• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Edge #307 - Rime review, COD cover

Majora

Jan 23, 2008
Cover - CoD: WWII

Hype:
Star Wars: Battlefront II
Dreadnaught
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
Phoenix Point
Raiders of the Broken Planet
Divinity: Original Sin II
Ancestors: The Humankind Oddyssey
Code Vein
Hey! Pikmin
FFXII: The Zodiac Age
Sonic Forces

Play:
Rime - 9
Prey - 8
Get Even - 6
The Surge - 6
What Remains of Edith Finch - 9
Strafe - 8
Statik - 9
Puyo Puyo Tetris - 8
Guardians of the Galaxy - Tangled Up in Blue - 5

Features:
Making History: CoD WWII
Tablet Games: How videogames help the fight against childhood cancer
Collected Works: Jeff Kaplan

The Making of: Persona 5
Studio Profile: CCP Newcastle
Time Extend: Rainbow Six: Siege

Credit to Qazimod at rllmukforum: https://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/299794-edge-307/

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sep 9, 2006
I didnt expect that RIME score.

Why did Sony let that go again ? They had it secured as an exclusive for a while iirc. Now i really hope the Switch version turns out good.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sep 1, 2006
-
With this review, will people please stop with the internet bullying?

-shadow-

Sep 22, 2015
Great score for Rime. Curious about the rest, been interested in it since it's reveal and can't wait for the Switch port!

Aug 28, 2016
Edge gives it a 9? Oh snap. It's been a long ass time that I read Edge but usually they don't throw amazing scores to just any game right?

EGM1966

Aug 5, 2011
UK
9 for Rime? Wow - given the reported production problems they really turned it around (at least going by Edge). Good for them.

I need to get Edith Finch at some point too.

Sidewinder

Jun 10, 2009
9 for Rime, nice! Maybe that game might actually fullfill the expectations I had after watching the first beautiful trailer. Gonna have to read up on that game.

Aug 28, 2016
9 for Rime? Wow - given the reported production problems they really turned it around (at least going by Edge). Good for them.

I need to get Edith Finch at some point too.
Definitely did not expect a 9 from them but I do also remember a few scores from them that I absolutely couldn't get my head around at all back then. I don't remember the games right now but I do remember saying "wtf Edge" about it. But I do think more often than not they give fair scores.

Rime comes out end of this month?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Aug 30, 2005
Toronto, ON
Really surprised Rime turned out great. I didn't really follow it much but after Sony pulled out some were definitely sure it was due to development not going well.