• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE #279 Cover: Splatoon.

BY2K

Membero Americo
CCACVhGWIAA8Vt-.png

VR head to head: Valve vs Sony

Splatoon: How Nintendo reinvented multiplayer shooters.

Reviewed:
Battlefield Hardline - 7
Bloodborne - 10
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number - 5
Ori and the Blind Forest - 7
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - 8
Axiom Verge - 8
Titan Souls - 5

Final Fantasy XV: The JRPGs level up.

Yoshinori Ono on the revival of Street Figher.

Releases tomorrow.

Banned
Oh cmon. There is so much beautiful art and pics from splatoon to make an awesome cover and they choose that?

I've gotten really excited for the game in the past couple days. I'll be getting it day one. Even if the community ends up small, they will be dedicated so I look forward to it!

Now to get those Inkling amiibos.

Tuck

The game has such an insane, creative art style. Pictures of the game just ooze style and imagination.

And they chose that for the cover photo.

Oye.

Haunted

VR HEAD TO HEAD

VALVE VS SONY

oculus am cry

That cover is shit. There's tons of better Splatoon art or other colourful ink-based shenanigans they could've went with. This is weak. If you told me that's a Rare game on the cover, I'd believe you.

The game has such an insane, creative art style. Pictures of the game just ooze style and imagination.

And they chose that for the cover photo.

Oye.

It's a game magazine, not a Van Gogh exhibit.

Sometimes less is more.

I get why people don't like it but it looks bold to me and gets me hyped, kind of like the effect that old EGM cover of Sonic probably did for Sonic fans.

Could have chosen any number of the amazing colorful artwork we've already seen for Splatoon and they go with a generic pure orange squid enemy taking up the entire cover. Wish it could have been a better cover, but whatever..

Tuck

It's a game magazine, not a Van Gogh exhibit.

Sometimes less is more.

I get why people don't like it but it looks bold to me and gets me hyped, kind of like the effect that old EGM cover of Sonic probably did for Sonic fans.

The fact that it is a magazine is exactly why this is a terrible cover.

MutFox

Banned
What's so special about Splatoon?
Have a Wii U and love FPS games.

Seen video's but not sure what the hype is about.
Seems like something I'd get bored of after a week,
not something I'd be playing for years, like CS:GO.

Is there a video out there that shows something special?

TomShoe

Banned
That is a horrible cover.

Oh cmon. There is so much beautiful art and pics from splatoon to make an awesome cover and they choose that?

Their worst cover in recent memory.

I agree, the game has some incredible art and they choose to go with a bland cover.

Edge covers used to be so good...

They should have gone with some of the painted concept art for the game (Splatoon), those look awesome.

Looks like ass. Literally. This game deserves better.

Wow.. I was expecting something really cool, but, that's awful.

I am undecided on the cover, very average looking.

The game deserves a better cover, but eh, whatever. It's alright.

Could have chosen any number of the amazing colorful artwork we've already seen for Splatoon and they go with a generic pure orange squid enemy taking up the entire cover. Wish it could have been a better cover, but whatever..

Minimalism is where it's at nowadays. Get with it.

Did Nintendo ever clear up the multiplayer functionality of Splatoon? Is there voice chat (at least when playing in a party)? Can I even party up Halo-style and take a team into matchmaking?

What's so special about Splatoon?
Have a Wii U and love FPS games.

Seen video's but not sure what the hype is about.
Seems like something I'd get bored of after a week,
not something I'd be playing for years, like CS:GO.

Is there a video out there that shows something special?

Pick-up and play, spot-on controls, great for casuals and people that want tactics up the butt, fresh artstyle, unique mechanics, etc...

This is the first EDGE cover I've seen where the dumb coloured bars actually fit with the cover game's use of colour.

Also I swear I've seen the "reinventing the multiplayer shooter" tag-line about 1,000 times now.

Top Bottom