• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Echochrome 2 - Wow (PS Move)

MrPliskin said:
You're completely missing the point in light of finding a way to say "this isn't that neat". At least that is what is coming across in your post.

Using the controller as a flashlight is unique in it's feel. Using an analog stick to manipulate the light source is boring, and no different from manipulating a camera. Using the move feels like you're holding a flash light, and it's instantly recognizable and accessible. It is also immersive and connects you to the game far more than an analog stick, considering this isn't a game that relies on sound, visuals, story, or presentation.

I understand what its doing and what experience it is simulating, but I just don't find it all that amazing or suddenly this is something that shows me the light on why I should get Move. I'm a huge fan of Echochrome, and I've been a big supporter of Move and Sony's design on how they handle their implementation of motion controls, but I'm just not blown away like some of you guys are.

My key issue is that the light source seems to be 2D in its control. Having a 3D light would be by far more compelling and interesting. The game also clearly won't be Move exclusive if I recall, so clearly they need to make it playable and probably be very playable with a controller so I can only imagine that it won't play to the strengths that the Move offers.

I'm just in the camp that just because you can, doesn't make it amazing. You could make your camera control in a third person game work with move, but would anyone really want that? It would be worse than what is being done here, but it's a case where adding it, doesn't really add much at all and that's what I find here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all over Echochrome 2, and I'm a Day 1 purchaser of Move, but my skirt isn't being blown up like it is for some of you guys. The game excites me more than the fact that Move can control it. I admit I clearly see I'm in the minority, but I am surprised at how blown away people are. Was everyone this blown away with Silent Hill Shattered Memories?

Top Bottom