• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge Issue 208 Scores (NSMB Wii, Ratchet, Forza, GTA, Tekken...)

Majora

E208.jpg

New Super Mario Bros Wii - 7
Uncharted 2 - 9
Operation Flashpoint : Dragon Rising - 8
Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time - 7
Borderlands - 6
Brutal Legend - 7
GTA : Episodes From Liberty City - 9
Forza 3 - 9
PES 2010 - 7
Mario and Luigi : Bowsers Inside Story - 9
Drawn To Life: The Next Chapter - 5
Might and Magic: Clash Of Heroes - 9
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - 5
Lost Winds: Winter Of The Melodias - 8
Tekken 6 - 7
Ju-On The Grudge - 4

Uncharted 2 Review - http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/review-uncharted-2-among-thieves

Forza 3 Review - http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/review-forza-3

painey

seem pretty good scores this month, but what did Uncharted 2 have to do to earn a 10? I can't think of how they could have improved it.

matmanx1

Not that I've played either one but Operation Flashpoint scoring higher than NSMB Wii has got to be some kind of lolz unless Nintendo really dropped the ball on the new Mario.

I mean, really?

Dabanton

matmanx1 said:
Not that I've played either one but Operation Flashpoint scoring higher than NSMB Wii has got to be some kind of lolz unless Nintendo really dropped the ball on the new Mario.

I mean, really?

Why is OP2 scoring higher than Mario 'lolz'?

Edit. You haven't even played either of the games.:lol

Majora said:
Uncharted 2 - 9
Borderlands - 6
Brutal Legend - 7
Forza 3 - 9
PES 2010 - 7
Tekken 6 - 7
Ju-On The Grudge - 4
Holy crap. This issue was extremely harsh.

Borderlands - 6
Brutal Legend - 7

Dayum, totally in the ball park I expected. Can't wait to read these ones.

Also fucking Royal Mail strikes.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
We're going to need quotes from reviews to prevent this thread from turning towards the Dark Side.

Going to guess that Edge reckon NSMB Wii is too sterile, safe and joyless - that seems to be their issue with a number of recent Nintendo titles.

batbeg

This thread is going to be fun :)

Majora said:

Is this the enw Capybara game on DS? If so, congrats to our resident Capybara GAFer! :D Sorry I can't remember your username.

Edit: Ah, you already popped in. Double congrats!!

Fimbulvetr said:
He got the magazine confused with the developer.

If he doesn't even know who the fuck Edge magazine are then what the hell is he doing in an Edge magazine thread? Heck, if he doesn't even know who Edge are then why the fuck is he even on this board at all, really now.

Durante

Wow, they really didn't like KH.

What is Might and Magic: Clash Of Heroes even? I consider myself reasonably well informed about games and this is the first time I hear about it. And I'm an old-school M&M/Heroes fan. Least hyped game ever?

Gravijah

brain_stew said:
If he doesn't even know who the fuck Edge magazine are then what the hell is he doing in an Edge magazine thread? Heck, if he doesn't even know who Edge are then why the fuck is he even on this board at all, really now.

Gosh golly, guy.

batbeg said:
Is this the enw Capybara game on DS? If so, congrats to our resident Capybara GAFer! :D Sorry I can't remember your username.

Edit: Ah, you already popped in. Double congrats!!
Indeed that is our DS game. I am pretty stoked on this score. Pretty really stoked.

Durante said:
What is Might and Magic: Clash Of Heroes even? I consider myself reasonably well informed about games and this is the first time I hear about it. And I'm an old-school M&M/Heroes fan. Least hyped game ever?
We've been getting buried (and rightfully so) by many a bigger-name games. But there's some good info around about the game (for example IGN did a great preview here: http://ds.ign.com/articles/100/1004030p1.html).

In short, its a puzzle-prg with a battle system that is equal parts TBS and Puzzle.

Majora said:
Uncharted 2 - 9
Borderlands - 6
Brutal Legend - 7
Forza 3 - 9
PES 2010 - 7
Tekken 6 - 7
Ju-On The Grudge - 4

Uncharted 2 Review - http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/review-uncharted-2-among-thieves

Forza 3 Review - http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/review-forza-3

Wow to KH, Borderlands, Tekken, and Ratchet..

And wow to Operation Flashpoint scoring so high

Its like backwards world..

Durante said:
Wow, they really didn't like KH.

It's a DS game, so that's probably why you haven't heard much about it. Looks like a Puzzle Quest styled game.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
brain_stew said:

I believe he was making a joke...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Majora said:
Borderlands - 6

Ratchet score doesn't surprise me. The whole series is quite fun and I loved ToD, but when I went back and played the PS2 versions and just recently Quest for Booty, I absolutely agree with the complaint that the games all feel very same-y even despite their obvious attempts to break out of the formula. An EDGE 7 is for a really good game, so no surprise.

Borderlands seems a little low to me. Playing the game has really relieved a lot of the beefs I thought I'd have with it. Only the vehicle system and the fact that it seems more designed for co-op than SP bug me at this point.

M&L3 absolutely deserves the score. Might be the best non-puzzle DS game.

Drawn to Life obviously didn't fix the issues with the first game if the EDGE score is to be believed. Realistically, most people felt the story, presentation, and drawing in the first one was good and that the level design was what needed work. So, I'm guessing EDGE figures they didn't fix the level design.

M&M DS doesn't surprise me either. Capybara clearly have good heads on their shoulders and I remember EDGE giving Puzzle Quest a good score so I suspect they have a soft spot for puzzle-hybrids.

Struct09

Cromulent_Word said:
I love popping open GAF at work, only to find that my studio's game scored a mothafunkin 9 from Edge.

Pardon me while i go give many high-fives

As long as you come back to GAF to give more high fives

*high five*

squicken

Borderlands may not be great, and I understand the UK dev grade inflation, but how is OpFlash in any way better?*

*no bylines.

Fimbulvetr said:
He got the magazine confused with the developer.

I read it as an attempt at humor, but you make it sound like he was serious!

I've heard of people not reading the OP, maybe he's trying to start a new trend by not even reading beyond the first word of the topic.

levious said:
I believe he was making a joke...

Yeah, wtf @ so many people not getting the joke. Edge's (the "game studio") website has all of these games it's claimed to have developed. Of course it hasn't done shit.

Top Bottom