• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ed Boon teasing big Mortal Kombat news for tomorrow ($500K MK prize pool)

jbug617

Banned
SJ8jQMa.png
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/714899883916963840

Kombat Pack 2 for PC? VR? Cross-play between PS4 and XB1?

weekev

Banned
Mortal Kemnay X to be the other free ps+ game for April and a special discount for season pass.

it'll be dlc related

RhyDin

Ed Boon teased '500,000' on twitter

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/714923298828718080

Me thinks they smell blood in the PC water

This was the last thing I would have expected coming into this topic. As one of the many that were affected by the poor game on launch night and thereafter, I'm listening. If he drops the ball with something distasteful, though, I probably won't buy another MK game ever again (yes, I realized they outsourced the PC port, but they soured the ground).

BiggNife

XL for PC would be nice

It's kind of shitty that they are currently treating one of their platforms like it doesn't exist

Moaradin

I hope it's a PC update. They would need to add cross play though, because the PC playerbase for that game is completely dead.

At this point, he and WB should really be adding the word "console" when talking about MK news. Without the word is misleading as fuck.

pahamrick

Tease with the amount of copies PC version sold.

Announce it's prize pool for console version.

So, it'd be like they're trying to see how much they can enrage a user base. Now I kind of want this to happen, and I have the PC version.

Akronis

If it is MK XL for PC, wonder what they'll do for the current PC users who got the shit end of the stick with the original PC port?

Better offer a fucking upgrade path. They've already fucked up Arkham Knight, so I have no hope anyways.

I would die laughing if they re-sold it for $60 with the patch.

Kumubou

If it is MK XL for PC, wonder what they'll do for the current PC users who got the shit end of the stick with the original PC port?
I would imagine that it would be similar to how it worked with the original game on PS4 and XBone -- everyone gets the patch (so everyone gets the updated netcode and balance changes) and the Kombat Pack 2 can be purchased as a separate DLC pack.

Hopefully they're serious about cleaning up the PC version (the way they handled that was awful), although I can't blame anyone for not getting excited regarding anything WB does on the PC front.

Khezu

Either ESL prize pool, or PC release of MKXL.

When MS announced the crossplay stuff, Boon did comment saying how cool it would be for Xbox and PS4 versions of MKX to have crossplay. That might be too soon though.

Top Bottom