• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge #194 Reviews

Huggers

EmCeeGramr said:
EDGE SCORES ARE GRADED ON THE WHOLE SCALE OF 1-10.
5 IS AN AVERAGE PLAYABLE GAME OR AN INTERESTING CONCEPT HAMPERED BY SOME FAULTS.
IF WHATEVER SOFTWARE YOUVE EMOTIONALLY INVESTED YOURSELF INTO DIDNT GET ABOVE AN 8, DONT START BAWLING

Pretty please.

THIS ^

With regards to the preview of Resistance 2. It is only a preview, don't read too much into it. I remember the Ninja Gaiden 2 preview being highly skeptical, it ended up getting an 8. On the flip side, The Haze preview wasn't bad at all, and we all know how that one turned out

vib-ribbon.jpg

??

Haunted

- Spore [7] - That's about right.
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed [5] - See above
- Mercenaries 2: World in Flames [6] - EDGE does call out technical shortcomings, so the 6 was expected. (It's a 7 in my book)

- Crysis Warhead [8] - It's no Crysis (well you know what I mean), but it's fucking solid. You can't go wrong with the Cryengine 2 + nanosuit powers.

- De Blob [8] - Now that's what I'm talking about! The gameplay mght be a bit slow, but this game is fucking good. Support this baby, guys.
!

ivysaur12 said:
What did they say about Fatal Frame? I'm curious, as it wasn't something that was on my radar.

Very positive on atmosphere & Suda's contribution, praising controls - making a point of confronting the complaints about the "broken" flashlight controls and making the (familar to GAF) argument about deliberate limits on control in horror games being a good thing - and noting a couple of small niggles like a particular item acquired later that they felt made the game too easy in its latter stages.

Top Bottom