Ellis
Hinck
Damiani
Bloodworth

No offense to Bloodworth – I think I’d get along with him really well, and he keeps EZA a well-oiled machine. It’s just that when on a panel he tends to sound sleepy.

Blood's definitely more of a behind-the-scenes kind of guy. My order for their on-camera personality is pretty much the same.

iconmaster

Banned
Phase 4:

I fell off Tabletop Escapades a long time ago, so that's no skin off my back. If you don't watch every episode, you lose the thread very quickly.

Excited for those new shows.

There are stipulations on Stream Team, so it will not have the authority to dictate a Peach Beach stream. 😏

I found the Easy Allies podcast last year and it along with the Player One Podcast have been my go to's for listening to videogame news. For the most part, they stay away from the ERA vileness and focus on games which is what I care about. I had not heard about the Peach Beach stream issue which was saddening because I really thought they were above that. Hopefully they won't fall in with the "era" group fully and focus on games.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, the good thing about phase 4 is HOPEFULLY less solo streams and more group streams.

Like, if someone is at home and has NOTHING to do for EZA, then ok. Solo is fine. But to me, it is content I rarely watch.

BigBooper

If it means less Damiani on video it's a good change. I heard him start piping up on the Erica stream and he immediately sucked the energy out of the room until he shut up.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Good thing EZA doesn't read this forum, because some of you are saying pretty hurtful stuff.

I can't necesarily agree. Most folks here are fans of the Easy Allies and are simply criticizing actions taken by the Allies over the past few years. There are not many places where you can freely do so given the cult-like nature of the "Love and Respect" mantra that some have warped it into.

We are fans who simply want to see the Allies grow and improve.

Yeah, the good thing about phase 4 is HOPEFULLY less solo streams and more group streams.

Like, if someone is at home and has NOTHING to do for EZA, then ok. Solo is fine. But to me, it is content I rarely watch.

I am not a huge fan of streams in general as I prefer to play games than watch others play them, but on the rare occasion that I do decide to tune in, I would prefer not to see a single person playing FFXIV for 7 hours straight. Give me some wacky games with members who mesh well off each other. Let's see Huber and Ben play God Hand, or Kyle and Brandon play a Nuzlocke challenge in Pokemon!

Good thing EZA doesn't read this forum, because some of you are saying pretty hurtful stuff.
Yeah, instead they frequent a forum that revels in the suicides of people they dislike and has a pedo problem. Much better than dealing with the occasional "hurtful" comment or, as most would rightfully call them, critical comments.
It's a shame, really. EZA started off so well, but according to Graphtreon they've completely stagnated over the past year. At least they still put out decent reviews!

Last edited:
Yeah, instead they frequent a forum that revels in the suicides of people they dislike and has a pedo problem. Much better than dealing with the occasional "hurtful" comment or, as most would rightfully call them, critical comments.
It's a shame, really. EZA started off so well, but according to Graphtreon they've completely stagnated over the past year. At least they still put out decent reviews!

That's too bad if true. And yes, I'm not justifying their support of ResetEra. Just the Damiani comments seem mean spirited, but then again I don't mind him.

BigBooper

Frametrap is the only one I recommend trying. The official podcast is way too corporate industry to me.

Bosman's podcast is all about sales numbers, "the industry," and intentionally dense emails. Frame Trap is a lot more open ended and talking like normal people, but they do sometimes get hung up on their thesis of the week that you might have to fast forward past.

Incidentally, I've been enjoying their stuff much more lately because I just automatically skip through whenever Damiani is talking. Ian's actually pretty good at presenting stuff when he's not acting like he doesn't care about it. It's good to care about things and care about doing a good job, man. You're a lot better as a non nihilist.👍

Top Bottom