• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge - November 2015 (Quantum Break cover)

8bit

Knows the Score
I don't seem to be able to find a post on this, so apologies if it's a duplicate.

Quantum Break on the cover. Protagonist looks like the guy from Killjoys but with a uncanny valley face.

DaxNIbX.jpg

Previews :

Crackdown 3
Tacoma
Stellaris
Fallout 4
Mafia III
Planet Coaster

Reviews :

Super Mario Maker 9
Mad Max 6
Volume 7
Tearaway Unfolded 7
Forza 6 8
Disney Infinity 3.0 7
Animal Crossing : Happy Home Designer 7
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime 6

Next Month :

A big picture of space

And this guy at the end

RietHHw.jpg

*Stirling Albion 0

Where is the cover?

Also holy shit at Super Mario Maker score. I didn't follow the game and thought it is a shitty "RPG maker"-like indie title. Guess I was 100% wrong!

8bit

Knows the Score
It mentions "the version of Crackdown we played" so it seems so.

Some observations:

The digital paint concept sounds interesting, it seems any surface can be used to communicate with players.

Players can tunnel under the city and dig holes in the ground. The scale of this isn't yet fixed.

The single player / non-cloud version tones down the possible city destruction.

Also, you need to coerce the bosses out of hiding instead of heading straight for them in pursuit of a fight.

Servbot24

Banned
Something about that picture is really funny to me. Not sure why, he just looks like a typical IT guy or something doing the brooding face down eyes up pose. :p

Anyways, this game is looking awesome so far. May have to get an XB1 for it (among others).

Surprised by the scores for Tearaway Unfolded and Lovers... guess they just didn't click with them.

Also that person on the cover looks eerily like Jeff Bakalar.

EvB

Some observations:

The digital paint concept sounds interesting, it seems any surface can be used to communicate with players.

Players can tunnel under the city and dig holes in the ground. The scale of this isn't yet fixed.

Also, you need to coerce the bosses out of hiding instead of heading straight for them in pursuit of a fight.

Please have a tunnelling drill vehicle ! Please!

Quantum Break, Scalebound and Crackdown 3.

How the hell am I supposed to pick my most anticipated* out of those three!?!

*Its going to be Quantum Break. Remedy baby, Remedy :D

Some observations:

Non cloud?

Huh...so there's an offline mode?

krYlon

As mentioned in the other EDGE 285 thread, you can order the Edge Special Edition: The 100 Greatest Videogames here : https://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.../edge-special-edition-the-top-100-videogames/

The price is £11.99/€18.99/$20.99 but the discount code DIGISUB gets you -£5/-€5/-$5 !

Surprised no one on GAF has posted the top 100 yet. Flicked through it in a newsagents today and I expect a lot of Miyazaki fans here on GAF will be very happy with the results.

It is a really dull, lazy special edition for £12 though. Probably no one wants to buy it.

Surprised no one on GAF has posted the top 100 yet. Flicked through it in a newsagents today and I expect a lot of Miyazaki fans here on GAF will be very happy with the results.

It is a really dull, lazy special edition for £12 though. Probably no one wants to buy it.

Bloodborne and Dark Souls (their number 1) in the top 5 makes me happy. :)

I bought it. Haven't received it yet, but I think Edge's write-ups are in the best in the business and a list is meaningless without them. Looking forward to reading it.

Not sure I'm gonna pick this one up. I know there's a coupon floating around. When the art of video games special came out there was a retail coupon for £5 off but dunno if they're doing that again.

Angel_DvA

I really really dislike the new MC, why change it lol ? the previous one was way better, it must be really confusing for people who doesn't follow games like we do... whatever, can't wait for the coverage, might bite on it, one of my most anticipated game on Xbox, can't wait.

Top Bottom