• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE #203 Review Scores (Infamous, Punch-Out & Ghostbusters)

Yes Boss!

Opus Angelorum said:
The Fuel score is very strange, most of the reviews that gave a below average score cited technical problems.

Isn't Edge punch-drunk on racing games/sims? Seems like they always like the genre. Just a question, as I'm not a reader of the magazine.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
BatmanX said:
Ok now its clear. They've reserved the ink mark of 7 for the sony exclusives

God of war2 7
Killzone 2 7
Infamous 7
Motorstorm 2 7
Valkyrie chronicles 7
everything is going as planned

acm2000

BatmanX said:

God of war2 7
Killzone 2 7
Infamous 7
Motorstorm 2 7
Valkyrie chronicles 7

motorstorm 2 is over rated with that score

That EB score is about as bullshit as they come. Giving the game a 4 is some kind of reactive statement to the excitement from the game's fanbase.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Haunted said:
I know you're just talking about the review scores, but that statement also holds up in general. Cover design, articles, writing quality, it's all top notch.

But I am talking about the magazine in general, not the scores. It's the only gaming magazine I buy regulary.

Mar

Rez said:
in before the "oh no, my favourite exclusive only got a seven" followed by "an EDGE seven is a GOOD SCORE" followed by "EDGE and Eurogamer should just stick to the fucking Metacritic scale, FFS" followed by "EDGE and EG are the only ones doing it right, they're using the full scale" followed by "it's not like EG or EDGE are credible in any way. EDGE are biased toward English games, and Eurogamer don't even play the games before the review" followed by "its hardly fair to judge a publication over the actions of one writer" followed by "they don't use bylines, they are asking for it. they chose to publish it" followed by "b-b-b-but the Sims 3 scored higher and 50 Cent got a 7 too!" followed by "GO SUCK A FUCKING DICK"

Wait, ZENO CLASH got an eight!? I take everything back. Edge is declared credible, no one disagrees, thread prospers, sun shines, virgins are deflowered etc etc

:lol

Post of 2009.

Gravijah

So if they gave inFamous a 7 am I not supposed to buy it or am I supposed to talk shit about Edge I completely forget these confusing rules!

Sadist

Wait, they reviewed ExciteBots and Murumasa allready? Are those import reviews?

I want to know, because does the ExciteBots review mention an Euro release date? I someone could help me out.

Majmun

Gravijah said:
So if they gave inFamous a 7 am I not supposed to buy it or am I supposed to talk shit about Edge I completely forget these confusing rules!

You should read other reviews and impresssions before you do any of that.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Juno said:
great post

would read again
It's the same game as Sega released 2 years ago with a few players replaced. What more do you need to know?

Oh, and I'm a big VT fan, btw. Just annoyed at the laziness that Sega and Sumo have shown towards the series.

VALIS

BatmanX said:

God of war2 7
Killzone 2 7
Infamous 7
Motorstorm 2 7
Valkyrie chronicles 7

LittleBigPlanet - 10 (one of the only 10's they've ever given)
Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty - 8
Siren Blood Curse - 8
MGS4 - 8
Uncharted - 8
Ratchet & Clank Future - 8
Singstar - 8
Warhawk - 8
Super Stardust HD - 8
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 8
Motorstorm - 8

...and I'm getting bored with this already. I think your paranoia has been thoroughly debunked.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Jack Random said:
7s all around?

If Ghostbusters manages to be as good as Infamous, busting will indeed make me feel good

yes... i went there
in my mind Zach Braff read this post.

fushi

Juno said:
Knights in the Nightmare - 6
ehd65w.jpg

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
EDGE review bits from a post on Codemasters forum said:
“Packed with diversions, Asobo understands what makes its off-road wonderland a thrill to tour”

“thrilling, knockabout races”

“The boisterous handling may not have the same physics fine-tuning of its more simulatory bretheren, but it’s traded off for a punchy, giddy ride that rattles across rugged terrain and flies off cliff faces with glee.”

“The range of freedom permitted in races is huge.”

“The different classes of vehicle transform the manner in which you navigate the landscape, and visually too, the game flits between lighting models that overhaul its atmosphere.”

“Though informed by satellite imaging, FUEL is refracted through an artist’s eye”

rhino4evr

Rez said:
in before the "oh no, my favourite exclusive only got a seven" followed by "an EDGE seven is a GOOD SCORE" followed by "EDGE and Eurogamer should just stick to the fucking Metacritic scale, FFS" followed by "EDGE and EG are the only ones doing it right, they're using the full scale" followed by "it's not like EG or EDGE are credible in any way. EDGE are biased toward English games, and Eurogamer don't even play the games before the review" followed by "its hardly fair to judge a publication over the actions of one writer" followed by "they don't use bylines, they are asking for it. they chose to publish it" followed by "b-b-b-but the Sims 3 scored higher and 50 Cent got a 7 too!" followed by "GO SUCK A FUCKING DICK"

Wait, ZENO CLASH got an eight!? I take everything back. Edge is declared credible, no one disagrees, thread prospers, sun shines, virgins are deflowered etc etc

:lol :lol :lol

ymmv

Banned
obaidr said:
Fuel got a 4.5 from german PSM3, on of the best selling PS3 magazines over here. Something is really really wrong with edge.

Codemaster's racing games always get inflated scores from EDGE. Nothing new.

wrowa

obaidr said:
Fuel got a 4.5 from german PSM3, on of the best selling PS3 magazines over here. Something is really really wrong with edge.
"one of the best selling"? That's not hard to achieve - there are only 3 PS3 magazines in Germany :lol

drkOne

Rez said:

You're awesome.

spwolf

VALIS said:
LittleBigPlanet - 10 (one of the only 10's they've ever given)
Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty - 8
Siren Blood Curse - 8
MGS4 - 8
Uncharted - 8
Ratchet & Clank Future - 8
Singstar - 8
Warhawk - 8
Super Stardust HD - 8
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 8
Motorstorm - 8

...and I'm getting bored with this already. I think your paranoia has been thoroughly debunked.

MGS4 an 8? Warhawk 8? NGS 8? RC 8? :D

not really consistent scoring, of course they have different reviewers but you would think editors would try to make scoring consistent.

Who really cares, people should have different opinions about everything, including games.

Rez said:

Requestion spoken version of this a'la REAL GAF HEROES.

Smokey

Rez said:

omg

:lol :lol

InFAMOUS should not have gotten a 7 though, but this was still lol worthy.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
7 for inFAMOUS is not a shock (lol) coming from these guys. It falls in a solid 9 for me so far. The game is awesome.

tzare

dammitmattt said:
I don't think you understand what viral marketing is.
maybe i don't. But i can easily see everyone talking about all those stupid scores. Cheaper and more effective than any ad.

Dyno

When Edge handed out its first 7 to a AAA game they puked, can you believe it?

Now they do it just to see the change of expression...

Top Bottom