• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge #308 - Far Cry 5

Features
Far Cry 5 [Ben Maxwell]
Collected works: Fumito Ueda [Simon Parkin]
How Team 17 turned from "the worms guys" to the UK's largest privately owned publisher [Chris Schilling]
The making of... Superhot [Edward Smith]
Studio profile: Yager Development [Ben Maxwell]
Time extend: Destiny [Nathan Brown]

Previewed
Destiny 2
Fortnite
Arktika 1
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Extinction
Darksiders III
Bloodstaines: Ritual of the Night

Reviewed
Arms [9]
Dirt 4 [7]
Injustice 2 [8] / PS4 tested
Tokyo 42 [7] / PC tested
Tekken 7 [6] / PS4 tested
Endless Space 2 [7]
Polybius [9] / PS4 and PSVR tested
Star Trek: Bridge Crew [8] / PSVR tested
Farpoint [7]
Impact Winter [4]

subscription info / scores archive

Next month's issue is Super Mario Odyssey

Chauzu

So happy for ARMS scoring a 9. Well deserved, haven't had this much fun with a fighting game for a long time.

eizarus

Banned
Nice! Arms and Injustice scoring high. I'm surprised at the Tekken score. Wasn't it very highly reviewed generally?

spekkeh

Banned
Star Trek bridge crew is the first real VR demonstrator since Keep Talking... imo. Great that it scores highly.

Arms [9]
Injustice 2 [8]
Tekken 7 [6]

Nintendo once again entering a genre as a freshman and schooling.

spekkeh

Banned
Wow, I didn't expect such a score for Arms, color me surprised.
Not that surprising..

ARMS-EDGE-June-2017-Cover.jpg

My wife who is not not a gamer was with me at nintendo nyc yesterday and she tried arms and was laughing and having a great time playing it.

Im happy that it got a high score. I cant wait to jump in when i get a switch.

Majmun

EDGE scores are still held up in high regard?

Nothing wrong with theses scores, but it's just one of the many publications.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
EDGE scores are still held up in high regard?

Nothing wrong with theses scores, but it's just one of the many publications.
They have substantial weight in metacritic and are one of the harshest critics typically. Largely why people take notice of their scores.

EmiPrime

I hate NRS games and I think Tekken is a fun enough series but I understand the review scores having read the reviews. Injustice 2 is a much better single player game and EDGE writers have never been into the competitive scene for fighting games.

Make a complaint to whoever delivered it.
But "barely readable"? Nah dude

It's so bent that I have to bend it the other way while I am reading it so that the odd numbered pages are legible. So yah dude.

Plainsong

I'm playing ARMS. Happy with that review score, I'd like to read it. ARMS is just great. I was sceptical but I needn't have been.

Both games have significantly more content than arms if that's the argument.
The Arms review was quite fun to read, it darted around through all the features and strategies arguing that each is more important than the other.

"and by stripping away the fiddle and the faff of so many fighting games - being able to direct and control your punches properly is about the limit of Arms' skill ceiling - Nintendo has crafted a level playing field for combatants of all skill levels."

While they recommend thumbs up joy con controls they do raise the merits of traditional controls despite restricted abilities. They cite an occasional gap between intention and execution of the motion controls.

I hate NRS games and I think Tekken is a fun enough series but I understand the review scores having read the reviews. Injustice 2 is a much better single player game and EDGE writers have never been into the competitive scene for fighting games.

It's so bent that I have to bend it the other way while I am reading it so that the odd numbered pages are legible. So yah dude.

Difficult to read, sure.
But anyway, make a complaint to Royal Mail or whoever delivered it. It's hardly in an acceptable state

The amount of single player stuff to do is pretty great in Injustice 2, multiverse stuff and even the unlockable gear all keep me playing.

Haven't played Tekken 7 yet so I can't comment

LotusHD

Banned
Honestly surprised ARMS scored that high, even more than Injustice 2. That said, it's certainly out there for a fighting game, so I suppose I can see it, assuming my thoughts align with the review lol

Top Bottom