• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE #203 Review Scores (Infamous, Punch-Out & Ghostbusters)

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
Courtesy/thanks goes to windowlicker @ rllmukforum

REVIEW SCORES

Infamous - 7

Ghostbusters - 7

The Sims 3 - 8

Punch-Out - 8

Boom Blox: Bash Party - 8

Velvet Assassin - 4

Fuel - 8

Damnation - 3

Muramasa: The Demon Blade - 6

Knights in the Nightmare - 6

Excitebots: Trick Racing - 4

Zeno Clash - 8

Terminator: Salvation - 3

TIME EXTEND

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

THE MAKING OF

Football Manager

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
in before the "oh no, my favourite exclusive only got a seven" followed by "an EDGE seven is a GOOD SCORE" followed by "EDGE and Eurogamer should just stick to the fucking Metacritic scale, FFS" followed by "EDGE and EG are the only ones doing it right, they're using the full scale" followed by "it's not like EG or EDGE are credible in any way. EDGE are biased toward English games, and Eurogamer don't even play the games before the review" followed by "its hardly fair to judge a publication over the actions of one writer" followed by "they don't use bylines, they are asking for it. they chose to publish it" followed by "b-b-b-but the Sims 3 scored higher and 50 Cent got a 7 too!" followed by "GO SUCK A FUCKING DICK"

Wait, ZENO CLASH got an eight!? I take everything back. Edge is declared credible, no one disagrees, thread prospers, sun shines, virgins are deflowered etc etc

obaidr

Banned
Fuel got a 4.5 from german PSM3, on of the best selling PS3 magazines over here. Something is really really wrong with edge.

Did anyone else notice that their Wii scores go up in increments of 2 this month?

If another Wii game came out, it would have either been perfect or absolutely terrible.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
inFamous is fuck awesome, but after playing it and completing, I think a 7 from EDGE is really appropriate. In my book it's an 8.5 game, though that's the highest score I can give a sandbox game.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
lawblob said:
I forgot this even existed. I look forward to the iPhone version. Could be fun.
I am intrigued.

Well, I'd say Punch Out!! is twice as good as ExciteBots...

Ghostbusters seems to be falling where I'd expect. Based on what I've seen of the cutscenes (hate them) the license alone isn't going to make the game a purchase for me.

Yes Boss!

I'd personally switch the Infamous and Excitebots scores but everything else seems about right. If Muramasa is anything like Odin Sphere I can understand the score.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Yes Boss! said:
I'd personally switch the Infamous and Excitebots scores but everything else seems about right.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

100_4327.JPG

Next issue page.

Let's read this excitebots review shall we.

CiSTM

Banned
Orbitcube said:
The Sims 3 > Infamous confirmed.

inb4SDF

Well yeah. SIMS ROCKS !

Anyway good score for Infamous and too good score for punch out. Sims 3 deserved 9 but I guess 8 is fine too. Also nice to see Zeno Clash getting such a high score.

Muramasa: The Demon Blade - 6 is it out already ?

Jinfash said:
Hardcore.

smh.
Why would you be shaking your head? I wasn't trying to be hardcore in any respect, I wasn't trying to stick it to the man. If I broke the rules I want to be punished for it.

Also looking through your previous posts, I see no reason whatsoever for there to be bias in your comments towards my sarcastic remark to the Edge scores, none at all.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Yes Boss! said:
Oh noes! Somebody doesn't like InFamous.

Didn't like Killzone 2 either. So ha!
Cat in the Hat said:
14 lulz/tears

I was just trying to think of the most outrageous things anyone would say if they saw the inFAMOUS score, but this topped them all. I honestly don't care that much, but it was funny.

randomwab

Dabookerman said:
100_4327.JPG

Next issue page.

That's No More Heroes 2, without a doubt.

Rez said:
in before the "oh no, my favourite exclusive only got a seven" followed by "an EDGE seven is a GOOD SCORE" followed by "EDGE and Eurogamer should just stick to the fucking Metacritic scale, FFS" followed by "EDGE and EG are the only ones doing it right, they're using the full scale" followed by "it's not like EG or EDGE are credible in any way. EDGE are biased toward English games, and Eurogamer don't even play the games before the review" followed by "its hardly fair to judge a publication over the actions of one writer" followed by "they don't use bylines, they are asking for it. they chose to publish it" followed by "b-b-b-but the Sims 3 scored higher and 50 Cent got a 7 too!" followed by "GO SUCK A FUCKING DICK"

Wait, ZENO CLASH got an eight!? I take everything back. Edge is declared credible, no one disagrees, thread prospers, sun shines, virgins are deflowered etc etc

You're now my favourite poster on GAF, <3 Rez!

GhaleonQ

Yes Boss! said:
If Muramasa is anything like Odin Sphere I can understand the score.

Uh, it's not, which is why it's a silly score. Apparently, Edge gave Odin Sphere a 6, too. So, they made the game system much simpler and offered 2 styles for hardcore and casual gamers, beefed up the art and music, and...got a 6. Vanillaware screwed up again! (Or M:TDB wasn't made in Brighton[it's true, Rez!].)

I can understand people not liking the obtuseness of Knights In The Nightmare (or maybe it just isn't that good), but Edge's taste in games is peculiar and they aren't often willing to take games on their own terms.

Yes Boss!

deepbrown said:
Yeah not liking it means it deserves a 4/10! Yay!

Yeah, seems about right. I'd rate it a little below average. Not Assasin's Creed bad but not that much fun. Camera is far too close behind Cole which gives me a headache. I know a lot of folks here like the game but for others it falls completely flat.

GhaleonQ said:
Uh, it's not, which is why it's a silly score. Apparently, Edge gave Odin Sphere a 6, too. So, they made the game system much simpler and offered 2 styles for hardcore and casual gamers, beefed up the art and music, and...got a 6. Vanillaware screwed up again! (Or M:TDB wasn't made in Brighton.)

I'm picking it up in any case. I did stop Odin at twenty-five hours so I'm hoping Muramasa is shorter.

Top Bottom