• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge 221 December contents and scores

Lock if old.

Cover: Child of Eden (don't get excited)
Features: Retro City Rampage, 20 of the best indie titles on XBL, Eric Ceen interview, interviews with leading download-exclusive developers,

Previewed: Portal 2, Epic Mickey, Need for Speed, Tron, Assassin's Creed, El Shadai, Homefront, Ratchet & Clank, Infamous 2, Gun Loco, Last Story, Trinity, Mind Jack, Zettai Zersumei toshi 4, Valkyria Chronicles 4.

Reviews:
Vanquish 8
Medal of Honour 7
Fists of the North Star 5
Lost in Shadow 6
Deadly Premonition 7
Super Scribblenauts 6
EA Sports MMA 6
Shaun White 7
The Ball 6
Final Fantasy: The 4 heroes of light 4
Layton 7
Gods vs. Humans 5
Costume Quest 7
Nirolak said:

Mini interview with Mikami for Grasshopper and Kikuchi for Yakuza 4 which he is producing.
Time Extend: Dungeon Keeper 2
Making of: Barbarian: The Ultimate Warrior

Next month: Metal Gear Solid style colour scheme collage of tanks. On sale November 23rd.

hamchan

Deadly Premonition a 7?

It's time to party Zack.

EDIT: What did they say about Super Scribblenauts and Lost in Shadow?

DaBuddaDa

Visualante said:
Reviews:

Vanquish 8 nice!
Medal of Honour 7 expected
Deadly Premonition 7 wtf? :lol
Super Scribblenauts 6 strangely low
EA Sports MMA 6 harsh
Shaun White 7 very suprising, game looks terrible
The Ball 6 disappointing
Final Fantasy: The 4 heroes of light 4 ouuuuch!
Interesting review month...

Should probably point out that just because EDGE are previewing Last Story that shouldn't be taken as a sign that it is any likelier to be localised.

Super Scribblenauts does seem strangely low.

Deadly Premonition a 7! Wow, I need to play this game now. Got to judge it for myself, is it out this Friday in the UK?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
CaptYamato said:
Never been to their website. Where is the score? Might have missed it just because of my phone.

They put it on brackets at the very end.

They usually rate WRPGs very low across the board though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Nirolak said:

To be expected really. Obsidian are great designers but absolutely diabolical developers.

Anyway, I got the issue in the post and the Dungeon Keeper 2 feature was great. I had forgotten how cool that game was.

CaptYamato said:
Ok.

Ouch.

An EDGE 6 is still above average. Given the game's technical failings I think they have been extremely generous. The review text is quite damning.

nli10

Glad that Costume Quest was understood by Edge. :D Was hoping they'd review & pan Comic Jumper, but you can't have everything.

What format is Zettai Zetsumei toshi 4 - still PS3 only?

nli10 said:
Glad that Costume Quest was understood by Edge. :D Was hoping they'd review & pan Comic Jumper, but you can't have everything.
They have an interview with Schafer and Tasha Harris, creative director of the game.
nli10 said:
What format is Zettai Zetsumei toshi 4 - still PS3 only?
Listed as PS3

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Zettai Zetsumei 4 is listed? Does that mean it's going to get localized?

Prine

Banned
Gametrailers, Eurogamer and Edge all gave Vanquish great reviews and scores. I was about to skip it, seems like its an unavoidable purchase.

Will buy after Fable 3 though.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Nirolak said:
Edge sometimes previews and reviews import games that never make it over IIRC.

Aw. I hope Agetec localizes it though.

Mollymauk

Hooray for Deadly Premonition. It's the little game that could.

I just completed 1000 gamerscore on it the other night. :D

m_d6090b9446c749328f301fd49e8a4d30.jpg

very nice.

MiniDitka

Visualante said:
Reviews:
Vanquish 8
Medal of Honour 7
Lost in Shadow 6
Deadly Premonition 7
Super Scribblenauts 6
EA Sports MMA 6
Shaun White 7
The Ball 6
Layton 7
Gods vs. Humans 5
Costume Quest 7
uvs100220-003.jpg

seady

Visualante said:
Reviews:
Vanquish 8
Medal of Honour 7
Lost in Shadow 6
Deadly Premonition 7
Super Scribblenauts 6
EA Sports MMA 6
Shaun White 7
The Ball 6
Layton 7
Gods vs. Humans 5
Costume Quest 7

What is this game? :lol
It has a pretty high score too (in Edge's standard).

Kinda disappointed at the score for The Ball, but I would have never expected that game to review great. I bought a copy though to support Tripwire.

seady said:

First release of a UDK title. First title Tripwire has published which they didn't develop. Releasing on steam next week. First-person puzzler/action type thingy.

seady said:
played it and watched someone else play it at PAX this year; it looked interesting if not a little shallow. basic setup is you're pushing a gigantic, metal, ancient looking ball around a temple and use it to solve puzzles as well as for combat (via puzzles) and all of this via first-person.

i'm sure the puzzles get quite complicated and precise, but it seemed like something i'd spend maybe 30-60 minutes playing and then never touch again.

Nirolak said:
does anyone else absolutely hate the layout of their site? i can't stand that the main content i'm there to view is relegated to almost a third of the overall width of the site. it makes the articles look longer than they are.

Top Bottom