• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE 212 scores

Source: rllmuk forum

Cover is a generic soldier for Crysis 2.

Time Extend is Crackdown and The Making Of... is Uplink.

Scores:

Heavy Rain - 7

Bioshock 2 - 8

Mass Effect 2 - 9

Dante's inferno - 6

Stalker: Call of Pripyat - 7

Darwinia+ - 8

Death By Cube - 6

Undead Knights - 4

Super Monkey Ball: Step and roll - 5

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth - 6

Jex

Ydahs said:
This thread will be dominated by Heavy Rain talk. Prove me wrong.

That's not a prediction, thats going otuside and seeing rain clouds.

Interesting that they gave Bioshock 2 a higher score then 1. Impressive results for Mass Effect 2.

stupei

flipping_heck said:

:(

Any text on this?

Jexhius said:
That's not a prediction, thats going otuside and seeing rain clouds.

Interesting that they gave Bioshock 2 a higher score then 1. Impressive results for Mass Effect 2.

Traditionally Edge cares more about gameplay and mechanics than they do about story.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Bioschock 2 is a better game than the first, problem is context.

Happy to see the props for ME2. Heavy Rain is supposed to be divisive, and 7 is a good score.

BeeDog

The topic has barely begun to roll, and you already see peeps saying "OMG all hell will break loose becuz of the HR score, duuuuur." Grow up guys, baiting (or just pretending to have a Sonybot-o-meter) is fucking annoying. :lol

Scores seem to be on par with other outlets this time around.

Empty

Heavy Rain review brief summary of complaints, from rllmuk.

Main complaints are not being able to tell what some actions do beforehand, and a lack of scene setting - you're plunged into situations without exposition, and even the character thoughts don't say why you'e doing what you're doing. At one point you investigate a crime you don't know exists because of this aversion to exposition.

Characters rarely comment or reflect on the plot, and the only signs of change are visual rather than emotional: bandages and bruises reskinning the character. Deaths tend to be badly handled too, most coming at the hands of "comic book villains" and robbed of gravitas by the poor epliogues.

Also they say that one chase scene verges on parody, with you dodging chickens and crates of fruit and missing only two workmen carrying a big pane of glass.

Jex

WrikaWrek said:
Bioschock 2 is a better game than the first, problem is context.

Happy to see the props for ME2. Heavy Rain is supposed to be divisive, and 7 is a good score.

Sssh, people don't want to hear that an EDGE seven is a good score.

El-Suave

While I do like Mass Effect better, I don't get the vast differences between its score and that of Dragon Age. One is a 9, the other a 5?

WrikaWrek

Banned
Empty said:
Heavy Rain review brief summary of complaints, from rllmuk.

Those sound like some lame faults. The kind of stuff you wouldn't expect lacking in a game that has been 4 years in development.

TehSw1tch

Banned
flipping_heck said:
Source: rllmuk forum

Cover is a generic soldier for Crysis 2.

Time Extend is Crackdown and The Making Of... is Uplink.

Scores:

Heavy Rain - 7

Bioshock 2 - 8

Mass Effect 2 - 9

Dante's inferno - 6

Stalker: Call of Pripyat - 7

Darwinia+ - 8

Death By Cube - 6

Undead Knights - 4

Super Monkey Ball: Step and roll - 5

Fuck y'all.

WHAT?!? A 7 for Heavy Rain? Even though I haven't played it, have no idea what it's really like, and 7 isn't really a bad score, I am outraged. OUTRAGED, I SAY.

MMaRsu said:
Why is Dante's Inferno a 6? Review blurb?

Yeah it should have been a 4 on the normal edge review scale.

However I dont understand how bioshock 2 can get that high, not nearly as good as the first imo. But well it's edge and they usually have pretty good reviews to go with the scores.

Dynoro

Seems like a good set of scores to me; have to pick up the mag later to have a read and see the Crackdown TE

stupei

The most annoying thing about Edge threads are the people who jump in to point and laugh at freak outs and break downs that aren't even happening yet. Every god damn thread.

Pug

With regard to Heavy rain, in last months EDGE you probably could have guessed at a 7. In the large preview they had, they noted poor controls and the fact in such a contexted based game the problem with QTE is you have no idea what they would lead to you. They did say though that no matter what its faults, it demands to be played to the end.

BeeDog

stupei said:
The most annoying thing about Edge threads are the people who jump in to point and laugh at freak outs and break downs that aren't even happening yet. Every god damn thread.

Indeed. Every. Single. Time. Some posters even start to sound like broken records.

OnPoint

stupei said:

You freaking out about freakouts is like companies announcing announcements.

... nice.

ram

flipping_heck said:
Heavy Rain - 7

ahh i see - french game and ps3 exclusive too. LOL just finished heavy rain and its nowhere near a 7. its fucking great and waaaayyyyy better than fahrenheit.

Interested in the comments on Edgeworth....

BTW the Heavy Rain score is the best score a game of this calibre should get, especially from Edge. I can understand the criticism. My pre-order will not change but I still have my reservations based on my experiences with Fahrenheit.

And besides scores are useless anyway. If Edge came out without giving scores and just with text people would agree a lot more with their opinions I guess, instead of basing subjective argumented views on an objective numerical scale

Truant

ram said:
ahh i see - french game and ps3 exclusive too. LOL just finished heavy rain and its nowhere near a 7. its fucking great and waaaayyyyy better than fahrenheit.

I can almost taste the bitter :lol

ram

deepbrown said:
Lol at people agreeing with Edge over games they haven't played.

i played and finished heavy rain - what now? should i spoil the ending for you? or should i post pictures form my promo? :lol

DidntKnowJack said:
WHAT?!? A 7 for Heavy Rain? Even though I haven't played it, have no idea what it's really like, and 7 isn't really a bad score, I am outraged. OUTRAGED, I SAY.

Trolling or humorous attempt?

WrikaWrek

Banned
ram said:

Maybe you have shittier taste than Edge.

Funny how people never consider that an option.

dyergram

I love the whole edge xenophobia conspiracy theory its hilarious. Was awesome when I think it was Tony Mott confronted Garnet about it :lol

stupei

OnPoint said:
You freaking out about freakouts is like companies announcing announcements.

... nice.

You misread. I'm freaking out about the people who freak out in anticipation of freak outs that are yet to be. It's very meta.

Top Bottom