• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ed Boon teasing big Mortal Kombat news for tomorrow ($500K MK prize pool)

Khezu

Good news for Sonicfox, middling news for everyone else.
Insulting news for PC players.

Seems like the PC port isn't a money issue, WB just straight up wants nothing to do with PC.

FATALITY

Banned
His twitter isn't run by WB.

He promised same experience for both PC and Console players. We on PC never got that. I don't really care if it's WB or NRS or Ed. They are all disrespecting more than 500k ppl that paid for crappy, unfinished product with no support.

Plus he should just shut the fuck up and stop making things even worse with his childish behaviour and trolling online.

Was it WB who accessed his Twitter account and blatantly trolled the PC fanbase over the lack of support?

okay i didnt knew that. thats kinda shitty

DR2K

Banned
Good news for Sonicfox, middling news for everyone else.
Insulting news for PC players.

Seems like the PC port isn't a money issue, WB just straight up wants nothing to do with PC.

Yeah I was about to congratulate Sonic Fox as well.

to this I can only say:

Fuck-you-and-eyebrows.gif

man, this was bullshit.

I'll continue to make sure I purchase all WB PC games from cdkeys for 8 bucks. It will be a long long time before I buy one of their games for anything close to full price.

RM8

Dead or Alive on Steam, with an install base of 50k, gets all the current DLC. And that's Koei Tecmo. It's definitely not about money, it sucks :(

Alpha_Tango

Neo Member
I honestly don't think any game has ever made me feel robbed more than MKX, I legit feel like they stole my money it was so broken and unfit for purpose so I'm really pissed at this clown, it's a shame Steam refunds weren't a thing back then.

My thoughts exactly.

av2k

This is my train of thought and in the correct order.

Yep, MK was my first fighting game. I bought MK1-MK10 and never felt so disrespected before when I decided to get it for PC for the best experience. Even if he does release MK XL for pc, he's lost a fan for life. Then again, why should he care if he already have the console sales.

bleah

A-V-B

Yep, MK was my first fighting game. I bought MK1-MK10 and never felt so disrespected before when I decided to get it for PC for the best experience. Even if he does release MK XL for pc, he's lost a fan for life. Then again, why should he care if he already have the console sales.

bleah

Also my exact thoughts. Even moreso with ... this.

Okay, fine Ed, you've lost another fan who's been an MK freak since he was four years old and dressed up as ALL the classic ninjas for Halloween.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I honestly don't think any game has ever made me feel robbed more than MKX, I legit feel like they stole my money it was so broken and unfit for purpose so I'm really pissed at this clown, it's a shame Steam refunds weren't a thing back then.

They were, sort of. After Valve implemented the refund system, for the first month or so, just about every refund request was approved precisely because most users previously had no recourse. Here's one MKX example, just to rub salt in the wound. ;)

You could try submitting a refund request and explain the situation, stressing the fact that the game has been abandoned. The primary conditions aren't exactly set in stone specifically to account for special situations such as this.

A-V-B

They were, sort of. After Valve implemented the refund system, for the first month or so, just about every refund request was approved precisely because most users previously had no recourse. Here's one MKX example, just to rub salt in the wound. ;)

You could try submitting a refund request and explain the situation, stressing the fact that the game has been abandoned. The primary conditions aren't exactly set in stone specifically to account for special situations such as this.

The response would probably be: "Many games are abandoned after a certain amount of time. Sorry."

This will certainly be interesting. We will now find out if SFV becoming super big in the tournament scene because of cash money or people really love the game...cause now there's a new challenger in town offering similar amount of cash money.

Your post made me wonder, is this 500k offered up in direct response to SFV's poor release and the hope a fiercely competitive MK tournament scene will build its profile and convince more people to take it seriously?

Your post made me wonder, is this 500k offered up in direct response to SFV's poor release and the hope a fiercely competitive MK tournament scene will build its profile and convince more people to take it seriously?

has this ever worked before for a game that wasn't very popular in the competitive scene?

Top Bottom