• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge #291 - Dark Souls III

Featured
Miyazaki Rekinles the flame in Dark Souls III [Nathan Brown]
Game designers and famous fans unpick the ceaseless appeal of the original Dark Souls [Keza MacDonald]
Why a Dutch Professor spent five years investigating Street Fighter's credentials as a real martial art [Simon Parkin]
The making of... Elite Dangerous [Edge]
Studio Profile: Techland [Ben Griffin]
Time Extend: Resident Evil 4 [Chris Schilling]

Previewed
Quantum Break
Paragon
Knights & Bikes
The Solus Project
Unbox
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan

Reviewed
Street Fighter V [7] / PS4
Far Cry: Primal [6] / PS4
The Flame in the Flood [6] / Xbox One
Unravel [7]
Assassin's Creed Chronicles [5] / Xbox One
Town of Light [6] / PC
Dying Light: The Following [6] /PS4
Layers of Fear [6] / PS4
Bravely Second: End Layer [8] / 3DS
American Truck Simulator [7] / PC

#292 on sale April 4
subscription info / scores archive

this should hit digital stockists and newsagents by March 8 at the latest.

FelipeMGM

Cool that they have previews of both Knigts and Bikes and Unbox. Both look awesome!

Kinda off but, where is Gameinformer cover for this month?

You're not wrong. Street Fighter II: Turbo and IV got a [9] I'm not super familiar with the rest of the series entries but the others mostly 7 and 8s.

In addition, Super Street Fighter IV was one of the seven games to retrospectively receive a 10/10 from Edge in their 20th anniversary issue (the 10 amendments).

So, this is quite the step down for the series.

Nice cover as per usual,can't agree with that Dying Light score,opinions an such.Shall give it a good read later

Having played it for a couple of hours (and then stopped playing out of frustration), I think on a real 1-10 scale that score is reasonable. I was really looking forward to the expansion, but honestly find it as annoying as it is enjoyable.

So I read the Street Fighter V review. It's a funny one. Edge say in a previous interview Ono tried to position the game as something for new comers, dialing back some of the simplicity of later version of Street Fighter IV. So they take the side of the new comer, lambasting it's lack of tutorial and single player features. But then the review goes in depth to all these systems that outsiders will have no clue about.

They love the core game but only recommend it for veterans or those willing to learn the hard way.

The Dark Souls article is an extract from a book called You Died: the Dark Souls companion. http://you-died.com/book/
Nice cover, but I can't believe Dark Souls 3 is on the cover again. The Edge/Miyazaki handjob continues!

#292 - Dark Souls III preview
#282 - Dark Souls III reveal
#278 - Bloodborne
#269 - Bloodborne reveal
#262 - Dark Souls II preview
#249 - Dark Souls II reveal
#226 - Dark Souls preview

It's true but how many magazines gave the original game a cover back in 2011? This is the same issue they featured The Last Guardian. Probably could have shifted a few more copies.

Arkeband

Banned
That cover art is strange, you have what looks like a zoomed-in cinematic still of somesort, with what looks like MS Paint thick pencil tool black lines randomly drawn on top to approximate ash/cinders in the wind or something.

DrArchon

7 seems like a perfectly reasonable score for SFV. Fantastic game wrapped up in a shell that's sub-par.

Sad about The Flame in The Flood, but it was pretty buggy for a while so I don't blame them. I'm having fun with it, and that's all that really matters in the end I guess.

That cover art is strange, you have what looks like a zoomed-in cinematic still of somesort, with what looks like MS Paint thick pencil tool black lines randomly drawn on top to approximate ash/cinders in the wind or something.
On the magazine it's gold emboss. Edge generally doesn't scan very well.
It should be illegal to give a score that low to Dying Light.

Fantastic game.
I read the review for that too. Seemed like a harsh 6. They liked the car customisation a lot but found the AI lacking and characters unmemorable. The environment has a lot of potential.

Top Bottom