• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge #305/May - Rime (Also Persona 5 review)

Cover. Thanks to RLLMUK forum.

IMG_0360.thumb.JPG.e15b794bed6e0a7ae657de5580f62ace.JPG
Features
Rime [Ben Maxwell]
Collected Works: Eugene Jarvis [Ben Maxwell]
How Annapurna is bringing arthouse flair to games [Chris Priestman]
The making of... Destruction Derby [Ed Smith]
Studio profile: Fireproof Games [Ben Maxwell]
Time Extend: Catherine [Chris Schilling]

Previews
Prey
Middle-earth: Shadow of War*
Dirt 4
Injustice 2
Steamworld Dig 2
Sparc

Reviews
Nier Automata [8]
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands [4]
Persona 5 [8]
For Honor [8]
Halo Wars 2 [7]
Night in the Woods [8]
1-2-Switch [6]
Snipperclips: Cut it Out, Together [8]
Super Bomberman [4]

subscription info / scores archive

They gave Persona an 8?

Preorder cancelled
in your dreams. Give it now. Would love to hear what kept it from a 9 but an 8 is good.

rockx4

Interesting scores. Can only really comment on Snipperclips since it's the only one I've played, and it's a good score for the game.

NotLiquid

They gave Persona an 8?

Preorder cancelled
in your dreams. Give it now. Would love to hear what kept it from a 9 but an 8 is good.

Persona has always been a series requiring a whole lot of patience, reading and accommodation to a very rinse/repeat structure, so even though its one of the golden eggs of JRPGs I imagine a lot of its appeal is still somewhat limited.

SomTervo

I love Edge, but 4/10 for Wildlands is a fucking joke imo. It's excellent fun and genuinely filling in a gap for me not filled by Zelda or Horizon, which are phenomenal games.

Interested to read the review.

yurinka

Who gets the cover? Rime?

P.S.: I also think that a 4 for Ghost Recon is a joke. It's a really fun, entertaining game with some small flaws but many great points. I know that showing a society dominated by a drug cartel is a sensitive topic because it's something really sad and many people in real world is suffering it, but it's a fictional work. But just like thousands of other movies or games where torture, theft, kidnapping, massive amount of people being killed and other bad stuff is involved. But hey, it's Ubisoft and not Rockstar or something else so let's give them a bad score.

Im guessing that this will be $/£/€10 more for nintendo fans?
/jk

I honestly cant beleive that ghost recon score though. Thought it would be a 6 at worst, since it can be quite fun to play with freinds.

An 8 for Persona 5 has me slightly shocked. Only slightly. I'd have thought that game would've been at least a 9 based on the pre-release buzz, but eh.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What did they give P4 and P4 Golden ? 8 sounds low for P5.

kromeo

An 8 for Persona 5 has me slightly shocked. Only slightly. I'd have thought that game would've been at least a 9 based on the pre-release buzz, but eh.

I suspect there will be a lot of 9s going around on review day. Trying to predict Edge's reaction to any game is completely pointless

bigol

Persona 5 and Nier Automata at 8. Good.

Previous scores to Nier, Persona 4 and Persona 3.

Nier: 6
Persona 4 (gold, too): 9
Persona 3: 7

Yeah it's an autumnal painting of the character chilling on a stone structure with a fox. Big removal from the first cover Rime had.
This game lost 90% of appeal to me when it lose its exclusivity, it doesn't lose it for nothing.
Is Rime the new Rayman Legends? I admit I have my reservations about the game given its long gestation but exclusivity really didn't come into it. It will be interesting to see where it sells best.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Persona games certainly aren't for everyone. But this is still a great score regardless, every reviewer is entitled to their opinions.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Is an 8 a bad score? An 8 from Edge is a 9 from every other review site.

Hell no, it's a great score.

The reviewer might certainly have some small gripes with it though, but that's to be expected. I also don't know whether the reviewer is familiar with the Persona franchise before 5. But it's interesting to know he's very positive about it regardless.

Which road? I'm just asking.

The 'comparing scores from different reviewers' road.

Only an 8 for Persona 5 kinda rubbs me the wrong way. Need to know the reasoning.

Did you play it?

Same score For Honor than Nier Persona 5? ok...
What a joke.
Good to know persona and nier are for honor are similarly rated lol

Aaaand there it is.

Edge traditionally rates *games lower than most other outlets so this isn't really a surprise at all.
I always feel Edge seems harsh on *games. I remember they gave Witcher 3 an 8, FFX got a 6.

Are you fucking serious

Nm I'll fix it for you

Sane_Man

P.S.: I also think that a 4 for Ghost Recon is a joke. It's a really fun, entertaining game with some small flaws but many great points. I know that showing a society dominated by a drug cartel is a sensitive topic because it's something really sad and many people in real world is suffering it, but it's a fictional work. But just like thousands of other movies or games where torture, theft, kidnapping, massive amount of people being killed and other bad stuff is involved. But hey, it's Ubisoft and not Rockstar or something else so let's give them a bad score.

How do you know any of that stuff had anything to do with their score?

Top Bottom