• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge 199

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen these pop up on another forum i go on, i will confirm if my postman doesnt get lost in the snow.:lol

Killzone 2 - 7

FEAR 2: Project Origin - 8

Halo Wars - 7

Race Pro - 8

House of the Dead: Overkill - 8

Let's Tap - 8

Deadly Creatures - 5

The Maw - 5

Lord of the Rings: Conquest - 2

Tenchu: Stealth Assassins - 6

Crayon Physics Deluxe - 7

Flower - 7

Boing! Docomodake - 7

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile - 6

"Shock to the System" - a look at PS3's Infamous
"Rocket Science" - article on Dark Void
"Art of Design" - art students get to play with LittleBigPlanet
"Age of Steam" - article about Steam
"Lost in Transition" - What happens to gaming history when the internet is responsible for maintaining it?

Time Extend: Freak Out (aka Stretch Panic)
The Making of... Hellgate: London

Rlan

HERE WE GO!

kidyell.gif

Animation142.gif

Let's Tap >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Killzone 2!!111!111

Ploid 3.0

Same score as Resistance 1 for KZ from eurogamer.

Edit; Oh what the crap!!! TRHEY did not just give flOwer a 7!! Those punks arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

mods I'm kidding.

I'm still buying it, even if it didn't get a 8.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
lol, no way. I was hoping better for FEAR 2.

edit: aww Halo Wars.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Here's my issue with review scores, especially when taken out of context. A 5/10 should be a pretty decent score. A 5 should be average, and the average game should be somewhat entertaining. That's their sole purpose. They only exist to provide entertainment. An average game is guaranteed to be more fun than your average kick in the balls.

But people see 5 and think fail and see 7 and think average. It's almost a reflex at this point.

VaLiancY

This thread should be nice and civil. :)

Good score for FEAR 2. I'm still saving up for PC parts to give it the right system to play on.

godhandiscen

VaLiancY said:
This thread should be nice and civil. :)

Good score for FEAR 2. I'm still saving up for PC parts to give it the right system to play on.
FEAR 2 has the lowest system requirements possible. A $600 PC can give you over 40fps at the higuest settings.
flipping_heck said:
Great score for Let's Tap and Hotd: Overkill
And FEAR 2, it also got a great score, but I was anticipating a 9.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
My plea to the the op, please remove the kz2 score and lets all pretend we never saw it. We have to lie... [/jack from lost]

VaLiancY

godhandiscen said:
FEAR 2 has the lowest system requirements possible. A $600 PC can give you over 40fps at the higuest settings.

And FEAR 2, it also got a great score, but I was anticipating a 9.

Sir, If I linked you my CPU-Z information, you'd cry of how bad my PC is.

Ploid 3.0

I think you "Uh oh" people are expecting too much. We'll see though. I hope they don't care about a review enough to act stupid over it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Private Hoffman said:
Hahaha. That's all I have to say.
having not read either review and seeing their justification?

suit yourself.

Sega fanboy very happy to see that the House of The Dead Overkill recieved an 8.

As a message board fan, I'm very interested to see further reactions from the Killzone 2 fans in the audience. On a side note, I just secured myself the ability to play Killzone 2 when it's released, can't wait to play it!

Race Pro - 8

Hmmm, got an 8 from Eurogamer as well, perhaps this might be worth picking up after all. If only Atari/Simbin would get the damned demo released :p

Now its time to bailout, before 'teh bias, teh bannings and teh lock'.

DrBo42

Ploid 3.0 said:
I think you "Uh oh" people are expecting too much. We'll see though. I hope they don't care about a review enough to act stupid over it.

Did you not see the IGN review thread? :lol

godhandiscen

VaLiancY said:
Sir, If I linked you my CPU-Z information, you'd cry of how bad my PC is.
It is fine. Just remember, Core i7 or AM3 if you want a system with upgrade capabilities, and that will last for at least 2 more years playing everything at higuest settings.

Boulayman

Nevermind FEAR 2 but I am REALLY curious as for how Race Pro, Let's tap and that house of the dead game got higher scores than Killzone 2 and Halo Wars

megateto

So this seems to come from the review:

This intimate, sizzling combat feels more like that of FEAR, but is actually more like [...] Black

A gun game of the truest sense, its bullets and ragdolls offer a literal take on the 'theatre' of war.

A quasi-tactical shooter, its action rivals any in STALKER or COD4

From the same source, a quick recap on the text:

But apparently the game has:
No sense of humour; too much swearing from your irritating co-soldier, Rico; story is awful; "defaults to the genre's worst impulse" all the time (using obvioiusly-placed hardware, for the most part).

Multiplayer is amazing, apparently, but (final paragraph):

Thanks largely to its online play, Killzone 2 should find itself a fanbase no one can overlook. In singleplayer, it's a testament to craft and imagination, if only because one is so immaculate while the other barely exists. It fights a great battle, it's just a shame about the war.

And another take on the review:

Just finished reading Edge's review of this, they liked the gunplay, the story 'stinks', the Helghast provide some of the best enemy AI seen yet, FEAR is name checked along with Stalker and COD4, the levels could be played in any order and still have no effect on the plot, multiplayer is good and probably bolsters the score of 7/10

Credit goes to Treble and windowlicker over at rllmuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom