• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE 271: Miyamoto / Nintendo blowout

Peltz

Return? He's never really left the spotlight as far as I'm concerned. Did he take a few days off or something?

Pikmin 3 shows that this man never lost his touch.

He's back from producing games to actually designing them.

Is this necessarily a good thing though; really? Wasn't his last very personal project Wii Music? And he showed Project Giant Robot at E3 like it was something to be proud of?

I mean, there's absolutely no denying at all that he's the greatest game creator that's ever lived, but I'm not convinced that he hasn't lost his once-golden touch.

Yonafunu

Is this necessarily a good thing though; really? Wasn't his last very personal project Wii Music? And he showed Project Giant Robot at E3 like it was something to be proud of?

I mean, there's absolutely no denying at all that he's the greatest game creator that's ever lived, but I'm not convinced that he hasn't lost his once-golden touch.

Hey, Project Giant Robot looks like a blast.

ubXwSKb.jpg

yurinka

Ouch, I know it isn't a game for everybody, but I love Gods Will Be Watching. :( What do they say about it?

Happy to see Hohokum and Velocity 2x. I really look forward for these 2 Vita games. I already bought the first one, but I couldn't spend too much time on it.

Guevara

I agree. In fact I thought Nintendo was purposely moving him back, away from day-to-day game design.

AdanVC

Wow I love the cover. Miyamoto is looking great! He is using the Gamepad as shield to cover from the haters, hah. Very exciting times for Wii U ahead.

Haunted

Ouch, I know it isn't a game for everybody, but I love Gods Will Be Watching. :( What do they say about it?
Praising the pixel art style and writing, criticising the actual trial and error gameplay, rng factor, balance and internal continuity errors.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Guess I have to buy an Edge subscription. My friend told me No Man's Sky's info blowout in this issue is awesome.

ZeroX03

Banned
Edge reviews have always rubbed me the wrong way (MGR). Certainly don't agree with that Oddworld score, unless it's for glitch/bug based reasons.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Photos in the new R&D building?!?

And here I thought we had to wait for a Google Earth tour with Iwata as cameraman :(

It's interesting that Edge have started crediting features writers recently. Used to be the case that the magazine had one editorial voice save for the guest columnists. Speaking of which, I wish they'd bring back that Famitsu PS2 editor who wrote all his articles about Final Fantasy XI.
This is one reason I might read the issue. EDGE's crediting policy has been disappointing since they first started. I always want to know who's writing the articles! Maybe it's been changing gradually, but old EDGE (reading through FILE) has that lack of transparency that doesn't make sense (no universal voice throughout issues).

Besides, new photos of the new office.

Some choice quotes:
Aonuma: "Since we're talking about open worlds, let's state upfront that we don't plan to have an open world in the same way other companies have been doing in recent years. "

Tezuka: "There will need to be a system for sharing courses online" talking about mario maker.

Takahashi on X: "Vehicles are called Dolls. They are 5 Times larger than a person. So to get the same feel as Xenoblade Chronicles, the map would need to be 5 times bigger. The game world in X is e in fact even bigger than that."

Some choice quotes:
Aonuma: "Since we're talking about open worlds, let's state upfront that we don't plan to have an open world in the same way other companies have been doing in recent years. "

Tezuka: "There will need to be a system for sharing courses online" talking about mario maker.

Takahashi on X: "Vehicles are called Dolls. They are 5 Times larger than a person. So to get the same feel as Xenoblade Chronicles, the map would need to be 5 times bigger. The game world in X is e in fact even bigger than that."

emma-stone-says-oh-yea.gif

KooopaKid

Banned
4 page Bayonetta 2 preview
Interview with Miyamoto 'Return of the king' inside new Kyoto building.
Special look at next wave of Wii U games. 13 pages in all.

Nnnnnng!

chadboban

Some choice quotes:

tumblr_n53a9j745I1smcbm7o1_400.gif

You project Robo doubters will eat crow when they re-unveil it next year :p !

Instro

Some choice quotes:

Aonuma quote is encouraging.

You project Robo doubters will eat crow when they re-unveil it next year :p !

It looked shit; clunky and unintuitive and with poor mission design. I'll gladly eat crow if it turns out to be a good game, but from the footage at Treehouse/E3 it looked plain bad and more like a NintendoLand mini-game.

BY2K

Membero Americo

I'm a giggling like a child, right now. I haven't been hyped for a Zelda game I know so little about since Twilight Princess.

Some choice quotes:

Honestly all three of those quotes are very important. You could have a thread on the Mario Maker thing considering all the fear of being unable to share levels online.

Sendou

Honestly all three of those quotes are very important. You could have a thread on the Mario Maker thing considering all the fear of being unable to share levels online.

He has said similiar things in past and it's still not an outright confirmation.

Volotaire

Some choice quotes:

Hopefully the user sharing system is robust enough to have voting, tags, YouTube upload functionality. Basically, I expect at least LittleBig Planet level of sharing functionality to be implemented.

For the first, it can never be a true open world like traditional ones because Zelda focuses on tight level design around your inventory items. I'm still very intrigued how they will approach this and how it evolves from ALBW.

I really need to try Xenoblade.

Top Bottom