• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE #295 - Watch Dogs 2

Will upload cover etc later if I get time.

Reviews
Doom - 9
Overwatch - 9
Dangerous Golf - 7
TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan - 3
Homefront: The Revolution - 3
Tokyo Mirage Sessions - 7
The Climb - 6
Shadow of the Beast - 5
Lumo - 7

Hype
Gran Turismo Sport
Inside
Battlefield 1
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Monster Hunter Generations
Before
Loot Rascals

Features
Watch Dogs 2 - In depth 8 page spread
Prepare To Die - how a small team of board game designers turned Dark Souls into a kickstarter smash.
An Audience with - Patrice Desilets creator of PoP Sands of Time and Assassins Creed
Studio Profile - Future Games of London
Time Extend - Puzzles and Dragons
Making Of - Fire watch

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
The cover is great

dNrFlPB.png

How in the world did Dangerous golf get a 7 from Them? Just looking at the scores and their use of the scale that seems crazy to me.

There's this conspiracy thinking that EDGE is always biased towards UK-developed products (not sure if that's still true but I remember people getting into that back in the day ;) )

Features look very interesting. Only reason I still read EDGE. Don't care about the reviews anymore

xrnzaaas

Wow that's a really cool cover. A bold move, normally a magazine publisher wouldn't green lit something like that because it would be too misleading for less attached or potentially new readers.

Wonder what they said about Lumo.

Basically if you're a thirty five plus year old Brit, it will pull at your nostalgia string big time.

"At a time when retro throwbacks almost exclusively pastiche classics from Japan and the US, it's delightful to play a game that embraces the UK's contribution to the industry. While we fully concede that Lumos universe of screechy loading screens and manic miner nods might mean more to us than most, surely anyone with a taste for adventure will appreciate such an intricate and secret stuffed world"

sheaaaa

Features look very interesting. Only reason I still read EDGE. Don't care about the reviews anymore

I'm the complete opposite! Of this:

Watch Dogs 2 - In depth 8 page spread
Prepare To Die - how a small team of board game designers turned Dark Souls into a kickstarter smash.
An Audience with - Patrice Desilets creator of PoP Sands of Time and Assassins Creed
Studio Profile - Future Games of London
Time Extend - Puzzles and Dragons
Making Of - Fire watch

Only their regular features (Studio Profile, Time Extend, Making Of) appeal to me at all. The rest is too much AAA of the month that I end up skipping when I read the issue 3 weeks down the line (the game in question is usually out by then anyway).

I would love to see more timeless features - retrospectives and the lot. But their reviews are consistently among the best in the business. Not many places you can go these days for a review that is actually well-written and free of cliches.

Stunning cover, big step up on the previous Watch_dogs one. Next month on sale July 21. I'm guessing the teaser is Zelda. It's two golden shades split diagonally. If anyone has some requests for more I'll be browsing it this evening.
Good cover, pity I cancelled my subs recently.
I've been toying with the idea. I'm on £20 every 6 months sub so it's not too much. Every time they have a few disappointing issues they come back with something great and put me off.

jimboton

Basically if you're a thirty five plus year old Brit, it will pull at your nostalgia string big time.

"At a time when retro throwbacks almost exclusively pastiche classics from Japan and the US, it's delightful to play a game that embraces the UK's contribution to the industry. While we fully concede that Lumos universe of screechy loading screens and manic miner nods might mean more to us than most, surely anyone with a taste for adventure will appreciate such an intricate and secret stuffed world"

Thanks! I'm not a brit but it's right up my alley anyway. I was just wondering what kept it from an 8 or a 9.

Is this a physical magazine available in Canada?

I really miss buying game magazines ;(

I used to have tons of game magazines as a kid. It was awesome.

I remember Next Generation standing out, too. Is that related to Edge in any way? I basically haven't bought a game magazine since... maybe 2000.

Top Bottom