• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge #304 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild special

KrawlMan

They gave Skyward Sword a 10. It's just brand name at the end of the day.

Yes, totally. I don't like the game so it's clearly not deserving of a high score. Must be bias towards the franchise.
/s

Only two Zelda games on that list. Skyward Sword was a controversial game for sure, but it was a stellar experience for some.

Yeah, you're right, actually. This game probably sucks.

Lol its a very good indication that the game doesn't suck, but people were quick to chorus "game of the generation" based on a single review.

It's just a gentle reminder that a review is just someone's perspective that may or may not align with your own. Chill out.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Guess you won't be able to take Zelda reviews seriously from IGN, Game Informer, Wired, Eurogamer, Metro, The Guardian, or VideoGamer either.

That's a lot of outlets to discount!
He was being sarcastic... I think.

But it's hard to tell these days. Everyone out for blood lol.

score01

BOTW feeling more and more like GOTY already. When was the last time Nintendo launched with a 10/10 game? The N64? Smart decision to delay it to Switch.

kromeo

It's going to be interesting, I've never got more that about 10 hours into an open world game without losing interest but I'm hopeful this one will be different

Cerium

It won't be the last 10, going by the previews.

lfbx5bO.jpg

skypunch

Banned
Yes, totally. I don't like the game so it's clearly not deserving of a high score. Must be bias towards the franchise.
/s

Only two Zelda games on that list. Skyward Sword was a controversial game for sure, but it was a stellar experience for some.

Chill out. I'm buying the game, but it's naive to think brand name doesn't influence its score.

BOTW feeling more and more like GOTY already. When was the last time Nintendo launched with a 10/10 game? The N64? Smart decision to delay it to Switch.
When was the last time any company launched with a 10/10 game. Kind of odd comment for you to make about Nintendo considering they're the only company to even do it.

Speely

Banned
One thing about this review spectrum that should jump out to people: How many high-scoring games there are!! Early 2017 is delivering across the board.

Hot damn.

Chao

There are very questionable 10s in Edge's history, they even have the last guardian a 9 and boy does that game not deserve it.

But yeah, from other previews I can see this will be an interesting Zelda to say the least

Are we genuinely scrutinizing the EDGE 10 just cause there's been some questionable games that don't hold up the test of time?

As with all critic opinions, no list of perfect scores is fool-proof over the course of many many years and different editorial opinion, but EDGE is undoubtedly one of the harshest critics and more often than not, their 10 has weight.

A high score from EDGE still means something, and everything that we've seen of Zelda since E3 till now has shown that unless Nintendo is hiding something about the game, the previews and snippets has illustrated a game that is worthy of a 9 or 10.

There are very questionable 10s in Edge's history, they even have the last guardian a 9 and boy does that game not deserve it.

But yeah, from other previews I can see this will be an interesting Zelda to say the least

Yeah, it actually deserves a 10.

Majmun

The Last Guardian was even their GOTY 2016...

Rezbit

How the fuck do I hold all these awesome games?!

Great scores for all the big titles lately, especially that 10. Damn son.

Top Bottom