• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EDGE Issue 313 - Christmas 2017

The Christmas 2017 edition of EDGE arrived today.

Reviews
Assassins Creed Origins - 6
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - 7
Evil Within 2 - 6
Middle Earth: Shadow of War - 6
Cuphead - 8
Forza 7 - 8
Gran Turismo Sport - 6
Fire Emblem Warriors - 7
Golf Story - 5
Luma - 7

Previews
Code Vein (PC/PS4/XB1)
Vane (PS4/PC)
Lost Sphear (PS4/Switch)
Gorogoa (PC)
Untitled Goose Game (PC)
Overland (PC)

Features
Global Domination - How Monster Hunter:World plans to make a hardcore series a global phenomenon
Perfect Balance - Dragon Ball Fighter:Z proves that true fighting game beauty is much more than skin deep
Collected Works - XCOM creator Julian Gollop
Making Of... - Spelunky
Time Extend - Amnesia: The Dark Descent
The Long Game - No Man's Sky

Next Month: Looks like a Final Fantasy special to celebrate 30 years of FF, with a range of different covers.

Breakage

I'm surprised at that GT Sport score. Seems Edge weren't that impressed with much this month - pretty average score all around really (with the exception of Forza and Cuphead).

I'm really tempted to grab the issue to read the reviews. Especially GTSport and Golf Story.

I signed up to a 6 month trial for £5 but really the quality of the magazine is nowhere near what it used to be at the start. I guess economics no longer allow for the paper quality etc.

Would like to read the Edge [5] review for Golf Story. I've put off buying it for now because it didn't really seem like the sum of its parts, let alone more than the sum of its parts.

sublimit

Banned
Vane still exists? I almost completely forgot about that game. I'm also curious about what they thought of Code Vein.

Oemenia

Banned
Just got my copy, did it come early or did last month's come late?
I signed up to a 6 month trial for £5 but really the quality of the magazine is nowhere near what it used to be at the start. I guess economics no longer allow for the paper quality etc.
Same, far too much coverage of indie games. gamesTM is a much better magazine as it covers way more (I really like the retro section) and has great editorials too.

SirNinja

That's by far the lowest score I've seen for Golf Story. Hope it doesn't dissuade anyone from picking it up; it's a really excellent game.

damn those reviews

it's so across the board it sort of looks symbolic

'hey, games industry, you're all a 6.5 right now, get your shit together'

down 2 orth

Harsh reviews across the board, but I haven't played any of those games, so I can't comment on their accuracy. Better than handing out 90's like they're nothing though..

Top Bottom