• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE #231 - Scores

Cover

t3cNq.png

ig3yz.jpg

Knowledge

Looking at Kinect's Future - Has the motion tech delivered and what can we expect from the tech in the coming months.

Features

Batman: Arkham City
The Misfits - A look at fifty titles that were lost in the rush/hype of other titles.
An Audience with: Seamus Blackley

Scores (thanks to Detox for the links)

From Dust - 9
Bastion - 9
Trenched - 7
Catherine - 7
CoJ: The Cartel - 4
EDF: Insect Armageddon - 6
Fear 3 - 7
Ms Splosion Man - 7
Solatorobo: The Red Hunter - 7

Hype

Dishonoured
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
SSX
Gears of War 3
Ass Creed: Revelations
Forza Motorsport 4
Rayman Origins
Silent Hill Downpour
Super Mario Land

Next Month

VGJPV.jpg

:)

Danielsan

Have to say that's one ugly cover, and not just by Edge's standards.

Nice scores for Bastion and From Dust.
Already bought Bastion, I'll probably wait for the PS3 version of From Dust.

Jb

I think I'd feel a little embarassed buying this month's issue in a shop. The pink font is just the icing on the cake.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Edge is loving Summer of Arcade up to now I see.

Mrbob

When is Gamescon again? Mid August? Perfect timing for Edge to get a Vita blowout. Will have to pick this issue up at Barnes and Noble store, but here in the states we usually get it a couple weeks later.

border

What does the article about Kinect say? After E3 it doesn't really look like there's any decent or interesting software being made for Kinect.

Calavera520 said:
Don't really understand the Bastion love. Tried it out and it was competent and all but not very fun.

I felt the same way after just trying the demo but people swear the full game is much better. I'm not willing to risk it.

Detox

Sn4ke_911 said:
lol Copy & Paste from rllmuk forum.
The funniest part is that those screens are actually from a leaked pirate pdf of the magazine with watermarks from the d/l site intact.

Danielsan

Dr. Zoidberg said:
I felt the same way after just trying the demo but people swear the full game is much better. I'm not willing to risk it.
The game takes a while to click. I didn't quite dig it after the demo section either, but I really started loving it later on.

Suzzopher

Next issue is two weeks after Gamescom and we're having a Vita special, I have a feeling Vita is going to be the big story at Gamescom.

Suzzopher said:
Next issue is two weeks after Gamescom and we're having a Vita special, I have a feeling Vita is going to be the big story at Gamescom.
I think it is playable for the public for the first time there.

Red

Calavera520 said:
Don't really understand the Bastion love. Tried it out and it was competent and all but not very fun.
It's up there with Portal 2 and The Witcher 2 this year for me. Too bad you don't like it.

Atomski

I personally think the From Dust score is a bit high. I'd give it a 6 or 7. Not a bad game.. but come on.. they lost me at exploding trees.

Would like to read their piece on Silent Hill: Downpour. Anyone know whether it's a preview of the E3 demo or something more?

Red

Atomski said:
I personally think the From Dust score is a bit high. I'd give it a 6 or 7. Not a bad game.. but come on.. they lost me at exploding trees.
I'm sort of with you. Haven't finished it yet, but it falls short in a few key areas. I don't like the camera control, it's very limiting, and that has a huge impact on the way the game plays out. Maps are also very small... was expecting a bit more. Pathfinding AI isn't as good in my experience as that review states, with occasional hiccups when guys get caught up on little tiny specks instead of walking around them.

Sn4ke_911 said:
lol Copy & Paste from rllmuk forum.
It's the same person. What a stupid post, as if it would even matter.

MarshMellow96 said:
Sooo.. That means Trenched is out soon, right?
Nope, they're just covering the US release. Trenched is probably never coming out in Europe (when the game is eventually released, it'll likely have another name.)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
toythatkills said:
It's the same person. What a stupid post, as if it would even matter.

No it's not. On rllmuk the images are still watermarked. I don't want to be a jackass but i just hate when there is no source in the OP.

Elios83

The Vita special all but confirms new important announcements for the platform at Gamescom. It's not like they can re-run the E3 facts.

Top Bottom