• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge - 193 October scores & stuff

MadmanUK

Picked up from work today.

Cover - Heavy Rain

Reviews
Street Fighter IV - 9
Too Human - 6
Stalker: Clear Sky - 7
Facebreaker - 3
Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise - 7
Wario Land: The Shake Dimension - 6
PixelJunk Eden - 7
GW: Retro Evolved 2 - 9
Dragon Quest IV - 8
Space Siege - 4
Strong bad's Cool game - 4
Siren Ep 4-12 - 8
Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty - 8
Metal Slug 7 - 6
Rhythm Tengoku Gold - 7
Civ Rev (DS) - 7

Time Extend - Pikmin
Making Of - Narc

Huge 60 page section on gaming industry jobs/developer interviews.

I figured that the "Notes" page from the last issue was going to be in reference to the Brighton developer's conference, they did the same thing last year. Lot of interviews with people in the industry, how to get noticed etc...

Sick, I was expecting Killzone 2 cover (they teased they were in Amsterdam last issue) have you got a covershot?

Great scores for Street Fighter and across the board really.

Street Fighter, yes! A simple fighting game that scores so so highly, I am extremely pleased. I've been playing Street Fighter for literally over a decade so I'm very happy to see IV get a 9 in Edge. I'm a bit sad about Clear Sky's 7 as that was my number one most anticipated title over absolutely everything else, including other PC and console big hitters. Mind you, it's recieving the same critical flak as the first game did, so perhaps there is hope for me after all.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Street Fighter IV - 9
Too Human - 6
Stalker: Clear Sky - 7
Facebreaker - 3
Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise - 7
Wario Land: The Shake Dimension - 6
PixelJunk Eden - 7
GW: Retro Evolved 2 - 9
Dragon Quest IV - 8
Space Siege - 4
Strong bad's Cool game - 4
Siren Ep 4-12 - 8
Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty - 8

Metal Slug 7 - 6
Rhythm Tengoku Gold - 7
Civ Rev (DS) - 7

Download-a-ton.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Did anyone else notice that when Next-Gen.biz and Edge Magazine merged, they got rid of the Edge reviews database that used to list every single review from the Magazine's history?

Haunted

Notes page from last month apparently fits the dev interview section best.

Teaser page for next month is about what? I feel like I've seen that logo somewhere before. (Probably making myself look stupid for missing something obvious)

Ceb

Haunted said:
Notes page from last month apparently fits the dev interview section best.

Teaser page for next month is about what? I feel like I've seen that logo somewhere before. (Probably making myself look stupid for missing something obvious)

Communist hammer and sickle gag. So it's probably for LBP - "everyone's a creator", etc.

Btw, I thought the "notes" page was referring to the detective aspect of HR, but I guess the GDC explanation might be more accurate.

colinp

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
Did anyone else notice that when Next-Gen.biz and Edge Magazine merged, they got rid of the Edge reviews database that used to list every single review from the Magazine's history?

Now that you mention it, yep =/

They weren't really keeping it up to date anyway. You can usually still find scores on gamerankings.com, but it takes a bit longer to find them of course.

Ceb said:
Communist hammer and sickle gag. So it's probably for LBP - "everyone's a creator", etc.
They just previewed LBP, and I can't remember when they've ever had a review for their next month page. It's probably something developer orientated rather than a game.

It sort of reminds me of the OS X or maybe iPhone SDK logo, but I might be wrong. They just covered that recently.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
As long as the average for stalker is around 7 I think mods will boost it higher for everyone else :lol

jax (old)

Banned
love me some EDGE.

scores for most games sound about right but I always think you should deduct 1 off any game originating from the UK.

whats this about a dragon quest IV? i haven't followed it, I'm guessing a DS or PSP remake? WANT.

I'll check to see if the mag is on newstand.

Eteric Rice

Jax said:
love me some EDGE.

scores for most games sound about right but I always think you should deduct 1 off any game originating from the UK.

whats this about a dragon quest IV? i haven't followed it, I'm guessing a DS or PSP remake? WANT.

I'll check to see if the mag is on newstand.

DS remake.

Have you been under a rock? :p

Dragon Quest IX is coming to the DS as well.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
STREET FIGHTER FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUR!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Jax said:
I always think you should deduct 1 off any game originating from the UK.
2791851655_75ea2ce329_o.gif

Kyoufu

Man I'm suddenly hyped to play SFIV online on consoles. Its been so long since I played a SF game, and I've never played one online. DAY ONE!

Sean

Banned
Great scores for downloadable games.

Visualante said:
It sort of reminds me of the OS X or maybe iPhone SDK logo, but I might be wrong. They just covered that recently.

Nah the Xcode icon is a little different, it's not that.

Top Bottom