• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ed Boon teasing big Mortal Kombat news for tomorrow ($500K MK prize pool)

Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero HD!

Mortal_Kombat_Mythologies.jpg

Yudoken

I get the feeling that current PC owners would have to re-download the entire thing. Not pay for it, but...it seems like the PC code is a fucking mess.

No problem with that, even as someone with a shitty internet connection.

Release a fully working MK X XL version on pc and I'm back in.

Edit: Crossplay between all versions would be a instant buy if that happens.

Aaron

Starting to think he went totally bananas :-/
Boon is limited by what WB will let him do. I'm sure if it was his choice, the whole PC situation would have been handled differently. And even if their support has been shitty, MKX is still an incredible game on the PC. I bought it for local versus and more than worth it. I think they charge too much for the DLC that is there though.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I'm torn, because I like MKX, and I like the PC, but I also like trolling. The trolling potential is off the charts here.

NeoRaider

I'm torn, because I like MKX, and I like the PC, but I also like trolling. The trolling potential is off the charts here.

You think that Ed is trolling or? I mean we all know that he is big troll on twitter but do you really think that he would be joking about this after everything that happened? I am not sure he can afford that luxury.

PSqueak

Banned
i hope they're porting Freddy forward from MK 9, with all the horror movie characters, it just feels incomplete without him.

You think that Ed is trolling or? I mean we all know that he is big troll on twitter but do you really think that he would be joking about this after everything that happened? I am not sure he can afford that luxury.

Of course he can. He can say whatever the fuck he wants to people who aren't his customers anymore, although it would be mean spirited.

I think it's either MKXL for the PC or acknowledgement that MKXL just passed 500k sold.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I got to say, this game did a hell of a lot. Some of it was bad, like the nickel-and-dime DLC, but considering I didn't jump onboard until XL, that didn't color my personal perception of it. The single player content in this is insane. It's also the first Mortal Kombat I've enjoyed actually playing. I don't know where the series could go from here, but if this ends up being the XL content for PC gamers, they're in for a real treat. It's everything you could really ask for in a single-player experience.

RM8

Holy crap, I'm going to die if it's XL for PC. I need to keep my hype in check :x Pleaaaase, Boon. Please. MKX was almost my GOTY 2015, being abandoned by WB/NRS is legit one of the most upsetting things I've experienced in gaming :(

Hasney

Have they given a fatality to High Voltage and done a whole new version and then added the new netcode and DLC? Thsat'd be neat, but probably just the second part.

Neoxon

Either this is NRS giving a total of $500k to various majors or MKXL/KP2 for PC (hopefully w/ cross play).

vg260

Have they given a fatality to High Voltage and done a whole new version and then added the new netcode and DLC? Thsat'd be neat, but probably just the second part.

MKXL for Win10 UWP with Xbox crossplay/buy?

Already owning the Xbox version, I'd be ok with that over nothing, but I don't think that would go over very well.

I did think it was interesting how quiet they were being on the PC front, like something else was in the works that they couldn't talk about yet, kinda like how they sat on the new rollback code work even though they were supposedly working on it since launch, so it should be interesting to see what it is.

BigFwoosh

The pic in Ed Boon's tweet does remind me of the cutscenes of Sub Zero falling into a pit from MK Mythologies. I hope it's a remaster of that.

JarrodL

MKXL for Win10 UWP with Xbox crossplay/buy?

Already owning the Xbox version, I'd be ok with that over nothing, but I don't think that would go over very well.
You can say that again. I'm sure the 511k people who bought the game on Steam would jump in joy at the news that they can finally buy its full feature-complete version at some other store.

pahamrick

Even if it is news that XL/KP2 is coming to PC, and they're patching in the netcode I don't think it'll revive the PC player base much. Ideally, I'd like this to be updated because I still play it sporadically (local versus mostly) and I'm still waiting for the single player cut-scene issue to get fixed almost a year later before digging into story mode.

vg260

You can say that again. I'm sure the 511k people who bought the game on Steam would jump in joy at the news that they can finally buy its full feature-complete version at some other store.

Unless they gave out codes for the game :p

I was only half serious, and that would not fly at all in this case, but the idea of such of thing happening with the whole UWP thing now isn't far-fetched now, generally speaking.

I'm hoping it's an update to the Steam version with new netcode. If they somehow got cross-platform play working, that would be amazing, but I doubt that.

It's just weird there was no notable activity in the SteamDB, so maybe it's going to be a new store listing with entitlements if you owned the old one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What if it's entirely separate from MKX and you have to pay another 60 bucks for it?

Well, it's a Steamworks game and there's no activity on the MKX app to suggest there's a patch in the works. A separate app would also mean a fresh review score on the Steam Store.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
unless this announcement is "every PC owner of MKX gets upgraded to XL for free to make up for the colossal clusterfuck the PC launch was and virtual abandonment shortly after", they fucked up

prudislav

Well, it's a Steamworks game and there's no activity on the MKX app to suggest there's a patch in the works. A separate app would also mean a fresh review score on Steam.
well there is not much happening on steamdb , but still there are 3 passworded WB branches ( daily_qa1, wb_testing and test_qa1) with way bigger buildID than than the public version :-/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
well there is not much happening on steamdb , but still there are 3 passworded WB branches ( daily_qa1, wb_testing and test_qa1) with way bigger buildID than than the public version :-/

Yeah, but those builds are months old and I doubt WB is sitting on a complete patch.

Hasney

It's clearly a whole new app we don't yet know about for the new, no High Voltage codebase guys. Discounts making the game the price of DLC pack 2 for those that already own the game. Duh.

I live in hope.

vg260

That level of trolling is just disrespectful. Surely he's aware his tweets really suggested something PC related. I don't have the game for PC, but it just makes me mad.

Yeah, he deliberately highlighted a tweet about the PC version, definitely insinuating something was happening there. You don't abandon your customer base, go into full no comment mode, and then start teasing them. Really bad form to antagonize a segment of your rightfully pissed off audience.

Top Bottom